How is everyone feeling? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 89 Old 07-29-2006, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I would start a thread where everyone can update us on how they feel! Today I feel tired and my boobs are really sore! I haven't felt sick yet but I think that is coming. Mostly I have just felt really worried. After 2 m/c i am having a hard time relaxing! I keep telling myself day by day. Easier said than done!
#2 of 89 Old 07-29-2006, 10:44 AM

My breasts are really sore, they look a bit different, I have had some round ligament/psaos muscle (that's what my chiro called it) pain, and a full feeling in my uterus that is best described as crampy without the rhythmic nature of cramps. No spotting, no real nausea.
#3 of 89 Old 07-29-2006, 10:52 AM

I'm SICK! It seems to be hitting much earlier (and worse) than it did with Fiona. I never really got *sick* with her and the little bit of nausea I did have didn't come until probably 8-10 weeks. I'm just *4 weeks* today! Doesn't that seem early for strong food aversions, nausea, etc.? Weird ....

I am happy to say that my breasts are sore and feel a little bigger. I had NO breast changes through my entire first pregnancy and breastfeeding was a daily struggle (awful supply issues). I'm hoping that things will go differently this time.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#4 of 89 Old 07-29-2006, 11:35 AM

I still sort of feel like I have my period. I'm relatively crampy, like the 2nd day's worth of cramps, and have tender boobs. Nothing too bad, though. I'm not tired or anything. I really don't have any real symptoms yet. I'm just giddy ;-).
#5 of 89 Old 07-29-2006, 01:31 PM

I've been really tired and just a bit queasy. My breasts don't hurt, but they didn't with my second pregnancy either; maybe because I'm nursing?

With my dd (my second pregnancy), I had basically zero symptoms, except fatigue, until I felt her moving!
#6 of 89 Old 07-29-2006, 02:26 PM

My breasts are sometimes sore and defiantly bigger! I've also been dizzy, hungry, and had some heartburn, which I haven't had since I was pg with DD. I've also been sick, with elevated temps (~99+), swollen lymph nodes, and a head cold - which I gave to DH and DD. And I feel bloated a bit
#7 of 89 Old 07-29-2006, 07:57 PM

Nothing yet except I'm a lot hungrier.

I've been on a special diet (lots of basic whole foods and tons of water, just no sugar/salt/oil/most carbs) for the past 5 1/2 weeks and it was smooth sailing until a few days ago. Now I get viciously hungry at night (just ask dh). I'm trying to listen to my body and eat a little extra but last time (last preg) I listened to my body and ate everything and gained a lot (which is why I've been on a diet). I've lost 17 lbs. My goal was 20 but I don't think it'll happen because when I reach my mental deadline of Tuesday I'M HAVING PIZZA!
Ok, this is not the place to discuss diets, sorry mamas.
#8 of 89 Old 07-29-2006, 10:44 PM

HUNGRY!! (how can a speck make me want to eat so much!?!), sore boobs, and dh says they are filling out nicely not queasy yet, will take that as long as i get it! and tired...just wanting to chill out when usually i like to be on the go. my body seems to know i need to just give some energy to growing this babe
#9 of 89 Old 07-30-2006, 12:47 AM

I am still feeling completely normal. I'm trying to really enjoy it, because if this pregnancy is anything like my last one, I'll soon be miserable and throwing up all day, every day.
#10 of 89 Old 07-30-2006, 08:46 AM

I don't envy you mamas who have to deal with morning sickness, or worse, hyperemesis. That is really terrible.

I don't usually get much, other than queasiness time to time, and I am soooo thankful.

I hope that it is better this time for all the mamas who experienced it with previous pregnancies.

#11 of 89 Old 07-30-2006, 09:06 AM

Nauseus, but no throwing up yet. Tired, could be due to waking at 5:30, freakishly not able to go back to sleep. And during the week I have my two plus babysat boy so it's not really conducive to naps. I am definitely taking a nap today.

And a little hungrier. I had been on a "diet" patch that's really a health/wellness conglomeration of herbs and homeopathic remedies. That was giving me energy and suppressing a bit of the munchiness I tend towards, not to mention keeping me *regular*. But, while I *know* it's safe for pregnancy, the company doesn't endorse pregnant use. And it made my skin itchy the third day after finding out I am preg. So I ditched it. Now I am having to try to really pay attention to what is actual need to eat, and what is my innate love of eating.

But ok, I am queasy now, so off to eat a banana!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#12 of 89 Old 07-30-2006, 03:11 PM

I wake up super early now too and I can't fall back asleep. Weird.

And gas is a problem now.

