April 2007 Roll Call!!! please add yourself :o) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 266 Old 02-06-2007, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm Marta. I'm due April 13th. I live in Brooklyn NY, and plan on delivering at the Roosevelt Hospital Birth Center with a midwife. I am an artist. I'm feeling great, and currently working on a creative act daily to do with my pregnancy. I'm especially focusing on the role of technology during pregnancy. Its been a surprise to me, how irresistible technology has become in the process of my pregnancy.
Have a look at my blog to see the daily creative acts!
http://www.metabreed.com/
I organize a local women's pregnancy group in my neighborhood of Williamsburg Brooklyn. Please join us if you are in the area! the best way to find out about meeting times and events is to join the brooklyn hui yahoo group.
#242 of 266 Old 02-08-2007, 03:40 PM

Hi all! I'm Rachael, pg with Baby #1. Its supposed to be a he (in which case his name will be Keller). Due 4-9-07 (60 Days from the day of this post!).

I live in Chicago with my husband who is a student. He will be a Stay at Home Dad until he finishes school.

I am planning on a natural delivery with a midwife at the West Suburban Alternative Birthing Center. I am VERY excited about this!

Right now our biggest thing to work through is transportation. Currently we do not have a vehicle. We have been taking public transportation for 3+ years. Those around us are telling us we won't make it without a car but we would really like to stay car free as long as possible.

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#243 of 266 Old 02-17-2007, 10:40 PM

Well, I am gonna invite myself to your ddc. I am really due in May but I am having my baby for sure in April (probably the last week of April). I have been lurking in your ddc the past 7 months anyway. I am due with my 4th child. I lost my 3rd at 43 weeks in 6/05. This is my 5th pregnancy & I figured it out today I have been pregnant 20 of the last 30 months!!! Holy Cow!!!!
I hope you all have room for one more!!! (Hi Wild Thing )

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#244 of 266 Old 02-18-2007, 01:57 PM

I stumbled upon this in early Jan since I am on bedrest and have nothing else to do My name is Kim and I live in San Diego with my dh(44), my dc, Matt, who is off in Alaska at the moment, Michael, 15 and Katy, 6.5. Our little Adam is due April 23. I tend to go early so I am assuming April 1st. At least I am hoping for April 1st!!!!

I have very much enjoyed reading the posts here and throwing in my two cents every now and again.

Congratulations ladies!!!!!
#245 of 266 Old 02-18-2007, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

#246 of 266 Old 02-18-2007, 03:46 PM

Hey Cristina!

I am glad to see you here. We will probably have our babies around the same time. I wish you lived closed.
#247 of 266 Old 02-20-2007, 07:43 PM

My name is Misty. My EDD is May 4 but I went early with my first and my MW says I will likely go early again. Anytime after April 14th is what we are expecting. I usually just tell people mid to late April. My son was born at 36wks 4days at home without complications, weighing 7lb 6oz.

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#248 of 266 Old 02-22-2007, 11:30 PM

Hi!! I'm finally introducing myself!!!

DH and I (married in June 2006) are expecting our first baby (a boy) April 26...and cannot wait!! ..but I think we might really have a May baby.... :P It took me a while to find this DDC and then to start posting, but this is so fun!!!
#249 of 266 Old 02-23-2007, 12:21 AM

i'm sky 20 year old mother to valorie and due with our second child a boy, Devin Riley due april 10th.
#250 of 266 Old 02-23-2007, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
DH and I (married in June 2006) are expecting our first baby (a boy) April 26...and cannot wait!!
DH and I were married in June 2006 too!!!

Congratulations!
#251 of 266 Old 02-24-2007, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
DH and I were married in June 2006 too!!!

Congratulations!
Cool! Right back at you!!!
#252 of 266 Old 02-24-2007, 04:18 PM

I've been hanging out on this forum for awhile, but haven't really spent any time in the due date clubs... Thought I would introduce myself, finally! It would be nice to connect with some people so that once the babies all arrive, we have people to talk to about parenting stuff!

My name is Jen. I'm due with my first on April 1st.

Hoping for a natural birth in my small town hospital. Living on the west coast of British Columbia means that things are very laid back here , even in our hospital. I've heard really great things - which seems unusual compared to a lot of people's hospital delivery experiences!

So, nice to meet everyone!
#253 of 266 Old 02-25-2007, 01:12 AM

Hi! I'm Lana from Colorado, due April 19th with baby #1 and waiting for Ayla or Lars to come swimming up from the pool and say hi. I simply love the crunchy nature of the intelligent and fascinating mommies here. Thank goodness mdc exists!
#254 of 266 Old 03-06-2007, 03:52 PM

Well, it's March...guess I should add myself here...

I'm Brittany, in Phoenix, we're having our first in mid to late April. The wise, wise wheel says April 15th, BUT my intuition tells me the early twenties of April. Only time will tell...

We're having a home birth (yay!) and I can't wait. I'm actually excited for labor...I know, I know, CRAZY but I am. I think more excited to meet this wee one. At this point, six to eight weeks out, I'm not scared for labor, but I'm ready to lose myself in this universe-shaking experience.

btw, these forums have become my new addiction, especially when insomnia hits me...I can't wait for the birth announcements to start!!
#255 of 266 Old 03-06-2007, 04:56 PM

I'm a little late I think, but my name's Missy, I'm 30 years old and I live in the DC area with my DH. We're expecting our DS (our first baby) on April 30, but women in my family have always gone early so I'm thinking it'll be closer to the 15th or so.

