Gabriel

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2006, 04:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have two girls now, Madeline Louise and Charlotte Hazel, so I want whatever we choose to 'fit' with the other names in the family. Our last name is one syllable, starts with a C and ends with a K. And is pretty common.

I like the names Ivy and Irene for a girl, but I don't know if I like them with the other girls' names.

I have no clue for a boy. I've never had boys. I have no brothers. I just don't know what I'll do if we have a boy this time around! :
Old 08-20-2006, 05:37 AM

I can't believe someone picked my name!
Quote:
2. Edith (Edie)
It's the name of an old family friend and about 3 years ago I thought if I ever had a girl, Edie would be a lovely name I also like Enid.

I haven't given names much thought yet (bad me!) but for a boy I like Vincent, Dominic, Francis (shortened to Frankie).
Old 08-20-2006, 07:21 AM

We are really having a hard time thinking of names this time around. However we really like Naiya (water nymph) for a girl, but haven't come up with a middle name to go with it yet. Our previous DC are Aiden Sky and Ilana Claire. When we named Aiden we didn't know anyone else with that name, now it seems like if he was going to go to public school he would have at least 6 in his class:

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amari's Mama
Here are the new ones that I found today (all girl names):

Janya - Sanskrit for "life"
Jaya - Sanskrit for "goddess"
Kerani - Sanskrit
Kirtana - Sanskrit for "praise"
Shanti - Sanskrit for "peace"
Dyani - Native American for "deer"
Kaya - Native American for "wise child"
Dara - Hebrew for "compassionate"
Liora - Hebrew for "light"
Diantha - Greek for "flower of the gods"
Drea - Greek for "courageous"

And my favorite.....
Ceyla - Greek for "moon"

Ceyla Irene = peaceful moon

Irene was my grandmother's middle name. She passed away in 1996 and I miss her very much still.

I'm imagining that you pronounce Ceyla as "SAY-lah"

Ceyla Irene J...
I really love these names! I am very partial to names that have meaning and are different, what was your source?

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

Old 08-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Banned

Okay, for our someday-children:

We pretty much have decided upon Sophie Ann for a girl (Sophia technically, I think, for her official stuff). I feel odd spelling it the British way because part of the reason I like it is because it's Italian (as is my family, at least that's our one major identification) but whatever! Ann is both grandmas' middle names so while I like it better with an "e" (thanks Miss Shirley! lol) it seemed a nice tribute to our mommies

For boys, right now Nathan seems to be the top choice. I'd like a three-syllable name for the middle name (we have a harsh one syllable last name)... I'm thinking Forrester, Emerson, Benedict... that's still VERY up in the air! But then again, I'd better check to see if I need to do a saint's name (we're Catholic)-- I've heard that in fact it doesn't have to be and the kids pick their confirmation name from the saints. That way we'd leave them more good options, right?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy4tmama
I really love these names! I am very partial to names that have meaning and are different, what was your source?
It was the first site that popped up when I googled "baby name" - www.babynames.com

I just started searching by gender and origin - and scrolling through the list.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:56 PM

Some of the names we like right now are:

Lucia
Paloma
Rosanda
Birdie
Sebastian
Bruno

My son's middle name is my dad's name, and my daughter's first and middle names are after my mom and sister ... makes me feel like I have to use one of my dh's family names for a middlename this time around -- aack! Does anyone know any variations of "Barbara" that are nice?? If it's a boy we can include his family by using dh's name.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:30 AM

Names I love but DH has vetoed

Attucus
Oberon
Zane

Aurelia
Lenore (although I will probably win on this one and we'll use it for a middle name if we have a daughter)

ETA it's funny when we were pg with ds 1 we had such a hard time with boy names but now after having two boys we're finding we boy names easier to come up with than girl names.....hmmm I wonder what that means........
Any one eles have a list of names you love but have been totaly vetoed by your so

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 AM

Hey how do we get someone to make this thread a sticky?

Old 08-22-2006, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Well, everyone around me is convinced that we're having a girl this time. They all say they have that "girl feeling". I'm starting to feel inclined to agree since I suddenly have the most incredible sweet tooth, just like I did with Ayla. With Mason, all I wanted was protein/meat, but now I am eating the strangest things. I've gone from being a total healthnut to downing two bowls of Fruit Loops in the morning, craving pastries dripping in butter and sucking on hard candies all day long. I actually fell asleep last night dreaming of Jolly Ranchers!

Anyway, back to names-DH said this weekend that he wants to name our daughter London.

London.

I think I like it. I'm thinking London Skye W.... I want the middle name to be something simple and celestial. Ayla's mn is Star and I'd like to tie the two together like that, ykwim?

What do you guys think?
Old 08-22-2006, 02:56 PM

We would like our children to all have the same initals, PCD. They were also DH's mom's initals and she passed away 11 years ago. SO we have picked Paige Carol for a girl
Parker Chapman for a boy.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzydotes
I can't believe someone picked my name!

