Let's start a weekly chatter post. 7/31 - 8/6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I've seen it in the other tribe or DDC forums.

Ready: go. I could post a random harmless discussion question, like "what's your favorite cookie" or something, but instead, let's ask "who's having sex?"

Cause I'm not. I'm skeeeered. :

(Way to make a solid first impression, Julia.)
#2 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 10:52 AM

We only have once since we found out, but we're not abstaining for any particular reason. Just haven't been in the mood, I guess.

During my last pregnancy, sex was very painful for me throughout the entire thing and we probably attempted to have sex maybe five times the whole nine months. And all of those five we stopped because I couldn't take it. Poor dh! He's probably preparing himself for 35 more long weeks of celibacy!
#3 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 11:20 AM

My DH has been reeeeeaally sick since the day after we found out I'm pg...so nothing here for the last two weeks. BUT, he informed me last night: "Get ready to be jumped this weekend!!"
#4 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

haha, colleen, that's funny.

sarah, your daughter is so ADORABLE. holy goodness.
#5 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 01:26 PM

We have a coupla times since we found out. We have a family bed, so weekends are really the only time that we can get together. We make up for lost time during the week!

My husband said that my body feels very different and "welcoming" is what he said. With both of my previous pregnancies, my libido was in overdrive, so I hope that happens again. Though, DH gets a little weirded out when my belly gets really big and then I have to practically beg him for sex.:

I think that DH is a little disappointed that he didn't get more than one month's worth of "productive baby-making sex"
#6 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 01:28 PM

Every day?!? I just looked at my chart, and noticed we have DTD everyday. When I told DH, he says "What I am wondering is why it is only once most days": I told him to be happy with what he's getting.

Needless to say, if I was having a m/c, I'd rather have it now. I could not get away with weeks and weeks of not DTD. DH would die (literally, I think). Good thing I enjoy it too
#7 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

nichole, that's really sweet.

my best friends are cosleepers, and i always ask them how they do it. uh, literally. they always say you just have to get creative with time and space ;-)
#8 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 01:38 PM

This am, DD was set up with her favorite Dora video and a bowl of cereal on the table. That left us just enough time to enjoy ourselves.

My Mom told me how when my bro and I were little, she would set the TV to the right channel, set up two bowls of cereal and leave two glasses of milk in the fridge. By about 4/5 yo I could take bro downstairs, turn on the tv, and make us cereal so my mom and Dad could sleep in and enjoy themselves. Bro and I enjoyed our independant time.
#9 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaaaah
I think I've seen it in the other tribe or DDC forums.

Ready: go. I could post a random harmless discussion question, like "what's your favorite cookie" or something, but instead, let's ask "who's having sex?"

Cause I'm not. I'm skeeeered. :

(Way to make a solid first impression, Julia.)
laughup ok-- i have to admit your last sentence really cracked me up-- and the answer is no since i got my bfp but that was only wed.- hee hee
#10 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaaaah
nichole, that's really sweet.

my best friends are cosleepers, and i always ask them how they do it. uh, literally. they always say you just have to get creative with time and space ;-)
The other day I told him that we needed to redecorate our bathroom so it would look more like the love nest it is.:
#11 of 12 Old 08-04-2006, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been really busy at work, so not much time, but dp is looking gooooooood. We've done it just once or twice since getting pregnant, but I have to keep up the illusion that all that sex wasn't just because I wanted to get pregnant...
#12 of 12 Old 08-05-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapejuicemama
The other day I told him that we needed to redecorate our bathroom so it would look more like the love nest it is.:

It's only been once for us since. I think that was the best part of ttc for dh because when I told him we're finally pregnant, he said "so does that mean we have to stop trying?".

Julia, I'm a little scared too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page