The baby's name will be Wesley Davis (Davis is the middle name).

I've been reading for awhile and posting just a tad, but I really only became active here in the past week or so. Nice to meet you all!
#256 of 266 Old 03-06-2007, 06:16 PM

I lost our baby at 12 weeks, in September 2006. I suppose he or she just wasn't ready yet... and decided to come a little later...
I'm now due in Sept 2007!
#257 of 266 Old 03-06-2007, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8in View Post
I lost our baby at 12 weeks, in September 2006. I suppose he or she just wasn't ready yet... and decided to come a little later...

I'm sorry for your loss, but very happy about your current pregnancy!

I lost a baby last April, and now have this one due in April! It's funny how things work...
#258 of 266 Old 03-06-2007, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

to everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyxi View Post
I'm a little late I think, but my name's Missy, I'm 30 years old and I live in the DC area with my DH.
I'm in the Baltimore area - I'm happy to see yet another person in my vicinity here!
#259 of 266 Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8in View Post
Hi, I just wanted to say that I am sorry about your loss but really happy for you and wishing you the best with this pregnancy...
#260 of 266 Old 03-07-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyxi View Post
I'm a little late I think, but my name's Missy, I'm 30 years old and I live in the DC area with my DH. We're expecting our DS (our first baby) on April 30, but women in my family have always gone early so I'm thinking it'll be closer to the 15th or so.

The baby's name will be Wesley Davis (Davis is the middle name).

I've been reading for awhile and posting just a tad, but I really only became active here in the past week or so. Nice to meet you all!
Hi,

I'm due with our first son in late April too Welcome, Welcome! I would also consider myself in the "DC area" although I seam to keep moving further out...
#261 of 266 Old 03-07-2007, 02:35 AM

I'll join this as well as the 5/07 DDC --

I'm having my third baby at home in late April or early May. We have two boys, aged 3 and 6.
#262 of 266 Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 AM

Hi,
I'm new to MDC, but not to Mothering mag. I heard about the due date clubs from a friend, and am excited to join. I am pegnant with ds #2 and due in late April. I had my first about 3 years ago at a birth center with a midwife, and all went very well. This one will be a home birth. I am turning 30 tomorrow and have a dh of 6 years. We're thrilled to be welcoming another son into the world. We took a Birthing from Within class last month, which was awesome. I have been a doula for a year or so now, and am hoping that I can put to good use everything I have learned.
#263 of 266 Old 03-18-2007, 05:48 PM

hey there april mamas!
i just joined the MDC group... due to have my first baby this april 11th.
daddy and i are very excited! although i have to admit im getting fairly nervous. i never thought id be a mama, never wanted to be, but this little baby has changed my outlook and i cant wait to meet him or her.
#264 of 266 Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 AM
C99

Hi, I am Caroline. Live in Chicago with my DH, 4-y/o DS and almost 2-y/o DD. I am due April 21 with my third and final baby, but the date is largely irrelevant as my first was born at 35 weeks and my second was born somewhere between 38 and 39 weeks (my OB and I disagreed about my dates). I have been a member for MDC for awhile, but only check in about once/week.

My first two births were pretty medicalized, at a traditional and very large research hospital, assisted by OBs. My second pregnancy was pretty highly managed, with 6 weeks of (probably unnecessary) bedrest and lots of ffN tests and ultrasounds. I switched to a midwife practice at another hospital for this one, and plan to go natural. I almost made it last time, but the resident walked in the door and offered me an epidural every 5 minutes (despite my request otherwise) and I got scared. I love my midwives and am really excited to have them assist me in this birth.
#265 of 266 Old 03-25-2007, 12:43 PM

Hi, I'm Julia,

I've been lurking around for a while and posting here and there . . . my EDD is April 7. My ds (4) was born a week early at 8 lbs. and my dd (7) was on her due date at 7 lbs. 10 oz. I'm a bit worried about how big this baby will be! I'm 38 weeks and two weeks ago they were telling me he could be about 7 lbs already!!!! (But what do they know . . .) I'm hoping he'll come soon - today even - since I've been 3 cm and 70% effaced FOREVER (ok, really a week or so).

I'll be breastfeeding for the third time and hoping to go longer than a year, we're trying cloth diapering for the first time, and I'll be homeschooling starting in the fall . . . I have had a big learning curve thanks to MDC! We will alsoo be wearing this baby in our pouch or BH (on its way!).

We're not circ. this baby . . . his brother and my DH are . . . and while I feel good about our decision I still have a lingering fear that he will get UTIs or an STD later on that could have been prevented. Please don't flame me noncirc. mamas, it's something I'm still dealing with: researching, pondering, discussing . . .

When they took my "Little Prince" away for the circ. . . . that was one of the worst moments in my life and I won't make that mistake again!
#266 of 266 Old 04-01-2007, 08:46 PM

Hi, everybody! I've been posting on MDC for just a week or so now, but this is one of my favorite areas already

I'm Alexis, and I live in Michigan with my DH and our five pets (two dogs and three cats). We're expecting our first baby, Matthew, on April 7 -- though I've been telling him that he is welcome to come out ANY time now, LOL!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page