Alternative methods for infant acid reflux? Did you find anything that worked? I.e. acupuncture.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone tried anything like acupuncture, cranial sacral therapy or chiropractic work that was successful in treating baby's acid reflux? Something other than medication or formula, is preferred. Thanks!

1st time Mombabyf.gifcame 14 wks early on 10.21.11, no known reason. winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFcd.gifcat.gifnamaste.gif Married to a lovely hubby fuzmalesling.gifsince 08.07.09.treehugger.gifbanana.gif

#2 of 9 Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM

i cut out all dairy completely, even hidden dairy, and that helped. cutting coffee helped more than anything.

Neera likes this.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#3 of 9 Old 05-02-2012, 06:54 PM

there is some type of licorice extract? it was hard for me to find info on it and i don't remember what it's called. maybe someone will know.

AmyJeanneBee likes this.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#4 of 9 Old 06-14-2012, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I am not sure if you tried probiotics. My son who was born at 25 weeks had bad acid reflux, but he had been on 2 rounds of very strong anti-biotics while he was in NICU. I started giving him infant probiotics in his bottle (I was pumping for him) and the difference was huge even if if wasn't totaly cured of reflux.

Amee

#5 of 9 Old 06-25-2012, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We held DD for 30-45 minutes upright after every feeding. We also gave her home-made gripe water, made from cane sugar, water, peppermint, ginger, and fennel seeds. There are plenty of recipes for it online. The downside? She ended up with explosive diaper blowouts afterward.

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.   namaste.gif  ribbonpb.gif  joy.gif
#6 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 06:31 AM

dairy free

Neera likes this.

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#7 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 02:03 PM

me going gluten and dairy free solved the problem 

#8 of 9 Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My son was not a preemie but he had reflux for months. What helped the most were simple feeding adjustments:
- Keep him upright during feeding and an hour after each feeding
- burp him well during and after feedings
- feed smaller amounts frequently rather than large amounts less often (ex. Every two hours rather than every 3).

We also benefitted from switching to a soy formula as well as by using the gentle safe anti-gas meds (not the heavy duty reflux meds).
#9 of 9 Old 08-06-2012, 10:47 AM

For us, going dairy and gluten free helped. My son was born at 33 weeks and was on anti-biotics at birth and I was on three courses of anti-biotics before he was born (PROM). After reading the GAPS book I see he had a very messed up gut. We are now starting the GAPS diet in hopes of curing my GAPS and in turn his.

Tags
Preemies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page