Formally introducing myself :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-25-2012, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I guess my son qualifies as gifted, and I thought I'd introduce myself here since I'm sure I'll be picking all of your brains quite a lot in the upcoming months.  Actually I think he's "twice-exceptional" since he also has an ADD diagnosis.  He's 7 years old and a WISC summary test last year done as part of his ADD eval showed an IQ of 125.  He's having more issues in school (I have a thread going here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1338825/second-grader-acting-out-in-school-need-help about that) and will be going through the full battery of tests at school, including a full WISC, and I'm anxious to see what they peg his IQ at with the full test. 

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#2 of 3 Old 01-25-2012, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to the world of giftedness (is that even a word lol)

I believe the WISC summary is perceptual and visual which make up the GAI. If your son is 2E this will probably be abetter indicator of what he can do. The other sections are processing speed and working memory. All four make up the WISC-IV. It is a good thing your school uses the summary or GAI, not many do.

#3 of 3 Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Yes, welcome! I didn't reply to your other thread because I thought you had some good advice there already. I hope you find some good reading and resources in this subforum too. 

Tags
Gifted Child

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page