How is everyone feeling? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2006, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Caroylnn - I've wondered about that, too - mostly for me, like you, I've had less heaviness/pullings/twinges.... Still some, and some different twinges than before, but definitely less. My breasts have been seeming not quite as much bigger or veiny the past couple days, but they are still SORE! I'm pretty tired today, and definitely gassy . This is the strangest phenomenon - how obsessed and glad we get when our bodies do things we would normally find really unpleasant and be unhappy about, and then when we don't feel them as much we get so nervous.

If I make it through this without becoming completely it'll be a miracle.

I was thinking of starting an "is this normal" thread - anyone up for that, or does that fall under this thread well enough?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2006, 01:41 PM

I'm envious of you gals with symptoms! I don't really have many yet...the big one (in my mind), nausea, I don't have. I do feel bloated and have cramps occasionally but that's about it. I'm at 21 DPO, so just starting 5 weeks...maybe it'll get worse soon, so I can feel better! Aside from my bloated stomach, I don't *feel* pregnant right now....I'm still temping and taking a HPT every morning though so I know it's ok (I hope! I haven't yet gone to a midwife so I haven't gotten any bloodwork done yet to check my levels) I'm just trying to enjoy it as much as I can till it gets worse...but I would feel better if I started getting some nausea!!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

I guess this is the ddc with not much morning sickness. I don't have it yet and I always get it. Oh well, maybe that is a good sign. I only feel gasy, moody, and tired.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:49 PM

Nausea here! I never had it with DD, so I am a newbie. It sucks, doesn't it! At least I am not :Puke

Sometimes I have to make myself eat, but then I feel a bit better... for bit. Mostly I am just exhausted ALL of the time.

peacechief - Go for it! Start the "is this normal?" thread
Old 08-07-2006, 05:03 PM

Don't feel a whole heck of a lot like I'm pregnant...
I'm nervous every time I go to the bathroom. Hoping that's normal.
Other than that, nothing too unusual.
Had some really vivid dreams, but that's about it. No nausea or tenderness.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:03 PM

Feeling a little icky this morning. I didn't sleep well last night, so I think that's part of what is making me feel so green. I am SO

Nothing sounds good at all and I'm forcing myself to drink water.

Hoping that I don't get ms like my last pregnancy.

I'm also a little crampy, but I don't mind that. It's just a reminder that there is a reason for this icky feeling.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:24 PM

I'm feeling ok - worried that I'm not feeling bad enough! I'm pretty tired still, gassy, little breast soreness but not as much. I've got some pressure in my abdomin at the moment - not pain, but feels heavy/full. Hopefully that's good?? Lots of mood swings : So far it's been mainly dh that's had to deal with them, but the poor unsuspecting librarian who answered the phone last night when I called to ask why I hadn't gotten a book I'd ordered yet took some of the brunt, too... :
Old 08-08-2006, 03:30 PM

I felt pretty sick last night. I felt nauseous and like my uterus was strained, for lack of a better word. I had to lie down and take an evening nap before getting ready for bed, hehe.

This morning I feel fine, if not completely hungry. Oh, and the pre-cut papaya I bought from Trader Joes almost made me puke. It may just be a bad batch, so I'm going to offer it to a coworker to get confirmation on my first official, bonafide food aversion.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:35 PM

My first aversion was for Frusion, that yorgurt/fruit smoothie thing that I used to LOVe for breakfast. DH was sweet enough to buy 5 of them for me for my last week of summer school ~2 weeks ago. I took one and couldn't finish it. It repulsed me. DH has been slowly drinking them, but there is still one left in the fridge

There have been other things. I remember before I had a m/c last time, the smell of chocolate and peanuts together made me almost vomit. DH loves the two together. ick.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:36 PM

Anyone having horrible headaches and migraines? I looked it up in my books and apparently they are yet another symptom of pregnancy--I sure wasn't bargaining on that! I rarely had headaches before and now it's constant! :

Still tired, blah, blah, blah...same-o, same-o
Old 08-08-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaaaah
I felt pretty sick last night. I felt nauseous and like my uterus was strained, for lack of a better word.
I got this feeling yesterday when I was swimming. It was so bad (like a tight straining feeling in my uterus) that I had to stop swimming that stroke.

didkisa, I've been having headaches every day too. : Hopefully it'll go away soon.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:52 PM

Not feeling very pregnant here either! Mostly just constipated. I've never had many pregnancy "symptoms" but after my miscarriage I'm super nervous. So, today in the shower I gave my boobs a lil squeeze and out came a drop of colostrum. Now I feel so much better! I haven't nursed in over a year so I know it isn't left over
Old 08-08-2006, 10:29 PM

I'm feeling very nauseous. It's odd for me because I don't usually have morning sickness until around week 8 or 9, so I'm wondering if I'm actually further along than they think...or maybe twins boooooooooooo! I've had a ton of cravings, but can't keep them down...sorry TMI. I hate this freakin morning sickness!

