April 2007 Roll Call!!! please add yourself :o) - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 266 Old 10-17-2006, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I have been reading this message board every now and then and I figured I should probably stop lurking and actually post something. ) I am 23 and am have a 20 month old son. My husband and I are expecting baby number 2 in April. We are due April 6th, but my son was about a week late, so I expect this little one on time at best.

Mama to two sweet boys and a baby girl.  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 266 Old 10-17-2006, 12:42 PM

I guess I should add now since I've been talking for a few weeks now!

I'm expecting late April/early May. I have two boys from a previous marriage - 10 and 7. They are awesome! I am also loving the huge gap in age - not having a toddler to chase while pregnant (and puking) and not having had a baby in the house for so long - it really feels like the first time all over again! This is my DP's first child - we are thrilled and we are madly in love and having sooooo much fun.

I'm planning a uc (i didn't tell the midwife this part). I tried a birthing center with DS1 but was transferred to the hospital for a vaginal delivery. Home birth with DS2 - he was planned uc - but after another very long labor - I called the midwife to come help near the end. She knew we were planning uc and was cool - but we are in a different state now, so can't use her again.

I have a full-time job that I don't love and recently became a yoga instructor. I'm hoping to implement many life changes this coming year....

I'm so glad to be here!
#183 of 266 Old 10-17-2006, 01:18 PM

Sorry JulAmber. Take care of yourself.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#184 of 266 Old 10-18-2006, 04:26 PM

Well let me add myself to this. I am due april 9, 2007. It will be my second and last b/c I never want to go thru this again. i can't wait to have my baby but pregnancy does not agree with me. i am so envious of those women who don't have all day sickness. But i wanted to get pregnant so here I am. I actually think this is worse this time b/c I know what to expect somewhat. With my dd everything was new. Once the sickness started I was just really bummed. I smell everything even moreso with this pregnancy and I will want to cry at nothing too. I never did this with dd. I have thrown up so much and so hard, I have pulled muscles in my abs.

Then I keep thinking of labour. OMG I had 30 hours of back labour with her. I am going to a birthing center this time and I hope it will be less stressful than with dd. I had a midwife but was in the hospital. Andd Dh was not helpful at all neither was the midwife in helping me relax. I am hoping at the birthing center they will be more supportive, I know dh will be he is excited about this pregnancy. I can tell just in the way way looks at my belly. With dd he was freaking out.

I just can't wait for it to be over and to have my baby here.
#185 of 266 Old 10-18-2006, 09:04 PM

I'n the O so controversial common sense on the fence mother due with no. 5 in April. Not sure when, as I think the lady who did my US was not too bright and was confused by the deformed uteri. I have my next appointment Friday, Oct. 20 and I plan to discuss another dating ultrasound or moving my due date based on my LMP because I feel movement. I think I am 15 weeks based on passed pregnancies.

I am planning a repeat cesarean section due to a uterine anomaly. This will be my fourth.

My name is Kim. My DH is Jeff. My kids are Elizabeth -9, Dylan-6, Jack-4, and Katie is 16 months.
#186 of 266 Old 10-18-2006, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

everybody!

Kim, I put you as due in middle April - if anything changes or you feel it shoudl be earlier or later, just PM me or post here1

#187 of 266 Old 10-19-2006, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
everybody!

Kim, I put you as due in middle April - if anything changes or you feel it shoudl be earlier or later, just PM me or post here1

Not a problem!
#188 of 266 Old 10-19-2006, 09:57 PM

Hi ladies,

I've made it through the first trimester and am ready to add myself to the mix. I'm Micheline (36) and I live with dh (34) and dd (28 mos) in beautiful British Columbia Canada. I had 3 mc before dd and another this spring, so have been 'holding my breath' until now with this pregnancy. We had an ultrasound on Friday and the baby looks great. OB said he saw 'boy bits', but we'll wait to confirm at the 18w us

My EDD is April 28th and I'm hoping for a more peaceful birth this time (dd was emerg cs after we found out she was breech at 41 weeks). Anyone done VBAC or home birth after cs???

I look forward to sharing the journey with you all!
Micheline
#189 of 266 Old 10-20-2006, 11:41 AM

Welcome! I have had 2 VBAC's so far and I am planning my third in April It can be done.
#190 of 266 Old 10-20-2006, 12:33 PM

Hey mamas!

I'm Carolina, due the first week of April with my second and total surprise baby. DH and I are totally, absolutely happy to be pregnant. We had finally decided we were mentally ready to TTC after a crazy, rock-n-rolling 4 yrs of being the parents of an uber-spirited little dude but were planning to wait a little while so we could get settled into our new house. Let's just say God had other plans.

I had horrible nausea and fatigue for about 10 weeks. Couldn't eat hardly anything and most days would wake up, feed DS some breakfast, turn the tv on for him, and promptly fall back asleep until lunchtime. Fortunately, I am feeling healthy and normal and great again.

