What we wish our family and friends knew about having a preemie/NICU/sick infant. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 01-30-2012, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenybaby View Post

What you are basically saying is....

.....there is nothing anyone can say that will be correct

......there is nothing anyone can do that will be correct

......I do not want anyone near me or my baby

,.....I am emotionally unstable at this point in my life and absolutely everythinng will be perceived as intrusive and not meant with good will.

......I do not realize that other people are just genuinely concerned and care about me and my baby.

....everyone just needs to stay away until I am more emotionally stable....

What human person could meet all the criteria on your list???

period.

Sometimes there was absolutely no politeness left in me after spending the day with my very sick baby.  You may think by asking me when he's coming home you are being supportive and showing interest, but you sure as hell weren't the only person asking that.  It's pretty frustrating to be asked the same question repeatedly.  If I tell you that it's going to be several more months, don't ask me the same question in a week.  If something miraculous happened you can bet I would be telling EVERYONE I know about it.  Often we just wanted to be left alone.  We didn't feel like answering the phone.  We didn't feel like answering emails.  We just wanted to be with our baby and somehow have a normal home life for our daughter.

Married to my other half

Mama to Madeline (07-10-07) and Finley (10-17-11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page