Anyone deal with hyperemesis? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-22-2006, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am taking it day by day but with my last pregnancy I had hyperemesis and have been told it will happen again. I am looking for a DD partner that has has experience with this....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2006, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
YESSSSSS!!! both my girls. by now i should be sick but am only feeling a little nauseas so i'm taking it slow. how bad was yours? with both i lost nearly 30lbs in 3 weeks. i eneded up in the hospital a few times. we REALLY can not afford that this time around.
it won;t nessisarily happen again. they dont really know what causes it but i know that both my doctors had told me it was a 50-50 deal. i was also told that i could possibly be getting sick because of the excess estrogen in my system from my girls BUT hat could be a load of Dr. bull. you never really know. maybe get a prescription of Zofran and keep it handy? i have some left over from a year ago with Mable. here's hoping we don't need it!!

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 08-22-2006, 01:53 PM

Hi , I'm suffering with my second hg pregnancy , i was in hospital on drips on and off for two months ( mostly on ) , it's now mostly under control with zofran and cyclazine. My dd id 22nd Jan so i'm about 18 weeks at the moment. This is just my experience but i do find that with good doctors who will help you to manage the syptoms well , it calms down to a degree eventually!: I'd just like to offer you a big hug and direct you to Help HERhyperemesis.org, where there are loads of other women who you can talk to about this condition and maybe gain some support and some helpful advice. Good luck and best wishes for the rest of you pg.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:00 PM

Old 08-22-2006, 02:09 PM

Hi! Not in your DDC, but I am trying to learn all I can. I had pretty bad NVP with DS. It only lasted 7 months, and not the whole time, and this pregnancy, I am 18 weeks, and I still really struggle. It has been better this time because I had regular acupuncture for most of the first trimester. That helped so much and I was able to stop losing weight. I still am a few pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight, but I have actually been *hungry* (if you can imagine that!) a couple of times during the second trimester. And I have vomited fewer than 10 times in the last two weeks.

Next week, I am going to see a new homeopathic practitioner. I am kind of giving up on my previous one. At the times when I can't stop vomiting at all, I get severe migraines. I will let you know whether I see any success there.

About the acupuncture: I can really recommend it. It costs a lot of money, which we had to get from our savings, and some my mother gave me (thank goodness!). It helped so much that I think it is worth taking out a loan for.

BTW: doesn't this suck, and don't you get irritated with those ladies who "feel great" the whole time? Ugh. It is so weird to me. When not pregnant, I have a great appetite, enjoy working out everyday, and am very healthy. So, what's the deal?

Anyway, good luck to us all!

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
Old 08-22-2006, 03:36 PM

Same here, my last three pregnancies have been awful. I called my OB yesterday to call in some Zofran. Hoepfully i can get away with just one a day. The sickness is not too bad this time yet, but i am only 6 1/2 weeks along. It is such an awful feeling.

Good luck!
Kate
Old 08-23-2006, 02:14 PM

how is everyone feeling today?!

i've been nauseas but not TOO nauseas. hopefully it sticks.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 09-09-2006, 08:17 AM

I had HG with my last pregnancy in the LAST trimester. Interestingly enough, I had no m/s at all in the early months. This pregnancy I'm definitely queasy in the morning, but no vomiting. I had to leave my job three months before my due date because of the nausea and dizziness. I didn't get IV drips either. i wish I'd known about them. I read somewhere that Unisom and B6 is effective. I tried all the prescription drugs including Zofran and steroids, but they didn't help. The steroids did help my pubis symphysis dysfunction, though. What other vitamins are supposed to help?

Roslyn (46) Whitney (45) Luke (5/04) (boy due 5/11) 
Old 09-09-2006, 09:10 AM

I had HE during my last pg also. Lost 15lbs and silly me only went in for hydration IV's twice, and that was toward week 22... *sigh* Things that I am going to try, nibbling on protein somethings all day long. Sipping something fluid like all day long. I want to try to have have a little something in the tummy at all times. Since I know the sickies are coming, I want to try to keep them from snowballing into the evil HE monster.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:29 AM

I had HE with all four of my pregnancies. It started at about 11 weeks each time & lasted until birth. I was housebound almost the entire pregnancy. I only found relief in my last pregnancy. I had always been advised that taking vitamin B-6 would help. It had done nothing. Well I came across a package of sublingual (under the tongue ) tablets at Trader Joe's that claimed that 90% of the vitamin is absorbed by that route. What the heck; I tried it. Amazingly; I only tossed my cookies about twice a day for the duration.

I would highly recommend trying it. It is B-12/B-6/Folic Acid. It only cost me about $8 bucks for 100 tabs.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilnikche
I had HE with all four of my pregnancies. It started at about 11 weeks each time & lasted until birth. I was housebound almost the entire pregnancy. I only found relief in my last pregnancy. I had always been advised that taking vitamin B-6 would help. It had done nothing. Well I came across a package of sublingual (under the tongue ) tablets at Trader Joe's that claimed that 90% of the vitamin is absorbed by that route. What the heck; I tried it. Amazingly; I only tossed my cookies about twice a day for the duration.

I would highly recommend trying it. It is B-12/B-6/Folic Acid. It only cost me about $8 bucks for 100 tabs.
What is the Brand name? Can I order it online???
Old 09-09-2006, 10:59 PM

It is the Trader Joe's brand. I will try to Google it later to see who else sells it.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:14 PM

Well, I got the B6 and the Unisom. Tried it last night, and guess what? No m/s this morning!!!! Slept like a log though, but that's okay because I haven't been sleeping well. I looked for sublingual B6 but couldn't find it. They did have the combo, but I apparently didn't read your gilnikche and didn't realize you had the combo. I may go back and get it. But I simply chewed up the B6 by itself. And yes, it was nasty, but at this point I'm just thrilled not to spend my day heaving.

Roslyn (46) Whitney (45) Luke (5/04) (boy due 5/11) 
Old 09-14-2006, 04:23 PM

I also have HG. I apparently had it with my last pregnancy also, but it was undiagnosed. This time I'm taking Zofran. I'm usually okay with just one a day. I still throw up a few times each day, but overall I feel much better. Hyperemesis is AWFUL! I've heard lots of great stuff about B6 and Unisom also. I already have enough Zofran to last me to the end of the first trimester (which is when I started feeling better last time), but I plan on trying the B6/Unisom combo with my next pregnancy.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:09 PM

I had Hyperemesis with Preg #1 only and this is my third. The most aggravating things was not finding relief from any one thing consistently.

Pam

User Tag List