Oh no, now I'm queasy too. I need to go eat breakfast (it's 8am here)...
#13 of 89 Old 07-30-2006, 03:47 PM

I've been feeling pretty good the last few days. I was feeling sick last weekend through about Wednesday. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I didn't have many early symptoms with the last two except tiredness. This time, I've felt sick, my boobs hurt, and I'm super crabby.

I can also already feel my abs expanding. They feel kind of tight. I have a feeling I'm going to show very fast.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#14 of 89 Old 07-30-2006, 06:48 PM

Very, very irritable, thank you! I've been "emotionally strong", passionate if you will, my whole life. Now I just can't seem to hold it in! Maybe it's the fatigue making me so pissy. I'm soooo tired! I can handle the sore boobs, the crampiness,the peeing every half hour, even the nausea, but pleeeeeze give me back my ability to rein in my emotions!

Oh, and it doesn't help that my husband "decided" to get sick less than 48 hours after I told him I'm pregnant...gotta wonder if there's some correlation or if it's merely a coincidence! I'm the one that should be coddled and taken care of right now! Instead I'm dealing with more than he could handle PLUS taking care of his whiny butt! :

Yes, definitely could do without this *&%#@ irritability!! (will it go away...soon, or will I be like this for the next 8 months?!?)
#15 of 89 Old 07-30-2006, 09:05 PM

It's funny that others have mentioned, um, emotional irritability as a symptom. Last Saturday morning I had a BFN (was that only a week ago?!?) and when I told dh that it was negative, and that I needed some help cleaning up a big spill, he responded with, "you're having a bad day, huh?" : I was seriously po'd at that point, because as if not being pregnant was equivalent with having a bad day, blah, blah, blah. I screamed and wailed and carried on until my throat was hoarse as his insensitivity and blah, blah, blah. That night I had a BFP!

Then this week, I was waiting until just the right moment to tell a friend my happy news, and she had been told already by my administrator at the office. My grandmother, same thing, by my mom. And my chiro by a good friend. They all had great intentions, but I was a bit, um, emotional, when I found out my surprise was spoiled, ya know?

Carolynn
#16 of 89 Old 07-31-2006, 02:12 AM

The fact that a tiny little gathering of cells is making me so bloated is BIZARRE. Seriously, my profile looks like I'm 5 months pregnant, but it's all bloat, all the time.

I'm going to have a hard time keeping this to myself unless the bloat backs down a bit, hehe.

Anybody else?
#17 of 89 Old 07-31-2006, 09:59 AM

Um, yes definitely bloated. You can take dandelion greens as a mild diuretic (NOT A DR HERE!! WARNING!!! lol) And dandelions are supportive, and high in potassium, so as not to deplete resources.
A tincture would be easier than, say, foraging in your local organic fields....

I definitely am going to show early this time. Not so much actual baby popping out, but my belly is like "oh, I've done this two times b4 I know what's coming!!!"
It'll be really nice when I am showing, because you know? Everyone lets you get in the front of the line at public restrooms....

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#18 of 89 Old 07-31-2006, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

I am very bloated looking also! I have heard that progestrone relaxes your muscles and that can make your stomach bloated early. I still haven't gotten morning(all day) sickness yet. I am still very irritable and tired. Oh and gassy. Have a great day.
#19 of 89 Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 AM

I had a MAJOR depression/crying jag last night (ew) and didn't get to sleep until almost 2 am. Then I had to get up at 6:45 (I got to sleep in!!!).
:
#20 of 89 Old 07-31-2006, 11:42 AM

My breasts are tender and quite.......voluptous already! I can't keep my hands off 'em. Neither can dh, for that matter!

I do have some cramping/pulling going on. It seems more pronounced than with my first two pregnancies.

I'm surprisingly very un-bloated, which was actually kind of a clue to me that I was pg. I usually swell up like a balloon a couple of days before AF. I'm going to enjoy this for as long as I can, because I know that my belly will just decide to pop out any minute.

I'm not cranky. I have a feeling of peace about this pregnancy. I hope that lasts too! Every once in a while, though, I'll go, "Holy carp! Three kids? What have we done?!" Those moments are fleeting.
#21 of 89 Old 07-31-2006, 04:18 PM

I've been having little twinges here and there, and some bloating and gas, but I think the biggest symptom for me right now is restlessness. Especially at night, the last few hours before bedtime. I get so restless and irritable. Nothing sounds good, not reading, not watching tv, not sleeping (or I'd wake up at 2am), not playing a game, not talking to anyone. Just grumpy. It sucks. Hopefully it won't last long.
#22 of 89 Old 08-01-2006, 06:18 PM

I just found out yesterday and I keep feeling like my period is going to start. I have cramping but it's not as bad as it is before AF but still annoying. I've been peeing a lot but then again I have an overactive bladder so what else is new

I must be bloated or something though cause I could not button my jeans yesterday... and this was before I tested and got a bfp. I know it's too early to be getting bigger but I couldn't believe that my jeans were so dang tight!