It's the name of an old family friend and about 3 years ago I thought if I ever had a girl, Edie would be a lovely name I also like Enid.

I haven't given names much thought yet (bad me!) but for a boy I like Vincent, Dominic, Francis (shortened to Frankie).

I named my son Francis. He is 2 1/2. We call him Franky. Everyone thought we were crazy at first, but now everyone loves it! It is a family name. And it has alot of nicknames.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapejuicemama
Anyway, back to names-DH said this weekend that he wants to name our daughter London.

London.

I think I like it. I'm thinking London Skye W.... I want the middle name to be something simple and celestial. Ayla's mn is Star and I'd like to tie the two together like that, ykwim?

What do you guys think?
I love the name London! I would totally put that on my list of possibilities if our last name didn't start w/ an "N". (I have a wierd thing about names oozing together like that....no offense if that applies to anybody)
Old 08-23-2006, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

I'm the same way, but luckily, my last name starts with a W and there aren't very many names that end with W!
Old 08-23-2006, 02:17 PM

i have this 'thing' where my kid's names HAVE to go together but CAN NOT sound the same AT ALL! so no names with the same begining or ending letter. this comes from me being Margaret and my sister being Martha. the 'Mar' kills us! everyone gets our names confussed. half the time i'm Martha. grrrrrrrrr...

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 08-23-2006, 10:07 PM

I change my mind all the time about names but for now I'm liking Leah for a girl and Lincoln for a boy.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:27 PM

We've settled on Ziva Inari for a girl and we're debating on Asher Nathaniel or Jaden Bryce for a boy. We have a list of 15 or 20 names... we're just trying to decide which name gets to be used first!

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 08-24-2006, 09:49 PM

We have been now between:

Grietje Dael or Samara Rose( i think this one will be the one)
Old 08-25-2006, 02:31 AM

I would adore the name Jane for a girl. I have always loved it. Unfortunately, my husband's last name is Bond and for obvious reasons, that won't work. So we're using Jane as a middle name... Zipporah Jane. I love it. However, I think we're going to go with Ziva Inari for our first one (provided she is a she). I love names from other ethnic origins. We're Messianic, so we want the names to have some Hebrew in them (first or middle) but other ethnic names as well. Ziva is Hebrew and means brilliance, Inari is Japanese and means successful one. Our boy names are Jaden Bryce- Jaden means God has heard and Bryce means fast moving or Asher Nathaniel- Asher is Hebrew and means blessed or happy and Nathaniel is Hebrew and means gift of God. I have a fat list of names at babynames.com

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 08-25-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynnMarilynn
Orion James (other top contender right now)
That's interesting. DH's grandpa's name was Orion, but we never considered using it.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:23 AM

Lillian Rose
Rosalina Clarice
Isaac Elisha

Dunno really
Old 10-06-2006, 02:42 AM

Sorry - I removed because of privacy paranoia
Old 10-06-2006, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Xander Axel seems like overkill on the "X"s, but I want to stay with a middle name that starts with "A". Okay, one more stipulation: the middle name CANNOT end with the letter "N" because I think w/ my last name starting w/ "N", it would make the names blur together.

Whew! I'm picky! : Anyone have any ideas?
Xander Andrew

Heehee:

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
Old 10-06-2006, 12:25 PM

My dd is Skye Kathryn...I named her

My ds is Christopher Charles...DH named him

DH said I get to name this one, which I feel it's a boy.

If it's a girl, she'll be Tierra Casmire....Tierra is spanish for land/earth. Casmire is a slavic name

Boy??? I always loved Sebastian, but it's becoming so common. Now I'm thinking of Jaden
Old 10-06-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Xander Andrew

Heehee:

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 10-06-2006, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn_wants_3 View Post
Boy??? I always loved Sebastian, but it's becoming so common. Now I'm thinking of Jaden
Really? I've never met a Sebastian before, though by sister's cabbage patch doll was Sebastian. I've seen a number of kids named Jaden (both boy and girl).

Old 10-06-2006, 01:32 PM

I'm bitter about LOST. I think every name that I like (other than Desmond) is on that show. bitter, bitter, bitter. It is going to throw those names into popularity just like Rachel and Emma.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:48 PM

I love looking for names! I have my girl name if that is what we have
Abby Clover, I just love it. NO idea for a boy Have to look yet.

Midwife & Mom to Gracen 9 luxlove.gif, Avery 6joy.gif Urijah 4superhero.gif Greta Sue, 9-9-10babyf.gifuc.jpg  Oh Baby! 1sttri.gif Due in April

Old 10-06-2006, 02:16 PM

Please tell me what you think:

My DH and I have been tossing around Inanna lately. We both really like it, but are afraid of people mispronouncing it...do you think kids would make fun of it in school? We certainly don't want that, either. It's pronounced EEE-nah-nah. We'd call her either Ani or Noni. It's a Goddess...Queen of Heaven. I especially like it because it contains Anna, which is a family name, but at the same time our DD would have her own name.

User Tag List