My Preemie! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-28-2007, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello All. I'm new here and just wanted to say hello. I gave birth through emergency c-section to a 26 weeker in February. We just got him home from the NICU last month and still facing quite a lot in the near future. I look forward to talking with everyone and hopefully learning more to help me out because I don't think anyone can be prepared for this road. He is my little miracle baby though..no doubt. Thank you for your time.
#2 of 7 Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 PM

Welcome! I have a 29wkr who's 2.5yrs old and spent 63 days in the NICU. I also have a 25wkr who's 18mos old and was in the NICU for 225 days and has many medical complications and problems.
#3 of 7 Old 08-29-2007, 12:51 AM

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on his homecoming! Isn't it amazing how much these little kiddos have been through? I'm sure you'll find lots of support here. There are several micro moms who post frequently.

My dd was born 32wks at 2.11oz.
#4 of 7 Old 08-29-2007, 05:36 AM

Congrats on your son and YAY! for finally taking him home.

My DD was also born at 26 weeks and only just came home on Friday after 148 days.
#5 of 7 Old 09-02-2007, 03:07 PM

Hey there, I have a little boy as well, who was born at 26 weeks last September. If you ever need anyone to chat with, feel free to buzz me. Congrats on your little miricle!
#6 of 7 Old 09-02-2007, 08:19 PM

I had b/g twins born at 29w5d. They spent 78 days in the NICU because they refused to eat from anything other then the feeding tube.

Today at 4 years old they have a few very minor issues related to their prematurity, but are very normal 4 year olds.

Molly
#7 of 7 Old 09-04-2007, 03:17 AM

Hi! I have two little girls and both were preemies. The oldest was born at 28 weeks and spent 2.5 months in the NICU and the youngest was born at 27 weeks and spent 3 months in the NICU. Congrats on getting your little guy home!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page