I live out in the boonies in an old house on a farm and will be having a homebirth. DS's birth, unmedicated in the hospital with a wonderful midwife, was peaceful and powerful, and I am looking forward to an even better experience this time around. Although I have a big baby belly and have been feeling baby movements for a while, this pregnancy does not seem quite "real" yet, maybe because I am so busy running around with my DS and trying to get the house fully unpacked and in some semblance of order. We'll see how it goes.

Glad to be here!
#191 of 266 Old 10-23-2006, 07:03 PM

My name is Meghan and I am from the Chicago Area. I am due on April 23rd (2nd trimester started yesterday!).

I was shocked to discover I was 2 months along when I found out (now the times seems to be standing still!). I am feeling great, I had a few bad mornings, and cannot stay up past 9:00, but other then that...

I am hoping I can learn from everyone...
#192 of 266 Old 10-24-2006, 09:48 PM

Hi ladies,

I was in the May due date club but after an ultrasound today my new date is April 24... This is my third pg and has been really different from my other two. I was actually quite convinced that was having twins as I've had all sorts of symptoms that I didn't have for the other two (bad morning sickness after never having it before, and a big measurement) but there's just one little kicking babe in there!

I look forward to getting to know you all over the next few months!
#193 of 266 Old 10-25-2006, 03:47 PM

Hi Gals,

I'm due with my second child on April 10 (or so) and my ds will be just over three by then. I'm am still so glad to have MDC, it has been such a great help since I had my first.

This pg has been harder than the first, but I'm 37 and try to keep up with my toddler all day. Right now I'm in a bit of a depression, very weepy, and very anti-social, but STARVING all the time, it's weird. I'll be glad to move on to a new phase soon.

I'm planning another home water birth with the same midwife and she's wonderful, so I'm confident all will be well. We're waiting until birth to see what we get - no ultrasound this time. All signs tell me girl, but I thought I'd have two boys, who knows.

I'm in La Center, WA, just outside Portland, OR.
#194 of 266 Old 10-25-2006, 04:49 PM

Hi ladies

I'm due April 15 with my second sprout. My first DS will be four when this one arrives. We are planning a hospital birth with midwives -- a very popular option here in Portland, Oregon.

My sickness was way more extreme this time, and my symptoms are just generally completely different. Makes me wonder if I'm carrying a girl. We'll see in a few weeks!
#195 of 266 Old 10-26-2006, 04:04 PM

Hi mama's. My name is Julie. I have a daughter born 04/08/05 (so is 18 months now). My DH and I weren't planning this second one, but hey! We knew we wanted more at some point anyway, so what does it matter really. Our new little button is due 04/25/07, so just over 2 years between them.
Looking forward to get to know you all a little better.
#196 of 266 Old 10-26-2006, 10:44 PM

Hi... My name is Carol I live in Ny with my Husband and our 4 year old son (problem free) we are expecting our 2nd child April 24...I had a prior M/C at 12 weeks and it required a d&c, I learn I have low progesterone and I was taking insets with this pregnancy and so far everything is going well...
#197 of 266 Old 10-29-2006, 07:51 PM

Hello. My name is Sara and I expecting my second child in April -- my due date is April 1st. Emma, my first, is 8. My husband, Em and I are all very excited. We are planning our first homebirth.

I am feeling very healthy, but working full time as a high school special ed teacher completely wears me out. So, next year, we are hoping I can start staying home.

We are looking into homeschooling as well. This is very exciting to all of us too.

I am looking forward to sharing this time with other natural mamas.

:
#198 of 266 Old 10-30-2006, 03:51 PM

I'm Shanna and this is my FOURTH!!! We were bfing exclusively and charting but this baby really wanted to join us. Hoping to go unassisted VBA2C on April 28th!!
#199 of 266 Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 PM

hi ladies my name is Katie and DH & I are expecting our first baby april 8th - we're so excited! right now we live in Chicago, but we're looking to buy our first home out in the NW burbs before Christmas. I'm so happy to be a part of this community of wonderful ap mamas (& mamas to be!)!
#200 of 266 Old 10-30-2006, 10:22 PM

Hi! My name is Kathleen. I've been hanging out in the June '05 thread pretty exclusively since just after my DS was born. Haven't had a chance to read through this thread -- I had a hard enough time finding it!

We are having a planned c-section for 2nd baby, due April 28th. I know it's not a popular choice and we did consider a VBAC, but after a lot of thinking have decided to have a c-section again. But that doesn't mean we are completely non-crunchy! We didn't circ DS, exclusively breastfed and let him self-wean.

I forgot to add yesterday that I am 41. Had DS when I was 39. Got pg this summer on vacation, kind of by accident, but when you aren't using anything to prevent it that's what happens! I have been staying at home with DS (didn't consider returning to work before his open heart surgery last April), but went back to work at a local community college this semester. I'm only working 4 hours/week but feel like an adult again! Anyway, the decision to c-section again has a lot to do with my age and that we aren't doing amnio to know ahead of time about any probs with baby 2.
#201 of 266 Old 11-04-2006, 12:49 AM

Hello, my name is Roslyn. I'm a 42 yo semi-crunchy SAHM. I'm pregnant with my second child due in April 2007. I have a 2 year old born in May 2004. Will have another scheduled c-section due to a myomectomy I had in the fall of 2002.

