Mothering Forum banner

has any of your babys been intubated for a long time

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MommyKelly 
#1 ·
hi this is my first post. my son was born at 35 weeks . . which isn't really that bad but he was also born with Down syndrome. We had many hosbiral stays he stayed in the NICU for 3 months. We came home then he was back in the PICU. He was in thrre for 5 long long months. Where he almost died twice. He went into respiratory failure. He was on the breathing machines for 6 1/2 weeks. Intubated on the ventilator. Now he won't take nothing by mouth!!
greensad.gif
nothing he chokes gagss till he throws up. If you put a bottle into his mouth. he cannot swallow anything. before he loved his bottle. he still likes his pacifier. but now he is fed by G tube. its been almost 2 months now. I want him to eat my mouth. he works his speech therapy but they don't really do nothing. and his ENT doctor said that his vocal cords look fine. has any of your preemies been ventilated so long that they cant eat anymor??? Help
greensad.gif

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.