Obviously, I am way too old for this. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, I'm only 33 (34 in a week!) but I am just freaking exhausted. I've been napping and then going to bed at 9:30, and I keep falling asleep at the dinner table or when I'm reading story. I really don't remember it being this bad the first three times.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 08-09-2006, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ha! That's how my dh knew I was pregnant - early to bed, late to rise and a nap in the middle! I was the same way with my first baby, too.
#3 of 11 Old 08-10-2006, 09:44 AM

Interestingly, I am much older than with my other 2. I was 25 and 27 then, and now I am 34. But this pregnancy I am not as tired as I remember being with my first. Maybe my "new normal" in life is to be constantly waaaaaaaay more tired than before I had kids... I am finding mid-afternoon I neeeeed a nap, and by 930 I am toast, but with my first I was dead-tired, can't-keep-my-eyes-open tired and this time, so far, I am pretty ok. Saying that, I have now cursed myself and will immediately start narcolepsy mid-afternoon...
#4 of 11 Old 08-10-2006, 11:09 AM

Well I'm 28 and tired! I've been napping with dd everyday, and then I end up falling asleep with her at night...around 8:00!
#5 of 11 Old 08-10-2006, 12:04 PM

I'm 22 and I'm tired too! With my last pregnancy though, it was sheer exhaustion. It was so bad I was lucky if I could stand long enough to make myself some food...I hope it doesn't get that bad this time!
#6 of 11 Old 08-10-2006, 03:08 PM

Don't feel bad, I'm only 24 and EXHAUSTED. I also work full time with two kiddos and a hubby (we all know they take a lot of work too). I can hardly keep up. DH doesn't quite get it because to him, the pregnancy isn't very real until he can see my bump. :yawning:

I'm so ready to crash and it's only 11.
#7 of 11 Old 08-10-2006, 03:09 PM

I know being sleepy is normal for a preggo lady, but if you seem more tired than usual...you might want to have your hemoglobin checked Low iron levels are common when preggo and easily "fixed" Just a suggestion

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#8 of 11 Old 08-10-2006, 04:29 PM

I'll be 34 in December and am also more tired with this pregnancy (this is my 2nd). Might be because I'm chasing a 14 mos old around the house all day!!! Also, my dr said that generally with subsequent pregnancies, you will show earlier, have BH contractions earlier, and be more tired.
#9 of 11 Old 08-10-2006, 07:28 PM

Youre more tired with subsequent pregnancies because you have more kids to chase WHILE your pregnant!!

Im 37, have three kiddos, a dh and I woh.

The sleepiness is the worst to me, becuase I CANT nap in the middle of the day!!!

Ive been tired, but it hasnt really hit me full effect yet. Or maybe its cuz Im on prenatals and iron already and have been since pg. with dd three years ago!! Who knows?

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#10 of 11 Old 08-10-2006, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to go get a good prenatal tomorrow morning (yes, I know I should have done that by now). Hopefully I can keep it down. Yesterday I threw up in the middle of the K-mart. For a few seconds, I actually thought about spitting it out on one of the nice plush Martha Steward towels. (I didn't!)

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#11 of 11 Old 08-10-2006, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoefairy3
I know being sleepy is normal for a preggo lady, but if you seem more tired than usual...you might want to have your hemoglobin checked Low iron levels are common when preggo and easily "fixed" Just a suggestion
Thanks! Could low progesterone be making me tired?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page