You know you're a preemie parent when... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 100 Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksera05 View Post
My Bradley class started two weeks AFTER she was born. We lost our $50 deposit. Sigh.
That sucks that you lost your deposit. It's not like you didn't go just because you didn't feel like it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 100 Old 05-08-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post

So when he showed up with my bag, I opened it to find 1 shirt, 11 pairs of socks, 8 pairs of underwear, 4 bras, 3 pairs of pants, 7 pairs of shorts, and 13 books. He had to use two bags 'cause he packed so many books.

No toiletries...not even a toothbrush. When I asked him if he had a separate toiletry bag, the look on his face was priceless. "Um, oh. I guess you needed those, huh? Crud. Well, uh, I can go home again?" No honey, I'm about to get loaded in to an ambulance and taken 90 miles away. Don't go home again.
LMAO! Boys are silly.

Ryan was working on a freelance project with a serious deadline when I went to my OB appointment, wihch was the only reason he didn't go with me - I figured since my contractions had stopped the day before, it'd be no big deal. I ended up sitting in the hospital from about 3pm to 7 or 8pm all alone because he had to finish this project or he wouldn't get paid. The TV show he'd been working on (Little Einsteins - he's an animator) went on hiatus the day before, so we really needed the money. Anyway, I spent the whole time working on a detailed list of all the stuff I needed and exactly where it was in the house. Every once in a while I find it when I use that purse. I somehow can't bear to toss it.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#93 of 100 Old 05-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
The first time I was admitted for PTL, I came straight from the office, so all I had was the outfit I'd worn to work, and my purse.

I asked DH to go home and get a bag for me since they were admitting me for an unknown period of time. I told him which drawers I kept all of my clothes in (he keeps his in the guest room downstairs, so we don't share a dresser) and asked him to get me a few outfits since I was allowed to wear my own clothes in the hospital (apparently). I also asked him to grab me a book or two.

So when he showed up with my bag, I opened it to find 1 shirt, 11 pairs of socks, 8 pairs of underwear, 4 bras, 3 pairs of pants, 7 pairs of shorts, and 13 books. He had to use two bags 'cause he packed so many books.

No toiletries...not even a toothbrush. When I asked him if he had a separate toiletry bag, the look on his face was priceless. "Um, oh. I guess you needed those, huh? Crud. Well, uh, I can go home again?" No honey, I'm about to get loaded in to an ambulance and taken 90 miles away. Don't go home again.
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksera05 View Post
My Bradley class started two weeks AFTER she was born. We lost our $50 deposit. Sigh.
I can't believe they didn't give you the deposit back! As I was being wheeled on the gurney out of my hospital room to the ambulance, I looked at my OB and said "boy I sure am glad I toured this new birthing unit 3 times and never got to use it." I think if I ever get pregnant again I'll just ask to tour the local NICU.
#94 of 100 Old 05-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_mommy0307 View Post
That sucks that you lost your deposit. It's not like you didn't go just because you didn't feel like it...
I'm sure if I had thrown a fit I would have gotten it back...but I didn't have the emotional energy, KWIM? I also lost our deposit on the birth assistant...that one I didn't mind though because if we ever have another baby I want her to be my doula and so I want to stay on her good side. Haha!

Sarah - Next pregnancy we're doing a tour of the birthing floor of the hospital Sydney was born at (because I was too loopy to remember any part of it besides the NICU and the perinatal floor) and we're touring our local hospital's birthing floor and NICU. At, like, 12 weeks.

-sarah-
mom to three, 4 and under.
#95 of 100 Old 05-08-2007, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You have a photo of a favorite nurse holding your baby the day you go home while holding another nicu baby and yourself and the other nicu mom in the picture!!!

This happened when the two crib mates left the same day!

Sheal
#96 of 100 Old 05-09-2007, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1972 View Post
I have two to add:

When you're the last one due in your lamaze class and the first one to deliver (yes, this happened to me).

While all other mamas cling to their babies staying small, we wait in frustration for ours to grow!
Or you get pregnant after all of the others (like weeks, months after) and deliver first
#97 of 100 Old 05-11-2007, 11:02 AM

You have an emergency c section at 6pm on Wed and go home by 4pm on Friday because your dc is at another hospital and you want to see her.
Or you just leave the hospital after the birth once you're "stable" to follow your child.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#98 of 100 Old 05-11-2007, 12:29 PM

.....when extended members of your family save every picture/article from any paper about preemies. And show you while asking, "hey, remember when he was this small?".
Yes. I do. Everyday. I dont need an article to remind me thankyouverymuch.
#99 of 100 Old 05-11-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
You have an emergency c section at 6pm on Wed and go home by 4pm on Friday because your dc is at another hospital and you want to see her.
Or you just leave the hospital after the birth once you're "stable" to follow your child.

I can so relate to this. Mine weren't in another hospital--luckily they put me in the room just across the NICU. But I also had an emergency c-section and I was in the NICU all the time and I gave myself no time to recover. In fact, I kept forgetting that I had just major surgery. I was more concerned about being with my babies than anything. I do think it helped me heal faster, in some odd way.
#100 of 100 Old 05-11-2007, 03:25 PM

Being a a different hospital was terrible, I escaped about 36 hours later too. I tried to rest up and was inundated with hospital staff, our family all went to see the babe.

My determination to be with and hold my dd far outweighed my desire to recover, of course stairs and bumps and potholes and well, pretty much sucked. I think I healed pretty fast too because I had no time, no other choice. I was lucky that my mil made us lots of yummy food and I continued with my nutrtional supplements and teas too.

so happy to be alive. . .with one lovely husband , one boy , one girl , and three fish : . : :. peace one day.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page