Mothering Forum banner

just curious

683 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Butter 
#1 ·
For those of you who do secret presents (santa or other) how many of you have to use different wrapping paper from other presents so that your dc don't figure out where the stuff came from?

#4 ·
We've never wrapped Santa presents. They are just placed beneath the stockings. In previous years when my dh was still wanting to do Baby Jesus, each item had a printed label with the child's name and who it was from (with different fonts and colors), but since Santa doesn't wrap presents it's not an issue at our house. My ds has it figured out anyway, I can tell, but he's not saying anything just yet. He seems to be waiting it out at this point. dd wholeheartedly believes though.

#5 ·
We don't wrap Santas' gifts either. Our children only get one present from Santa (unwrapped) and the rest are from family. Hmmm....now that I'm thinking about it, I could sure save myself a lot of time and energy if I only wrapped the gift from Santa and left the others unwrapped!

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamnEmma View Post
My ds has it figured out anyway, I can tell, but he's not saying anything just yet. He seems to be waiting it out at this point. dd wholeheartedly believes though.
I held on for 3 Christmas' before I told my parents that I knew Santa wasn't real. My mom said that she knew that I knew, but she wanted to wait until I was ready to tell her. I'm pretty certain that ds is questioning it this year, but he's really excited about the gift he's going to get from Santa -- which is exactly the reason I didn't want to tell my parents. Santa's gift was the only "for sure" gift that I got.

#8 ·
I started wrapping Santa's gifts in different paper when dd#1 was 4 months old (her first Christmas). Still, it didn't stop her from telling me that she was pretty sure that dad and I were Santa by the time she was in kindergarten. She's been great about not breaking the news to her younger sister, though, even though we did eventually tell her that she was right.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamnEmma View Post
Clearly you two are the more politically savvy. Me? I just blurted it out immediately when I figured it out. Literally, immediately, as in, "OH! You and Dad are Santa!"

I don't know if I was as savvy as I was controlling.
I wanted to be sure to get one thing that I really, really wanted! If I told my parents that I knew Santa wasn't real, I assumed that I'd blow it. If I am guessing right with ds, he's following in my footsteps by being as equally controlling!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.