What are they doing now - November/December! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-06-2012, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thought I'd start this thread for the end of 2012 to see what everyone is up to smile.gif

I'm excited to share that DS 3.5 has moved out of a not so good daycare environment and on to Preschool!  This is his 2nd day and things seem to be going well so far.  I was already greeted by the teacher saying that he was reading for her and she asked if he would like to read their morning story to the class.  This is a good sign as he would not read for his previous daycare provider.  She seems to genuinely like him and be interested and respect the level he's at. 

The kids in this preschool are sooo independent. He has quite a lot to learn on this front, and I'm looking forward to watching my baby boy grow up and make friends! 

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#2 of 2 Old 11-06-2012, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

8-1/2yo ds is getting bounced out of his Scratch programming class on Saturdays because apparently they need the TA to be with him the whole class.  Stupid me didn't ask what happens if the TA is NOT with him since apparently, ds is not disruptive, just apparently not always "paying attention".  The concept that he can be picking up the concepts and look completely distracted doesn't seem to register with the instructor.  Hmmm...

Okay--just sent THAT e-mail!

We struggle to find science curriculum (we homeschool) that is high enough of a challenge without being boring.  Oh... and that is not parent-intensive since the 4yo doesn't nap regularly.  eyesroll.gif

We finished the elementary series of Life of Fred and are spending November & December practicing drillwork for subtraction and multiplication with zeroes, and learning some mental math tricks before moving onward in the series with "Fractions" while simultaneously adding calc (per ds' request via Calculus Without Tears which starts at 4th grade level math)

Oh... and we're battling blood sugar problems with a child who refuses to do blood glucose monitoring.  Fun times.  We're managing with an altered diet, but slip ups hit us hard... *sigh*

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page