Chandler. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-04-2011, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know most people thing preemies are small but i had my baby boy at 37wks and he weighed 8lb 13oz. He had alot of trouble breathin and had to have to doses of surfactant and was transport to a hospital almost an hour away. He was placed on a vent. to help him breathe then he was transfer to oxygen. He was jaundice for almos a week and they had to place an IV in his belly button bc he couldnt eat with a bottle bc they said it was goin in his lungs so he had an IV for a week in a half. The ran some test and found out he has stridor. I couldnt hold him for almost a week. He was placed on a feeding tube since he was 6 days old. When he came home at 17 days old the doctors said he was fine and was well enough to go home. About a week later i noticed he wasnt breathin normal so i told him back to his regular doctor and found out he had a broken collar bone from birth and his breathing wasnt good so i was told to go back to Riley. I took him back the next mornin and the ha ran some test and found out he has sleep apena and something wrong wth his voice box and he was on a feeding tube but now he seems to be doing better. now hes 3 months old and weighs close to 17lb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 10:20 PM

Wow, big hugs to you!  You have already been through so much with your little one!  I'm sorry he has had so much trouble, but it's great that he has gained so nicely.

My premies weren't very small either, especially ds, born at 35 weeks, 6 lb 8 oz and 19 inches.  We were lucky that neither of ours had breathing problems -- that must be so scary!

Hope your guy keeps getting better and stronger.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:35 AM

I'm sorry that you and your little guy have been through so much already.  Last week I was induced and gave birth to a 7 pound baby that also acts like a preemie and is in the NICU.  So I understand what you mean about having a large "preemie".  I'm glad that your baby has been gaining weight so well.  I hope he keeps getting better and better.  hug2.gif

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

User Tag List