Welcome Mamas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 07-23-2006, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I guess our thread got started! Join me April 2007 mamas!

I just got my BFP yesterday, and that makes my EDB around April 4th. I am excited to be here, as I have been waiting a long time to be pregnant again.
#2 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 01:11 AM

: I pm'd a mod. and asked her how to start this forum. She said she would get a hold of the person who does it. Wow that was fast!

My edd is 04/02/07. We are very excited! We had 2 m/c before this one so we are hoping this one sticks!

Everybody welcome! Hope to get to know you all in the next nine months! How is everybody feeling?
#3 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I POAS this morning and it is much darker (though still took a good 3 minutes to show the faintest streak -- I was hoping for a blazing line of pink glory, but alas...) but it is definately there and pink. I am pleased that is has clearly doubled in intensity and that this baby is here and things are going along. I still worry about miscarriage, but can't do anything about that, huh?

I am going to get the blood test this morning. I want to have that cold, hard data in before I tell the kids. I just don't think I could wait until the risk of mc is gone. They have had to deal with death before, so if I have a miscarriage I think they will be ok.

I know a few things: I will plan a homebirth with dp catching, I will have my friend and partner midwife attend the birth. I know I gave away almost all my baby stuff, but kept some precious things like extra cute outfits, my cloth diapers that we on my other kids' butts, and some sentimental blankets.

Well, that is it for now!
#4 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 09:54 AM

Thanks!

I am due in very late march, so I plan to hang out here since the kid will probably arrive in April

I too plan a homebirth with DH catching. For the most part he is fine with this, but he is a bit nervous. I m/c in April, so DH and I are both wishing and hoping for a . We will co-sleep and CD, and I can't wait to buy those newborn dipes!

Anyone know of tips to keep the kid sticking?
#5 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Congrats to all the recent pg mamas

I am hopefully comming to join you all

I POAS last Friday on dpo 9 and i got the a extremly faint line...so fait it almost looked like an evap line ( had may of those a few mths ago) well today i took another test and a PINK line came up with in 3 min ...no squinting required to see lol. So hoping that this baby will stick and be healthy. I had a m/c in Feb. So i guess we will see what happens.

I am wanting a water birth at home with the midwife i had with my last child, but i dont think it is going to happen now!!!! LOL Right Carloynn!!!! ( HUGS and Contrats!!!!)
#6 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

I PM'd you Blueyebutterfly! XOXO
#7 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

And welcome ArisMomkoofie!
#8 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 10:22 PM

Thanks! I am SO glad to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynnMarilynn
I still worry about miscarriage, but can't do anything about that, huh?
Me too. I'm not sure when to tell. It was hard to m/c for me, because no one but DH knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynnMarilynn
I am going to get the blood test this morning.
I just called and the first appointment I can make is next Thursday Aug 3. There was one this Thursday, but I'm not ready to explain why I should miss the meeting I have scheduled.:

Oh, and they won't do a blood test before I came in
#9 of 35 Old 07-25-2006, 03:06 PM

I think I'll be having an April baby too! It still feels very unreal, though. I have a 4yo and a 18 month old, and we planned on ttc at the end of this year. I obviously ovulated very late this month -- we've been pretty careful.

My period was supposed to start last Saturday. I think I ovulated July 13 or 14 (based on the only times we dtd!). I took a First Response Early test yesterday morning. To any sane person it would look like a negative. If you held it just so, though, you could see the beginnings of a second line. Then I took another test in the late afternoon. Definitely a second line on that one, though still faint. This morning I took yet another FRE test, and the line is a bit fainter than the one I took yesterday afternoon. That's freaking me out.

I called my midwife and told her to prepare a lab slip for me to get my levels tested a couple times this week. If I can ever get these kids to take a nap, we'll go when they wake up. Wish me luck!
#10 of 35 Old 07-25-2006, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck Truvie! I hope you get the response you want.
#11 of 35 Old 07-25-2006, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Well, my hcg came back from yesterday at 47. So I guess I can't be doubtful anymore! yay!

