Sling Recommendations - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is a good sling for a 7lb baby. He is 2 mos old and I would get more done if I could wear him. But my sling from my previous children who were 9 and 10lbers just does not work for him. Any suggestions?
#2 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 12:01 PM

You might get more traffic in the Baby Wearing thread. My ring sling worked alright with DD when she was tiny, but I sometimes shoved a receiving blanket under her back for support. Which carries have you tried with him? I would go with a maya wrap or something along that line, that would keep your DS more upright if I were you.

I'd also ask a mod to move your thread over...

#3 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 12:29 PM

I'm using the moby wrap right now. The only problem is that his legs are srunched up all the time, but he's soooo much happier upright!
#4 of 5 Old 10-09-2010, 11:22 AM

I used a fleece pocket sling from Kangaroo Korner. I did the tummy-to-tummy position with the babe's feet tucked underneath. Both my premies were happy in that position for at least 2-3 months. I moved the fabric of the carrier so that there was a lot of fabric against my body and less on the outer layer so my baby's face wouldn't be covered. The instructions that came with the carrier were very helpful in that regard.
#5 of 5 Old 10-10-2010, 09:13 AM

I second the moby. My son was 5 lbs when we brought him home and he just about lived in it for the first few months of life. He liked the cradle hold and the hug hold. Plus it keeps strangers from touching him

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page