Can I start a "Funny Things They Say/Amazing things they do" Thread? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 04-08-2013, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Aww my 9-yo DD maybe doesn't know 31 digits but she would have gone along with her for a while.  Luckily she had a fantastic K-2 teacher so they all know about Pi and circumference and ratios.  So your DD would have been in good company at our school.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 39 Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 PM

When asked how can you tell the difference between a boy and a girl, DD(4) replied, 'A boy has an X and a Y chromosome, a girl has two X's.' (But what I really want to know is why she was being asked this question in the first place!)

Edited to add - I realize that isn't really funny - but it was in the context of her preschool 'circle time.'
#33 of 39 Old 04-25-2013, 03:38 PM

This morning my 15 month old points at my solid blue shirt and says "circle". I'm like, er, I don't see a circle. She insists and points saying circle again. I tell her I don't understand. Exasperated, she yanks my shirt and bra down and points to, yeah, a circle. FYI, that's NOT how I've been approaching shape learning. 😳
#34 of 39 Old 04-26-2013, 04:22 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathlin View Post

This morning my 15 month old points at my solid blue shirt and says "circle". I'm like, er, I don't see a circle. She insists and points saying circle again. I tell her I don't understand. Exasperated, she yanks my shirt and bra down and points to, yeah, a circle. FYI, that's NOT how I've been approaching shape learning. 😳

ROTFLMAO.gif

MeDH DS1 10/06 DD 08/10 DS2 10/12with SB and
#35 of 39 Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 PM

DD just started swimming lessons.  Her first day, my husband gets in the pool with her and for the first exercise he holds her under the armpits and pulls her around.  From what he explains to me she has no instinct to swim.  Her arms and legs go completely limp and he is just pulling her around.  When this was over, very proud of herself, excited, and as a matter a fact as can be, she looks up at the swimming instructor, and says,  "And that's how we swim".   nod.gif  hehe  yep 

(thanks for starting this thread...love these kind!)orngbiggrin.gif

superhero.gifhearts.gifangel1.gif                   flowerkitty.gifdog2.gif dog2.gif             BFPChart2.giffingersx.gifTTC             

#36 of 39 Old 05-07-2013, 02:41 PM

Hehe that's adorable, Mom2010!
#37 of 39 Old 06-14-2013, 06:12 PM

I think of this thread often, and mentally crack up at DS and mean to post - but I always forget. smile.gif  He just turned 2 in April and is more hilarious than ever.

Today, I suggested we make a drawing for DH for Father's Day.  Asked DS what he'd like to draw - "Let's draw Daddy!" (no surprise there)

Only...then he said, "Ok, this is Daddy's body, and Daddy's head...and this is his heart...this is all his blood coming out...and now, let's draw red blood cells and white blood cells and PLATELETS!!!" orngbiggrin.gif

And so he did. thumb.gif

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#38 of 39 Old 06-14-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathlin View Post

ROTFLMAO.gif That's awesome!  Love it.  I'm frequently glad DS is so insistent, and relatively patient, with me - I know he feels like he's working with amateurs. winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2010 View Post

DD just started swimming lessons.  Her first day, my husband gets in the pool with her and for the first exercise he holds her under the armpits and pulls her around.  From what he explains to me she has no instinct to swim.  Her arms and legs go completely limp and he is just pulling her around.  When this was over, very proud of herself, excited, and as a matter a fact as can be, she looks up at the swimming instructor, and says,  "And that's how we swim".   nod.gif  hehe  yep 

(thanks for starting this thread...love these kind!)orngbiggrin.gif

Super cute! love.gif

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#39 of 39 Old 06-14-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

These are all so great, I luxlove.gif them!

Tonight, DD wrapped her arms around my neck when I was tucking her into bed and said 

"I'm going to keep you, Mommy!  You'll stay here with me and we will stay up all night and talk about hydrogen!"

Oh boy! banana.gif Hehe.

This rocks, haha!! I love it.  Oh goody!! Sheepish.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page