April 2007 Roll Call!!! please add yourself :o) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 266 Old 08-24-2006, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check out dona.org or cappa.net to try to find a doula. If you can't find a doula, see if you can find a lay midwife in the area that is willing to act as a doula for you in a hospital birth. Even though the status of lay midwifery in Indiana is what it is, lots of mamas still birth at home with midwives.

Welcome to the April DDC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBear
Hi! I had my first baby 3.26.05, a boy, Michael. I had PIH and was on bedrest. My labor was 24 hours with pictocin, epidural, episiotomy, and vaccuum extraction. I hated every bit of it. While I was open to drugs and just wanted to see how everyhting went, this was not the labor that I wanted. I had horrible back pain from the epidural. I couldn't hold my baby with out support. I was so swollen I could barely walk from them pumping fluids into me for so long even though I was already retaining water! And then I can't forget that the hospital switched my baby and he was giving to another mother for breastfeeding. Luckily she noticed before anything happened. They failed to tell me this. She recognized me a few months later in a restaurant and came over.

So for my next baby we are going natural. Unfortunately there are no midwives in this area and midwifery is illegal in Indiana so I'm having an OB. Its a different one that last time. I've only met him twice so he will be grilled with questions. If necessary I will switch.

So I'm due at the end of April. I'm still breastfeeding DS. Not sure what is going to happen with that. Just winging it right now! Dr is fine with me breastfeeding though!

Hope you all can help me have the natural labor that I want!
#122 of 266 Old 08-24-2006, 03:25 PM

It's really common, especially with your first to be in a "But I don't feel pregnant" stage at this point in your pregnancy. I bet that you are feeling some things but aren't attributing them to pregnancy (I did that with my first pregnancy).

At seven weeks you should be able to see the heartbeat via a transvaginal ultrasound. If they have the technology, they should be able to focus on the beating heart and amplify the sound into the room for you to hear, too.

Welcome to the April DDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbielbc
Hi all,

First time on this website. Want to add myself to the April, 07 due date club.
Hope this is the way to do it!?

I'm 44 and pregnant for the first time. I'm a little worried because I don't really feel much yet. A little bit of pulling in my abdomen, but not much else. No morning sickness, not very tired.

We are due April 15. We had a blood test a few weeks ago and it doubled as it should of but I'm still a little concerned. Next Tuesday will be 7 weeks and 2 days and we're having an ultrasound. What should we be seeing on it? A sac, a heartbeat?

I'm really glad you're all here. I'll be in touch.

Debbie
#123 of 266 Old 08-24-2006, 03:48 PM

Hey, Lauren! Glad to see you in this forum with me now!
#124 of 266 Old 08-24-2006, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

I've updated to here - please check the first post and PM me if your information is incorrect! I try to update the list every evening.

#125 of 266 Old 08-24-2006, 07:57 PM

my name is Jamie, I'm 25, and am due april 14, 2007.
#126 of 266 Old 08-24-2006, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinsMama
Hey, Lauren! Glad to see you in this forum with me now!
Hi back atya Megan! I, too, am glad to see you here!!!!
#127 of 266 Old 08-25-2006, 11:34 AM

hey, ladies,

my name is liv i am 26 and expecting #2 around the end of april

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#128 of 266 Old 08-25-2006, 12:17 PM

I dont think I ever got added. I am due April 13th.

Edited because i put the date i think I'll actually have the baby instead of my actual due date
#129 of 266 Old 08-25-2006, 12:27 PM

I'm due April 21st~

~Jill
#130 of 266 Old 08-26-2006, 12:01 PM

Thought I was due in May, but checked and am due April 28th...mine if I join y'all! My name is Kim and this is baby #5 for me
#131 of 266 Old 08-26-2006, 01:10 PM

My name is Julia and I am 27 and my DH is 28. This is our first baby so we are very excited! I am due April 22. My first appointment with the midwife is Augut 29th. We are using a birth center but everyone I know IRL (except one person) has used a hospital and an OB so I some people don't understand why I would want to do it this way but DH and I are very happy and comfortable with our decision. I would like to CD but DH isn't comfortable with that at this point but maybe over time he will come around. He was very anti birth center and midwife when we first got married but I have convinced him over the year's it is a better choice and now he wholeheartedly agrees with me. I'm also planning on BFing and making my own baby food. I already have a cousin who I just found out does that so I am excited that I will have someone IRL that I can ask questions to about it.

Wanted to add that our 5th anniversary of being married is April 20 so we may end up having our baby on our anniversary!
#132 of 266 Old 08-26-2006, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats to all our new members! I think I added all of you

#133 of 266 Old 08-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Banned

Hi there, I'm Lesley and I am expecting my second baby around April 28th 2007!
#134 of 266 Old 08-26-2006, 10:16 PM

I'm expecting my fourth baby in April, or very early May, depending on which calculator I use.