Just because I am OC, I will test again tomorrow, and if the result has doubled, I will leave it for awhile.
#12 of 35 Old 07-26-2006, 12:22 PM

Yeah! Good for you

I wish that stupid Dr. office would send in the lab paperwork for a bloodtest. The Dr. is great - he was helpful during the m/c in that he actually talked to me. I would love a mw, but insurance doesn't cover it and I don't have the $. Plus we are planning a UC so I don't have to give birth in the medical center. Plus I want a home birth, and would really like to do it with just DH and DD present.
#13 of 35 Old 07-26-2006, 02:41 PM

Can I join the party? I had 2 iffy tests yesterday, one pretty-sure-that's-a-positive this morning, and a yep-can't-deny-that test this afternoon. FF says my due date is 4/7/07.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#14 of 35 Old 07-26-2006, 03:33 PM

Just lurking about from the November DDC, but wanted to drop in and say CONGRATULATIONS to all the new expecting mommas. It will go by fast... Trust Me. It seems like only yesterday I was in the latest DDC and now there are five more added since I've joined. I'm so happy for all of you....
#15 of 35 Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome and congrats! OUr little group is rounding out nicely (pun intended!)

Carolynn
#16 of 35 Old 07-26-2006, 11:29 PM

Hi!!!

I tested twice yesterday and got faint positives, but there was definitely a line. I was suspicious Saturday when I started feeling kind of sick. We weren't trying to get pregnant, but not 'not' trying either. We just got married two weeks ago, which was probably the date of conception. That's a big wedding present. I have 2 daughters from a previous marriage and this will be my husband's first.

I'm still in shock!!!!! (Although, it's a happy shock)

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#17 of 35 Old 07-27-2006, 09:06 AM

: i cannot BELIEVE i'm here...af was due tomorrow but i just had a funny feeling about things and tested today, twice and both were BFP we are so surprised, having been so careful, and will soon be so excited!!
#18 of 35 Old 07-27-2006, 09:28 AM

and congratulations everyone! It is nice to see a few more members of the April DDC.

Go ahead and post on the roll call when you are ready - I am trying to update it daily.

I am so elated about this pregnancy too!

I was lurking in the March DDC and they are excited to see our April DDC since it means they are farther along in their pg.:
#19 of 35 Old 07-27-2006, 09:47 AM

I'm here too, just tested positive yesterday
We're pretty excited!

I'm so hoping it sticks, and that I don't show too early....I'm not quite ready to share the news with my employer.
#20 of 35 Old 07-27-2006, 03:09 PM

Hi ladies.

I haven't got a positive yet. AF is due on Sat. or Sun.

I have a TMI question for you.

If you check your CP is it high and soft, now that you know you are pregnant?

Everything I've read says that the cervix will drop and firm up again after O, but mine is WAY high. It was totally different last month.

I'm also getting lots of twinges and dull crampies (I know that sounds cutesy, but they really can't be described as "cramps" just lil' crampies).

I REALLY want to join the April DDC and my EDD would be Easter Sunday, April 8th.

Anxiously awaiting your responses........
#21 of 35 Old 07-27-2006, 04:26 PM

Checked mine today and it's pretty high, but more firm than soft. I really think it varies from woman to woman. Best to you ... hopefully you'll get your bfp quick!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#22 of 35 Old 07-27-2006, 09:18 PM

Mine has been fluctuating - lower in the am and higher in the pm, but not super high, as I can reach it. There are times when I just can't feel a thing! The worst thing about the tww is that it is usually too early for pg symptoms, or the symptoms are similar to AF. For me, the biggest clue was that I started obsessing about being pg, and I hadn't for the previous two cycles. I usually don't put much stock in my own intuition, but I "knew" I was pg, and now I "know" it is a boy. When I was pg before I miscarried, I "knew" it was a girl, but the m/c was too early to tell. I didn't have these same feelings with DD. Weird. I'm guessing it is because this time I got pregnant with the right person.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more. I had never really felt my cervix before I got pg, so I don't know what mine normally feels like.

