Survey for parents of older preemies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2010, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas. I am posting to share this survey with you for anyone interested in completing it (with permission from Mods).

As a psychologist I am involved with the study as a mentor to a high school honors student who was interested in seeing the way in which birth weight may impact attentional capacity through early development. Specifically, she is hoping to observe correlations and work towards earlier intervention with the hopes that fewer children will eventually be diagnosed with or receive drug treatment for ADHD.

I am a long-time member here at MDC and just wanted to share in the event that anyone has a few minutes to participate. Should take less than 10 minutes and the survey intro has a lot more info about the study.

While any parent of a child 2-6y is welcome to participate, we are particularly in need of information for children that were born at a low birth weight or small for their gestational age.

TIA!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JN52L5K

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 AM

Interesting study. My child is almost 8, so outside the age range. He was born at a nice weight for only 34 weeks - but does have Aspergers and ADHD.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 09-02-2010, 01:50 PM

That definitely looks like an interesting study. My ds is also outside of the age range (he's 10) but he was 29 weeks and a high birth weight for that age (3 lbs, 4 oz.) So far no attentional disorders.

Jen, former attorney and now SAHM to 11 yo ds and 8 yo ds

Old 09-09-2010, 03:35 AM

I have one in and one out of the age range. 3 and 18 months. The 3 year old was the 27 weeker so she's probably the more "interesting" study. My 33 weeker was pretty big for gestational age.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Old 09-10-2010, 12:07 PM

Mine were born at 27 weeks gestation at 2 lbs 5 oz and 2 lbs 10 oz but are just under 2. If the survey is still active in February, we'll take it!

Mom to 2 healthy micro-preemies, Aubrey and Beau

User Tag List