Anyone still temping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-03-2006, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a bit obsessed and am still taking my temp in the am. My question is this - does anyone else have an abnormally high temperature? M normal is 97 degrees, but I have been ~99 degrees since I found out I was pg. At first, I thought it was because I was sick, but now I am not really sick but my temps are still high?!?
#2 of 9 Old 08-03-2006, 04:11 PM

I've been occasionally itching to temp just to make sure it's still up there, but I'd really rather try to sleep in (so far no luck! ) I stopped temping around 22-23 dpo, as my confidence rose that this one's a sticky.

I think 99 is fine, really.
#3 of 9 Old 08-03-2006, 04:39 PM

I've been wondering about this - when others stopped temping. So far, I still am - in obsessive, is-it-still-up-there mode - but I'm only 15dpo... I want to stop & not have to think about it anymore, but I feel like if I don't check, something will go wrong and I won't know it.... Maybe once I get a little more confidant that the little bean's going to stick...
#4 of 9 Old 08-03-2006, 05:07 PM

I'm still temping, and I'm also still obsessed ;-). I'm not sure how much longer it's an indicator, but continued elevated temps = pregnancy! I keep meaning to look that up. I feel pathetic about this, but I need all the reassurance I can get.
#5 of 9 Old 08-03-2006, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am still temping, not every day, but every other. I have taken 3 hcg tests, too. A bit OC, but it makes me feel more confident.
#6 of 9 Old 08-04-2006, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacechief
I've been wondering about this - when others stopped temping. So far, I still am - in obsessive, is-it-still-up-there mode - but I'm only 15dpo... I want to stop & not have to think about it anymore, but I feel like if I don't check, something will go wrong and I won't know it.... Maybe once I get a little more confidant that the little bean's going to stick...
I would keep temping, especially if you're concerned about m/c. I stopped temping as soon as I got the BFP, then m/c and wished I had continued temping for at least another week, for reassurance if nothing else. If it's still high in the morning, you can pretty much rest easy the rest of the day. I still ocassionally get the urge to temp just so I don't have to worry that day.
#7 of 9 Old 08-04-2006, 11:53 AM

Guess I'm the odd mama out. : I stopped temping the day I got the no-doubt-about-it positive test. I did continue to temp for a while with my first pregnancy, but I just haven't felt like bothering with this one. I did over-buy on the pregnancy tests. I have 2 digital ones in my bathroom that I'm itching to take (I've never used one before and they just seem so very *definite*!) .... I'll probably use one this weekend, just so I can take a picture of it!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#8 of 9 Old 08-04-2006, 06:16 PM

i'm still temping because i--- well, i don't know-- i guess i want to get at least 18 high temps before i feel secure in stopping-- i'm still above the coverline (14dpo) but i dipped again this a.m. and it's got me very very nervous: my temps have been on the lower side until i started the natural progesterone cream(and still not as high as alot i've seen) and you can see the highest temp on my chart reflects the morning after i started using it-- i'm continuing using it thru my 2nd trimester
#9 of 9 Old 08-07-2006, 12:31 PM

I'm still temping every morning- I'm at 21 DPO. In addition, I'm still taking a PT every morning with FMU..... thank God for Dollar Tree tests! Last time I went to the Dollar Tree, I bought 12 at one time. I stacked them up neatly for the cashier...I guess it did look kind of funny. This grandmother-type was the cashier and when she saw them to start ringing me up, she said..."Oh! Want to make sure, huh?" She wished me luck as I was leaving.

I'll probably continue temping and taking a PT until I start getting some real symptoms (nausea is the main one, which I don't have...yet) and/or once I see a midwife for confirmation and prenatal care...that'll make it "seriously real", I guess!

If I was "an old pro", I'm sure I'd stop temping as soon as I get the BFP, but this is my first pregnancy, so it's all really new to me!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page