Soon to be preemie mom of 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-22-2009, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have a preemie yet but will have 2 soon. I am 31 weeks 3 days PG with twins and on hospital bedrest due to 2 severe bleeding episodes from complete placental previa. OB wants to deliver at 34-35 weeks, peri said 36 weeks. So I don't know what will happen but I just hope the bleeding doesn't start again! For that reason, I really don't want to go past 35 weeks. Ughhh, I dunno, I want healthy babies but I am terrified of some sort of emergency situation. Oh btw, I already had 2 steroid shots.

I guess Im just introducing myself and I am open to any advice and would love to hear from someone who was in a similar situation.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations on your babies! I'm sure you can't wait to meet them.
I was on bedrest at home at 35 weeks and I delivered at 37 weeks although I didn't have twins. The bed rest was hard. I wasn't used to being in bed for so long.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:18 PM

Congratulations on getting this far under stressful conditions. I hope you can keep those babies in longer, and that you have an uneventful birth.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 PM

Hi. I hope you will update us soon and let us know how things are going. Have you delivered yet?

I had my twins at 33 wks 3 days, and they have done very well overall. They did have breathing issues the first week, but hopefully with the steroid shot, yours should be much better off.

They should be in pretty good shape if you can make it to 35 weeks. Just hang in there.

Single mom to the Crunchy Froglets, Keith and Carlin, twin boys born 1/30/09. Frozen for 10 years, now unleashed on the world.

User Tag List