Baby wise anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-09-2010, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone use baby wise? I have a friend who is doing it and her daughter is doing great. Just want to see what your expierence is.
#2 of 7 Old 12-09-2010, 01:45 PM

http://ezzo.info/

#3 of 7 Old 12-09-2010, 01:58 PM

I think it works for some people, and not for others.  It's like any other method, it's not for everyone.

I personally couldn't wrap my mind around the idea, it just didn't feel right to me.  I started to take a class through a local church about "Growing Kids God's Way" and they talked about Babywise.  I was very uncomfortable in the class, and I knew right away it just wasn't for us.

I DO like to know about it though.  I don't think any one method is perfect for anyone.  An idea from one book, and a few ideas from another seem to be best for us. 

I loved Kevin Leman, and many people here seem to think he's cruel.  But, he's made so much sense to me, and he did it with humor and kindness.   I use some ideas, and ignore the rest.  

#4 of 7 Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post

http://ezzo.info/

yeahthat.gif

Mother to one Little Flower Childdust.gif 3/08 and one little squirmy boy babyf.gif 4/12 homebirth.jpg, Wife to fuzmalesling.gif,I am a Vegan Pagan. We familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif mdcblog5.gif!

#5 of 7 Old 12-10-2010, 05:08 AM

Babywise is a book we can not host positive discussion about here at MDC, it advocates a style of parenting that MDC considers dangerous and abusive.  Please do look at the above link, and read up in our Family Bed & Nightime Parenting forms about healthy infant and parent sleep patterns that won't harm infants as babywise following can and will.  

SomethingAnonymous likes this.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#6 of 7 Old 12-10-2010, 05:35 AM

I do not have personal experience with using the "method" but I took time to read the book to know what it was all about.

Things that they advocate for and want you to do are anti Atachment Parenting and pediatrician recomendations. It is totally made up way with no scientific evidence that it is SAFE or Beneficial for babies. Actually, AAP has issued a warning about this book and the church where babywise (raising children gods way) does not support them anymore.

BWT people who started the program/written the book do not have substantial medical or scientific background. The guy is theologist and his wife was trained as pediatric nurse. The program at first was geared toward Christian parents but after AAP isued a warning aout them they teamed up with a "doctor" and pushed it into secular world.

It might "work" for some parents and babies but those are the resiliant babies and parents who want quick fixes no matter the cost.

Read it yourself, see if it makes sense and check out the link someone posted above.

#7 of 7 Old 12-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

I am closing this thread.

Babywise is something we will not host positive discussion of.  His methods have been outed as harmful and run counter to Mothering's purpose. 

Thank you for understanding.

sparklett likes this.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page