Roslyn (46) Whitney (45) Luke (5/04) (boy due 5/11) 
#202 of 266 Old 11-09-2006, 11:53 AM

Good Morning,

My name is Ursula, I wanted to introduce myself before it got too late. I’ve been lurking MDC since I was about 10 or 11 wks, my cousin let me know about MDC. My DH and I are both 30 and expecting our first baby in April, the EDD is the 20th. I would say we are partially crunchy, me more so than my husband. We are both very excited, overjoyed and overwhelmed too .

We’ve found a great Certified Nurse Midwife and will be having a hospital birth (possibly a water birth but not sure yet). I want it to be as natural as possible. I hope I can handle it.

We plan on using cloth (potentially part time, depends on if the daycare will be willing to handle the cloth). If we have a son I would like to keep him intact, my husband fully supported circ. until recently, I’ve been slowly feeding him info and he’s changing his mind.

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)
#203 of 266 Old 11-10-2006, 09:31 PM

I'm joining up too!

My name is Roxie, married since Jan 6 of this year, got pregnant right away (after stopping BC), due April 2, 2007 although I may be up to a month ahead of that (so maybe in March). This is my first pregnancy and first child.

I live in Oregon (just moved from North Dakota) and am pleasantly shocked at the progressiveness of Portland. It's a nice change. I'm having a homebirth at my SIL's house (our apt is too small and too close to neighbors) with a wonderful experienced midwife. My SIL is also going to be my doula.

I'm a housewife right now, will be a SAHM when the baby comes, but I will also be working on getting my midwifery education. I'm planning on attending Birthingway College of Midwifery in 2008, if I can get accepted.

Wife to dh and mommy to dd1 (3/07), ds (1/10), and dd2 (any day now)!

#204 of 266 Old 11-16-2006, 12:38 PM

Hi everyone!

I am a long-time lurker (DH is always saying "what are you DOING online, anyway?") and am very thankful for MDC. I'm a SAHM to a sweet, funny, amazing two-year-old boy who keeps me really busy. We are a cloth diapering, EBF, babywearing, no-circ family and we are planning a homebirth in early April '07. (I don't even like to think in terms of EDDs since I went so "late" with DS!)

My name ("jennyfah") comes from the way that my Kenyan roommates in college pronounced my name (jennifer).

Anyway, here's to happy and healthy pregnancies for all of us!

many blessings,
Jen

signcirc1.gif  winner.jpg    Jen  read.gif mom to three boys    jumpers.gif   and partner to malesling.GIF.   

#205 of 266 Old 11-17-2006, 11:39 AM

Hi, Im Shirl 29 y/o Im an EMT and have worked as a mechanic
Im not incredibly crunchy but I come from hippie parents so am a tad bit
I have two daughters ages 10 and 8 a wonderful partner named Greg who is 32 and two dogs (a jack and a czech shepherd).
Greg and I are expecting our first baby together in April!

thanks for having such a great place to read up at!!
#206 of 266 Old 11-17-2006, 05:03 PM

deleted
#207 of 266 Old 11-19-2006, 01:47 AM

A friend told be about this website and I've been meaning to check it out forever!
I'm Jen and we're expecting our first on April 25th. So far I've been very lucky and everything has been a breeze. All of this is very new to me (I have no idea what all the abreviations mean!). We are very excited, but I don't think it's fully hit us yet. My belly suddenly popped out the last couple of days. It's kind of funny to put your pants on and think it's exciting when you can't get them zipped.
#208 of 266 Old 11-19-2006, 12:50 PM

Hi! I have been lurking for a while and thought I should introduce myself. My name is April and I live in Delaware, I am 26. I am pregnant with my first child due April 18th (not only my name but my birthday too!) I have been married to my wonderful, supportive DH for 2 years. I plan on giving birth naturally with a midwife at The Birth Center in DE, AP, BF, and CD. Oh yea, and I work full time at a biotech company, so I am nervous about parenting when I return to work after maternity leave. I have two dogs and they are my "babies" now! MDC has been a great resource for me so far, I'm usually lurking around "I'm Pregnant" or "Diapering". Nice to meet you all!
#209 of 266 Old 11-20-2006, 10:18 AM

Hi All Fellow Pregnant Mamas!!
This is officially my first post, although I have been reading tons of messages throughout the MDC.
My first (son) will be 2y & 2m when #2 comes into the world. We're very excited to bring our 2nd gift into the world and to teach him/her to always keep heart and mind open.
btw, I'm absolutely amazed at the number of women in this community who are also bringing a new life into the world around the same time; I'll try to keep that in my thoughts during labor!
Well, see you all here again soon!
p.s. my edd is 4/30/07, but #1 showed up 2 days after edd, hence the reason for two diff edd
#210 of 266 Old 11-21-2006, 04:26 AM

Hi, my name is Nina I have a daughter, Izabella 18mo, and 21 weeks pregnant. My fiance (Rik) and I are planning a water birth at home- I am very excited. My first birth was induced and a terrible experience.

nice to meet everyone:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page