How old is she? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-18-2009, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I get asked how old Ridley is all the time. FTR we did not follow doctors orders and stay away from everyone. I just don't let them touch her or get within 5 feet of her.

How old should I say she is?

Almost 4 months?

or

1.5 months?

Do I explain she's a preemie or just let it go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-18-2009, 09:42 PM

We do a little of both with Zephan. When people ask how old he is and I say "two months", most people smile or say he is cute. He's just about 7 pounds now and just a few days past his due date.

If they say something like "wow, he's little" then I'll tell them he was born 2 months early. Some people get it, others don't.
#3 of 7 Old 01-18-2009, 11:50 PM

It always depended on my mood. Did I feel like/have time to talk? If so, I'd tell his actual age. If I didn't feel like dealing with questions, I used his adjusted age.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#4 of 7 Old 01-19-2009, 01:34 PM

Molly's homebound & on visitor restriction, but when she's at the ped, I've been asked. I usually just say her adjusted age. She's small for her adjusted age so I've still received the puzzled looks.
#5 of 7 Old 01-19-2009, 05:48 PM

For me it doesn't matter what age I use, Erin's about the size of a six month old so whether I say she's 22 months or 18 months I always get "oh, she's TINY!" I've always told people her actual age though and particularly now that she's older but that's mainly because I remember how old her actual age is, where as I have to work out her corrected age :
#6 of 7 Old 01-19-2009, 05:59 PM

I had a 28 weeker (who is now 10! time flies). I never used her adjusted age for anything. When people asked how old she was I told them her real age, and if they mentioned how small she was I just said "She was born a bit early, so she's small but she's healthy" or something along those lines.
#7 of 7 Old 01-21-2009, 12:20 PM

me personally, I feel like his corrected age is his real age. just because he spent his last trimester on the outside, doesn't make him older than a baby who got his full forty weeks.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page