I have a question: If the cervix is closed with a mucus plug, how does it still produce more mucus? I have had creamy or sticky cm almost everyday since I ovulated. I very rarely had dry days ever, but I was surprised that I was still producing cm. I never noticed stuff like this when I was pg with DD!
#23 of 35 Old 07-28-2006, 01:59 AM

hi! looks like i'll be joining you guys too--due on april 3, according to whatever internet calculator thingy i just used. my daughter is 20 months old, and we're so excited! we had an accidental pregnancy and miscarriage about 3 months ago, but this one already feels so different. grapejuicemama, those twinges and crampies are my most dependable sign (well, that and the constant peeing). crossing fingers for you!

yay yay yay...

*j
#24 of 35 Old 07-28-2006, 09:16 AM

Good morning and w: !

I also had a m/c 3 months ago. I am anxious, but telling myself everything will be fine because I don't want to add to my stress. I have noticed a number of people on this and the march ddc who had m/c about 3 months ago. I wonder if that is the optimal time after a m/c to get pg? Sorry, just the musings of someone with time on their hands.

Congratulations again!

Edited to add: Please, everyone who has come to join our ddc, please post on the roll call sticky! It is a great way to see who our fellow April ddc members are
#25 of 35 Old 07-28-2006, 04:08 PM

Hey all!

So....Unimaginably....Tired........today. I have been passing out at 10pm and getting up at 5:30-6:15. Seriously cannot sleep later than that. So this a.m. I got up and walked. I have played with the kids a very tiny bit, cleaned the kitchen, helped clean ds room, made a couple phone calls and taken care of the infant I nanny for. And I feel like I need to go to bed RIGHT NOW.

My oldest and my best friends oldest are at girl scouts right now, the younguns are all here, watching A bugs life while I eat edamame and suck down my 5th glass of water for the day.

So Hot.

TX summers suck.

Other than that, life is lovely! Best friend brought me a congrats gift, a little cutesy outfit from Old Navy. Yay!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#26 of 35 Old 07-28-2006, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mine is high and soft in texture, but it is very closed. Hope that helps.

Carolynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapejuicemama
Hi ladies.

I haven't got a positive yet. AF is due on Sat. or Sun.

I have a TMI question for you.

If you check your CP is it high and soft, now that you know you are pregnant?

Everything I've read says that the cervix will drop and firm up again after O, but mine is WAY high. It was totally different last month.

I'm also getting lots of twinges and dull crampies (I know that sounds cutesy, but they really can't be described as "cramps" just lil' crampies).

I REALLY want to join the April DDC and my EDD would be Easter Sunday, April 8th.

Anxiously awaiting your responses........
#27 of 35 Old 07-29-2006, 01:32 AM

Hi Mamas, I've been watching this thread for the past few days. I had a very faint positive but not dark enough to say bfp.....until today. I got a BFP !!! :

My "duedate" is April 6. I'll post in the roll call too arismomkoofee.

I don't ever again want to see a thermometer in my mouth first thing in the morning before I am fully awake, nor a pee cup and ovulation/pregnancy pee stick while taking my temp, or to feel my cervix and guess where it's at and how it feels, nor to scrutinize my fertilityfriend chart and wonder when and if.......AHHHHHHH!!!!!! (huge sigh of relief!!!)

I also lost a baby in May, at 10 weeks. I will never forget, that baby will be in my heart always. I'm going to try to fully enjoy my pregnancy and not be worried (what good would it do anyway).
#28 of 35 Old 07-29-2006, 04:39 AM

Hi everyone. We're so thrilled to be posting here having just gotten our first ever BFP today after 8 tries. Still so very much in shock. Wow. :

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#29 of 35 Old 07-29-2006, 09:49 AM

Congradulations to all the new mamas! Here is some sticky dust Let's pray for sticky babies! Anyone who has lost a pregnancy, there is a great thread called Pregnancy after a Loss. There is great support there for all the what ifs! Hope all is well!
#30 of 35 Old 07-29-2006, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to everyone and congratulations to the new posters!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page