We are planning our third homebirth. My first was a hospital birth, and my second and third babies were born at home. I'm excited to hang out with my midwife again! She is awesome!
#135 of 266 Old 08-28-2006, 12:24 PM

I'm new here, too!

I was holding off on joining any boards until I'd told my mother, but I'm sick of having nausea and sore boobs and I need camaraderie. I'll see mom this coming weekend and will tell her then.

I'm 30 and have been married to the lovely man I call "boy" since October 1999. We live in central Virginia and have a rambunctious standard poodle who is normally named Jericho, but today has earned his nickname Ralfie Yakitori (ugh). This is our first and we're excited and terrified in all the good ways. We planned the pregnancy, but never expected to get knocked up during the first cycle! Wowsa!

Anyhow, I have my first prenatal appointment today. I was unable to get in with the really cool midwife in our town (I called early last week and she was already booked for April), so I've got an OB that I've heard nothing but good things about.

I'm due April 23ish, or so the doctors think. I have a 20-day cycle, but first babies are often later than late in my family. I'm torn between being completely honest with my OB and just not mentioning my cycle length, since I really want to avoid artificial induction if possible.

I was vegetarian (lacto-ovo since 1992!) until the morning sickness hit. Now I can handle nothing but really spicy chicken dishes. o_O I've always been pragmatic and I figure that if my body desperately wants chicken and scotch bonnets, I'll give it chicken and scotch bonnets.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#136 of 266 Old 08-28-2006, 04:29 PM

Hello, my name is Michelle and I am expecting first baby in early April. Beginning this fall I will be living in an intentional community setting with dh, and starting a Holistic Natural Nutrition program. I am very excited and glad that I will be living with my friends as we try to create a sustainable home. I feel very lucky to have such a great online group of mothers and mothers-to-be to share ideas with!
#137 of 266 Old 08-28-2006, 06:30 PM

Hello mama's! I am due mid April. I have a 16 month old ds who is still nursing (ouch!). We had a lovely homebirth last time with minimal intervention (midwife broke my water) and a great postpartum period and I'm hoping for the same this time. It only took us one cycle to conceive, but I've had three m/c's, so we're hoping this one sticks. So far, so good! I hope everyone has joyous and healthy pregnancies!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#138 of 266 Old 08-29-2006, 04:34 PM

Kelsi, take me off the list again. I know I won't be back this time. Went in for a 2nd u/s and this time there's no hb.

Good luck Mamas. May you all grow beautiful round blissful healthy bellies.
#139 of 266 Old 08-29-2006, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so sorry :

I wish you all the luck in the future
#140 of 266 Old 08-30-2006, 11:55 AM

Hi! I'm Jenn, mom to a 26 month old ds and due April 1st. I was originally told March 31st for a due date so I'll be going back and forth between these two ddcs. I have a feeling I'll deliver in March, but who know, right??

Anyway, we are delivering at a local hospital, attended by an ob and assisted by a doula. Going for a natural childbirth with few interventions!
#141 of 266 Old 08-31-2006, 09:04 PM

Hello all!

Congrats to everyone. My EDD is 4/30 and we're planning a homebirth. We live in NE PA and have a daughter soon to be 3. We're so excited about the homebirth. Marlie was born in the hospital with a midwife and doula and it was a very natural birth, but we're imagining this one to be even more intimate.
No morning sickness yet (knocking on wood) but it started around 7 weeks with Marlie, and I hit that point next week so we'll see!

Cheers!
Jessi
#142 of 266 Old 08-31-2006, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaJ
Hello all!

Congrats to everyone. My EDD is 4/30 and we're planning a homebirth. We live in NE PA and have a daughter soon to be 3. We're so excited about the homebirth. Marlie was born in the hospital with a midwife and doula and it was a very natural birth, but we're imagining this one to be even more intimate.
No morning sickness yet (knocking on wood) but it started around 7 weeks with Marlie, and I hit that point next week so we'll see!

Cheers!
Jessi
Hey there! I'm in PA, too (sort of in the middle )

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#143 of 266 Old 09-01-2006, 01:42 PM

I am finally not feeling nauseous today for a little bit, and had PIZZA last night, so exciting.

I haven't been able to eat any milk products for the past week.
Anyhow, I am due on April 10th, which is my sister in law's bday.
It's so lovely to meet you all and see so many women band together on this website. I am so impressed at the support and willingness to share and listen.
MDC does rock.
Best wishes to everyone on the site, I look forward to being in touch often over the next 7 months and beyond!