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev090pr___.png

http://b2.lilypie.com/Bzkvm7/.png

http://b4.lilypie.com/ewpKm7/.png
Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 AM

Old 08-09-2006, 02:38 PM

I feel sooo much better today! Woo-hoo! Headache is waaaay down, almost nonexistent at times! I have much more energy, although still tired (not as much, tho'). Heartburn has started up, but I've lived with GERD for almost ten years, so that's nothing new--just worse than usual. Still no morning sickness, but I have a feeling it'll start this week. Dunno why...
Old 08-09-2006, 02:44 PM

Old 08-09-2006, 02:51 PM

Anne hope it doesn't last very long!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:00 PM

Just breast tenderness here. I usually start the all day sickness around 6 weeks. Just when I think I'm not going to get it.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:16 PM

Today it's really starting to hit me. I'm exhausted and nauseaous and I've thrown up twice. Ick ick ick.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:34 PM

Oh boy -- the fatigue is hitting me. I work part-time and am sitting here at my computer fantasizing about my bed.... Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
Old 08-09-2006, 06:39 PM

Old 08-09-2006, 06:40 PM

Old 08-09-2006, 07:04 PM

Must...........stay...........awake :yawning:

Other than that, I'm okie dokie. I've always been big on water, so the peeing every five minutes is old hat. I'm so tired though and don't want to get up, so I put it off until 10 minutes.

Our office mother hen seems to think that I need sweets. She keeps bringing me delicious desserts. I feign resistance, but in the end, I always cave.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:01 PM

I feel okay. Exhausted, but that's normal with my schedule and in this heat! No throwing up yet (knock wood), but every single time I eat, I get awful stomach cramps and diahrrea (sp?). It's wearing me out.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 PM

I think nesting has started early...I feel this overwhelming need to clean everything! Just rearranged my kitchen cabinets, etc. Just need to scrub the stove and set the oven to self clean!

Now, I feel soo sick. : Hot and weak and vomity...blech.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:08 PM

MonkeyPrincess...if you run out of things to clean at your place, feel free to come over to mine! I'm sure my messy house can keep you busy for days!!!

I'm feeling so very good today! Yea! Still no nausea...what's up with that?? Bring it on, I can take it! Actually, I really needed this "feel good" day today as I've been soooo tired, cranky, achey, and the headaches have been unreal. I was due for some happy time! The calm before the storm....yeah, I know my body!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:30 PM

Feeling ookie today. Couldn't even finish my pb toast this morning, which is like a staple for me. Couldn't finish my chocolate milk, either and haven't eaten since. I'm going to lunch w/my mom today, so hopefully I'll be able to eat something.

I am SUCH a grouch. It's really uncool. DH kept asking me what was wrong when I got home yesterday and I finally yelled at him "NOTHING IS WRONG! I'M NOT MAD!" Obviously, there was something wrong. I apologized immediately and then went to my room and cried. I really gotta figure out how to control my emotions. DH is such a doll, he went to the store and bought some of my (when I'm not puking) favorite things: Chocolate milk, peanut butter and Doritos so I can make my pickle/pb/Dorito sandwiches. Man, I love that guy. :

I'm really trying to embrace serenity for this pregnancy, but it ain't happenin anymore. I need to go running, I think.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:50 PM

This is my first pregnancy (5 weeks today) so I'm ever-so-watchful for symptoms and everything is new to me, but so far, I haven't had too many.

I've felt a little pulling and heaviness in my uterus and it seems like I have to pee an awful lot. My boobs are a little tender but not unbearable. I've maybe had a few slight twinges of nausea but nothing lasting. I don't really feel pregnant, which worries me a little but I suppose I should be glad that I'm not feeling yucky.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
Old 08-11-2006, 02:05 PM

User Tag List