31 weaker chat thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-22-2012, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else with a current preemie around 31 weaker that would like to start a chat thread?

It seems these beings are so different. I love him so much! Have a few questions but would love to meet others on this journey.

I am an all natural mama to 4 beauties. Welcome all!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Sky

I am new to this group but not new to motheringDC Our LO was born at 30 weeks on 3/15/2012

HI! smile.gif

crunchy peace.gif yet conservative nocirc.gif EBF, ERF, loving wife to DHlove.gif  SAHM to little prince DS5 and princess DD9 and younger DD 30 wk preemie princess born 10 weeks early! 3/15/12

Old 04-27-2012, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

My DD was a 27-weeker who is now almost 9 months old.  I found that the number of us on Mothering with a preemie at one time was not really large enough to create a thread.  But the number of people that went through it at some time in the past added up.  Also, babies are SO different- in some ways my 27-weeker had more challenges than some of the 24- and 25 weekers around her, and in other ways did better than some 35 weekers.  So, feel free to share and ask any and all of us.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:41 AM

I just gave birth to a beautiful dd @ 32 weeks on may 7th. I feel like a 1st time mom again as all
is so new. I find it hard to trust all the medical-ness of the special care nursery but also dont knowenough myself to feel empoweted....like I HATE they put fortifier in my bm! But i want my dd to grow and this is the way they do it?

My first week postpartum is also so different than w dd1 (almost 8). I have been home 3 days and find it so tough to be w/o baby. I am struggling w pumping (so mechanical
And cold) but know it is best of course. I feel a bit shell-shocked most days and anxiously await the new normal ofbringing dd home.

Would love to chat and process w other natural mamas.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Sky

congrats freegirl, on your LO! i did not like the fortifier either, it made dd gassy etc.... she was born 3/15 we came home from NICU on 4/15 and 1 week later her pediatrician said i can stop the fortifier. she has been gaining well on bfing alone now :) i would have done the fortifier for as long as nessasary but am glad to be done with it. Also i was pumping a lot the first mth but now i just pump enough for a few bottles just in case for when i go to the gym, but the last time i went i fed her before i left and she never took the bottle.

How are you feeling? The first few days I was like in a bit of a daze and running on adrenaline. It gets better.

How is you LO doing? Try to get sleep, it will help you also take your vitamins and eat well {hugs} Are you pumping?

That was different for me because I did not pump with DD#1 or with DS. But I got a lot of support from the LC even about helping pump the right way etc... and how to pump..

i'll be back to check thread.....

crunchy peace.gif yet conservative nocirc.gif EBF, ERF, loving wife to DHlove.gif  SAHM to little prince DS5 and princess DD9 and younger DD 30 wk preemie princess born 10 weeks early! 3/15/12

Old 05-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post

My DD was a 27-weeker who is now almost 9 months old.  I found that the number of us on Mothering with a preemie at one time was not really large enough to create a thread.  But the number of people that went through it at some time in the past added up.  Also, babies are SO different- in some ways my 27-weeker had more challenges than some of the 24- and 25 weekers around her, and in other ways did better than some 35 weekers.  So, feel free to share and ask any and all of us.

i'm so glad to hear about

preemie LOs who are growing up!

here is my LO when she was born and her story http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1348246/skys-story-and-pics

Tags
Preemies
User Tag List