Exhausted? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else just bone weary tired? I get up after at least 7 hours sleep (and often more) and feel very tired again within a few hours. By this time in the afternoon (2:30) I am ready for a nap. The problem is I rarely can get to sleep and if I do, I wake up feling just as bad or worse. I don't remember feeling this way with DD at all. Does anyone else feel this way?
#2 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Jes

I feel the exact same way. I am tired as could be, tried lying down with DS for a nap and couldn't get to sleep. The same thing happens to me every single night.
#3 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 04:31 PM

yep, feelin' pretty wasted today, too... :yawning:
#4 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 04:42 PM

Feeling so tired I mm not feeling like a very good or fun mommy to my 2 girls. I had forgotten about this part of it all.
#5 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 04:45 PM

I'm right there with you mamas. :yawning:
#6 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 04:47 PM

I am SO sleepy. I went to sleep at 9:30 last night, woke up at 7 and I'm still :yawning:!

When I was pregnant with Mason, I studied to get my real estate license while at work (in a real estate office). It wasn't unusual for someone to come back to my office and find me snoozing face down on my desk! They were mostly very sweet though and acted like they hadn't seen it!

As if real estate law couldn't induce a coma on it's own............

I'm loving every minute of it though. I love being pregnant.
#7 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 05:03 PM

I'm beat, but I'm chalking it up to this being my first caffiene-free week in almost 20 years!
Not sure where the pregnancy sleepiness and the coffee sleepiness begins and ends...
Regardless, I wish I had a big, fancy office with a couch in it...
#8 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 06:41 PM

lord, yes.

i don't think i've managed to go a day without some kind of caffeine--the 20-month-old does not pause for a sleepy mama! sometimes i just lay down on the floor withher while she plays. exercise helps a lot, too, when i can manage it.

zzz,
j
#9 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 07:37 PM

ditto omahakate on the exhaustion being more likely linked to my caffeine deficit...

although I'm increasingly noticing that for even the tiniest suggestion of a pregnancy symptom, I manage to write it off somehow. I'm such a worrier. For example, nausea isn't really nausea, it's just a fabricated psychosomatic symptom to try to convince myself that i'm really pregnant. and pregbrain isn't really pregbrain, it's just me finally being able to lean on that excuse for my scatterbrainedness. and finally, exhaustion is just related to the lack of caffeine.

oy.
#10 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 08:10 PM

I've been extremely tired for weeks now. Unfortunately, fatigue is what affects my mood more than anything...it's making me extremely cranky, irritable, and prone to freak out at the littlest of issues. Also, I'm the kind of person that would easily choose sleep over food. That doesn't bode well with my increased appetite lately...esp. because if I don't eat, I get horrible hunger headaches! : It's all too damn related!
#11 of 15 Old 08-07-2006, 09:34 PM

By the afternoon I MUST nap or I am terribly sleepy. Other than that I am not tired so much as low-energy. I just don't wanna do anything, and when I do it, my stamina is low. I did yardwork yesterday and dp kept laughing at me because it was 10 minutes of work for every 10 minutes of rest. It *was* hot out...
#12 of 15 Old 08-08-2006, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaaaah
although I'm increasingly noticing that for even the tiniest suggestion of a pregnancy symptom, I manage to write it off somehow. I'm such a worrier. For example, nausea isn't really nausea, it's just a fabricated psychosomatic symptom to try to convince myself that i'm really pregnant. and pregbrain isn't really pregbrain, it's just me finally being able to lean on that excuse for my scatterbrainedness. and finally, exhaustion is just related to the lack of caffeine.
LOL I'm finally giving in to everything, but I felt that way the first few weeks. Now, DH has it all figured out and he is suggesting I rest all day instead of etting frustrated at how little I get done. It is really nice, but it is enabling me to do NOTHING. Less than two weeks until I have to start work again though.:
#13 of 15 Old 08-08-2006, 04:58 PM

I could respond to this better if I wasnt so tired
yup I'm right there with everyone, its so early in the pregnancy and I am peeing up a storm and so so tired, no matter how much sleep I get and trying to get a nap with two toddlers is not gonna happen!

~Susan
widowed from Marc Nov. '09(love you more babe) mom to Sophia (9) Emma (8) Lily (5) :

#14 of 15 Old 08-09-2006, 12:12 PM

Oh...me me me!!!! I remember this with my last pregnancy as well though. Right now it's just that I feel my eyes getting verrry sleepy pretty early on if I don't take my mid-afternoon nap. But last time as the pregnancy progressed I got so exhausted that I could do NOTHING but lay on the couch all day long. I barely had enough energy to get off the couch to go pee...it was not fun. I'm hoping it won't hit that bad this time though.
#15 of 15 Old 08-09-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynnMarilynn
Other than that I am not tired so much as low-energy. I just don't wanna do anything, and when I do it, my stamina is low.
: I was wondering if anyone else has experienced that. I've been feeling pretty tired the last few days, but the worst is not feeling like doing anything - kind of restless but blah, and lots of things seem like way too much work. I take the bus to/from work - about a 45 minute trip each way, and I used to use that time to read - now I take a nap most every day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page