New and struggling - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 08-30-2012, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations knicole! (: for you're beautiful baby boy. I know its hard when we are moms for the first time especially when we have to take them home after they were born premature. Don't worry you will do great with your baby. Time passes by fast and soon will be a big boy!!! I know how it feels to have a premature baby my son who is now two yrs old was born at 25 weeks he weighed 2 pounds exactly and was 13 inches long. The day my baby was born i was happy and sad at the time because he was born so tiny that he could've not made it. Since he was born 15 weeks early he stayed in the NICU for 100 days! It was the hardest thing my husband and i went though plus he's our first baby. I had experienced a miscarrige before we had our son so I've been though a lot and im 22 yrs old and if i have another one im going to be in high risk pregnancy
#32 of 32 Old 09-14-2012, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hugs! Hang in there, mama! I know EXACTLY how you feel! I was a huge mess when my twins were in the NICU. I cried all the time, and yes it doesn't help that post-partum hormones are no joke! They spent a month in the NICU and it was agonizing, I missed them so much! But now it is just a blip on the radar. If I could go back in time, I wish I could have been less of a mess. But I don't even know if that is possible considering the recovery, hormones, and feeling like you are missing out on both the last bit of your pregnancy AND the new-mommy stuff! But I wish I could have just enjoyed them when I was visiting (I cried a ton in the beginning, especially when I couldn't be holding them!) and then spent my time at home healing/recovering and maybe worked on a project for their homecoming or something, I dunno- something positive to focus on. I'm sorry you had a rough day with him not eating well. It definitely was not your fault! If you think you have PPD, then maybe you should ask about some medications. Hang in there and just keep focusing on this beautiful baby boy!

Proud Mama to Abigail Noelle and Brady Phoenix (August 29, 2009) and Claire Zoe (October 26, 2010)  love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page