Mothering Forum banner

Vacinations and Preemies

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  MarCindy 
#1 ·
Hi All.

I am a father of a 31 week preemie. He is now 2 months old and soon due for the usual 2 month vaccinations.

I was a bit overwhelmed at the time of birth and we gave him Hep B shot and now had to follow up with the second.

I want more control over this now and told the doctor to hold off for a bit as I do my research.

I just finished reading :The Vaccine Book: Making the Right Decision for Your Child" By Dr Sears. A ton of information

What I obtained was that I should be trying to choose the vaccines with the leas amout of aluminum specifically for a preemie.

He has his alternate schedule for vaccinations and states its best not to give more than 2 at a time.

Now which vaccinations would you guys consider critical for a preemie to have?

I heard from many that they do not want to give the rotavirus vaccine due to it being an active virus.

I have to say it has been a bit overwhelming researching this and I am doing my best but would love to hear from others on this topic, hopefully ones who also have preemies.

So he is scheduled to get DTap, HIB, Pneumoccocaland Polio as well as rotavirus ( for now I'm saying no to rotavirus but am interested in your opinions)

Currently I want to hold off until he is at least closer to the adjusted 2 months...

I appreciate the help.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.