Mama to DS 4.22.07 (ana to peanuts) and DD 10.7.09
#144 of 266 Old 09-01-2006, 07:09 PM

I had NO idea there would be soo many of you! =)
edd. April 7, 2007 =)

HI everyone,

I'm new to mdc... and thought this would be a good place to find other mommas... hubby and i have been married for 14 years this month. I'm 34, he'll be 36 this month. We are a vegan homeschooling family (ds age 10, dd is 8) THis is my first vegan pregnancy, although I was vegetarian for the others.
We haven't told the kids (or anyone ) that we are prego. I'm due around April 7. I know my daughter is going to be thrilled... she's been asking for a little sister (or brother, if it has to be!) ... My son will grow to love the idea, and the little one, I'm sure.

It's funny because someone in my apartment building is due the week before me, so we've been looking up things online about fetal development.... It has been fun to share that with the kiddies... can't wait till they know who we are actually talking about!

wowsers...

we are looking into a home birth, or possibly midwife at a birth center. Hubby is not comfortable with unassisted, so we need to find a good midwife. I think that is my biggest stress right now. We hadn't really planned this.. we've wanted a baby for awhile, but I didn't actually think Icould get preg.

I dreamt about my first two many years before I ever got pregnant. Hubby did too.
then Last May, I dreamed I was pregnant... And again in June adn July, I had baby dreams...

and here we are!

=)
#145 of 266 Old 09-03-2006, 12:57 AM

Hi! I'm Lindsey.
I'm married to Gregg, I have two daughters, Grace (3) and Isabelle (1) and we're due around April 18th if I figured it right w/ the counting from conception. We weren't trying right now so I think we're still on the side of semi-shock in that we're not thinking about it a ton. I have been soooo nauseated the past two weeks though it's impossible to forget. DH seems to have forgotten how crappy it makes me feel though despite me telling him and thinks I should just forge on ahead full pace. :-p

Anyhow, I'm looking for a midwife since my previous midwife who delivered Isabelle has moved on to somewhere else. I am hoping to deliver at Family Beginnings which is a birthing center attached to a local hospital. I had a good delivery there with Issy and hoping a repeat experience. Planning to do a water delivery again since it helped so much!
#146 of 266 Old 09-04-2006, 10:06 AM

I'm excited there are so many other mamas. We are expecting baby number 3 due April 29. However, my oldest two were premature born at 32 and 33-34 weeks. We're hoping to go see the OB sometime this week. I'm hoping to have a drug free birth and be able to labor more freely like with pregnancy #2. Being able to move around made such a huge difference. So far I'm dealing with nausea and food adversion but nothing to exciting yet.

Pam
#147 of 266 Old 09-04-2006, 01:52 PM

Holy cow there's a lot of us this time!
#148 of 266 Old 09-05-2006, 08:01 PM

Just adding myself to the list. Hi I am Goldie. I am pg with baby #4. I am due end of April/May. Looking forward to getting to know all of you during our pregnancies.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#149 of 266 Old 09-06-2006, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBear
Hi! I had my first baby 3.26.05, a boy, Michael. I had PIH and was on bedrest. My labor was 24 hours with pictocin, epidural, episiotomy, and vaccuum extraction. I hated every bit of it. While I was open to drugs and just wanted to see how everyhting went, this was not the labor that I wanted. I had horrible back pain from the epidural. I couldn't hold my baby with out support. I was so swollen I could barely walk from them pumping fluids into me for so long even though I was already retaining water! And then I can't forget that the hospital switched my baby and he was giving to another mother for breastfeeding. Luckily she noticed before anything happened. They failed to tell me this. She recognized me a few months later in a restaurant and came over.

So for my next baby we are going natural. Unfortunately there are no midwives in this area and midwifery is illegal in Indiana so I'm having an OB. Its a different one that last time. I've only met him twice so he will be grilled with questions. If necessary I will switch.

So I'm due at the end of April. I'm still breastfeeding DS. Not sure what is going to happen with that. Just winging it right now! Dr is fine with me breastfeeding though!

Hope you all can help me have the natural labor that I want!
Sasha, I am in Indiana too! I will be having a homebirth with one of the many wonderful midwives I know. I am in Indianapolis, but I know midwives all over the state if you're interested. Even if you're not feel free to pm me to chat. It's fun to have someone so close irl that you met on mdc!

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#150 of 266 Old 09-06-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinzluvsGJ
Hi! I'm Lindsey.
I am hoping to deliver at Family Beginnings which is a birthing center attached to a local hospital. I had a good delivery there with Issy and hoping a repeat experience.
Lindsey, you don't happen to be in Seattle do you? That's the name of the birthing center attached to a hospital here in Seattle and where we hope to deliver.!

Welcome newbie mamas!

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page