Cramps? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-08-2006, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Folks--

I'm due April 7, so I'm about 5 1/2 weeks pg. My last pg ended in m/c at 9 weeks, so I'm a wee bit freaked out on this one.

Has anyone else started having mild cramps? I know it's supposed to be normal in the 1st trimester, but I had a lot of cramps in the last pg, and that one didn't turn out so well.

I'd really love to hear if you have or haven't had cramps already. I'm trying to figure out whether to call my dr or not.

Thanks!
Anita
#2 of 9 Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 AM

I was just about to post about this! I've been having some mild ones too. I don't remember having them with dd. So you are not alone.
#3 of 9 Old 08-08-2006, 11:46 AM

I have been a bit crampy too. I believe I was with the other two pregnancies as well. Also I dont know if anyone else has noticed this. But any amount of gas is alot more painful than it used to be and feels similar to cramping to me anyway.
#4 of 9 Old 08-08-2006, 11:54 AM

I've had some crampiness on and off, though it's been less lately. I have noticed, though, that most of the time when I feel crampy or uncomfortable/pressure/little pain - it's been because I've either had to pee or have been gassy. Don't know if that helps, but that's me...
#5 of 9 Old 08-08-2006, 05:31 PM

yup, strange shadowy, twingey cramps are a sure pregnancy sign, for me. i get little vibratey muscley sensations, too, and occasional sharp twinges, like precursors to round ligament pain? weird, but all normal for me.
#6 of 9 Old 08-09-2006, 12:42 AM

Yep, me too.
Mostly they are pulling sensations but some I would classify as mild cramps. I don't like it and it worries me but I do think it is normal.
#7 of 9 Old 08-09-2006, 04:00 PM

Hi Anita, my name is Anita too and I am also in NC. I have had cramps and a lot of loose stools. I have never had a miscarriage though, so I have been a little worried as well. I hope and pray all is well with your wee one.
#8 of 9 Old 08-09-2006, 06:44 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I'm not from your ddc, but wanted to give you some peace of mind. I had horrible cramps throughout my first trimester along with severe lower back pain. It's perfectly normal to cramp in the first trimester. As long as it isn't accompanied by bright red bleeding I would say things are fine.
#9 of 9 Old 08-10-2006, 01:14 AM

Yep, for me that pinching feeling is a sure sign of pregnancy! I called my doc in a panic the first time, sure I was going to miscarry. With this pg, it was one of my first clues!

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page