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#23 of 89 Old 08-01-2006, 09:39 PM

Up until last week, I was feeling period like cramps and a some 'weirdness in my head' (not headaches, not lightheaded, just 'off'). My boobs have been sensitive, and I've been super gassy! Yee Haw. This is so much fun

Then the other night it hit me! I woke up feeling like I was going to puke. I managed to breath through it and fall asleep again. This happened again last night, and then this morning in the shower, dry heaves. Yuck! I have been feeling queasy on and off most of today.

I am finding that blood sugar level contributes, and that's why I think I am waking up in the middle of the night and feeling ill. I'm going to sleep with some crackers by the bed tonight and try the suggestion of waking in the morning, eating some crackers and staying in bed for another 15 minutes.
#24 of 89 Old 08-02-2006, 09:02 AM

I'm doing ok so far : Sore & veiny breasts & yesterday they started to seem bigger (woohoo ) I've had spotting the past three days, and some mild crampiness - or maybe it's more just pressure/pulling - more nagging than anything else. And this morning I'm feeling pretty gassy/bloated. So far I've done ok w/little or no nausea - I'm not looking forward to that - crossing my fingers that maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones that doesn't really get morning sickness - I've got a phobia of puking. I'm also pretty tired. I've been worrying a lot (especially about if things are normal, like the spotting and all the weird feelings around my uterus), but that's not a surprise... peeing a lot, but that's not new, either.

So how long do you think it will be until we're not so enchanted by all the strange things our bodies are doing?
#25 of 89 Old 08-02-2006, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacechief
So how long do you think it will be until we're not so enchanted by all the strange things our bodies are doing?
Probably 9 months for me.

I'm feeling sick, weak and shaky this morning but I don't think it's morning sickness. I came off my diet yesterday and ate processed foods (aussie pocket ) and pizza....lots of things I haven't had in 6 weeks (salt, oils, sugar, dairy) so my body is reacting big time. Live and learn.
Reminds me of the movie Super Size Me.
#26 of 89 Old 08-02-2006, 04:10 PM

My boobs have been KILLING me. So sore. I also had to buy a bigger sized bra the other day. In scarier news, I just had a little spotting about an hour ago. It seemed pinky brown, but still. Now I'm completely paranoid...
#27 of 89 Old 08-02-2006, 04:10 PM

I know I will continue to be fascinated by my body at least until I'm done nursing, (milk shooting contests, anyone?) so I've got a few years to go! I love the changes my body goes through, except for the painful ones like sciatica.

I feel exhausted and ditzy and out of it today. I didn't get to eat breakfast this morning and things were crazy at the office so I didn't get to eat until 11:30 and then it was a black bean burrito from Taco Time. With stuffed mexi fries.:

My breasts are less tender and my cramping seems to have slowed, so I'm glad about that. I woke up burping this morning though and thought it was hilarious! That has never happened to me!

I'm trying to enjoy every day of this pregnancy, but I'm impatient to feel the baby move! I know I have a long wait for that though. Probably Septemberish/Octoberish.
#28 of 89 Old 08-02-2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaaaah
My boobs have been KILLING me. So sore. I also had to buy a bigger sized bra the other day. In scarier news, I just had a little spotting about an hour ago. It seemed pinky brown, but still. Now I'm completely paranoid...
I wouldn't worry about it, Juliah. Some spotting is not abnormal. Also, your cervix is more sensitive, so if sometimes after dtd with DH, you might have some spotting.
#29 of 89 Old 08-02-2006, 04:29 PM

Julia - I've had spotting the past three days - and I've been worried about it, too. I got a few responses from others on the board who said they had spotting (some even a little bit of red blood) early on in their pregnancy & things turned out just fine. I also asked my family doc when I went in to test last night and she said it sounded like nothing to worry about.

Now, that doesn't mean I'm not worrying But it sounds to me like it's a pretty normal thing, and that unless it's bright red &/or with bad cramps, it's probably fine. If it lasts, though, I'd say go to your doc just to be sure rather than keep stressing yourself out.

So I think I might be like Nichole & be fascinated through nursing. I grew up around an attitude of bodies & sex being embarassing & taboo, so I'm learning so much through this whole process - Right now, I'm just totally in awe of the fact that my body figured out how to make a little babe & is just going about doing it's own thing to keep the little guy growing & developing. So cool
#30 of 89 Old 08-02-2006, 04:38 PM

thanks for your reassurance, guys. I really appreciate it. I'm slightly less paranoid now :-).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page