Telling a few people at work tomorrow... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 09-12-2006, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a bit nervous, because it will mean that I will be out from Spring Break until the end of the school year.

I figure, I am 11 weeks, and I had an appointment today that showed all is well so...

Wish me luck?
#2 of 14 Old 09-12-2006, 10:35 PM

Good luck tomorrow -- hope it all goes well! I will also be announcing soon since it won't be long before everyone can tell just by looking anyway!
#3 of 14 Old 09-12-2006, 10:37 PM

Good luck! I'm sure it will go fine, and if it doesn't, well people can be jerks and you can use it as an excuse to pamper yourself!
#4 of 14 Old 09-13-2006, 10:35 AM

Good luck, Kelsi! I'm telling my boss today, too!!! He'll actually be the first one IRL that I tell (the announcement "gift" is in the mail to my MIL and she'll know either Thursday or Friday). I'm also telling him my last fulltime day will be September 29th, so he's getting an earful today! I'll be telling the rest of the office on Friday after we (hopefully!!) hear the heartbeat on Thursday! Wish me luck, too! I'm sooo nervous!
#5 of 14 Old 09-13-2006, 11:46 AM

I told my *boss* last Friday (I am an apprentice midwife, so I am not exactly working for her, although I do work in the holistc healthcare office she owns as well as apprenticing), and she was awesome. We talked a little about how I would handle going to births after the baby comes, and about bringing baby to the office with me. It went very well. I hope all goes well for you, too.
#6 of 14 Old 09-13-2006, 01:33 PM

Good luck!
#7 of 14 Old 09-13-2006, 05:06 PM

Let us know how it goes! I found that I was much more at ease at work when I told the staff and my students. I even slept better at night. And they were SO supportive when I was running out of the room asking someone in the halls to cover for me (w/ MS)

Good luck!
#8 of 14 Old 09-13-2006, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Everything went well (so far, our school has~60 staff and I've only told about 10). I sent an email with a stork holding a baby (afterschool) and I got a lot of congratulations and good wishes. I do feel much better after telling those people I see most regularly
#9 of 14 Old 09-14-2006, 01:59 PM

Yay!

People that work in a school must love children, so you would anticipate they would be excited when a fellow staffer is getting ready to welcome a new one, right?

I bet it feels great to get it off your chest!

My last pregnancy, I told my boss at about four months and he was like, "I've known the whole time! You spend half the day puking in the bathroom!" He has five daughters.

I told him the day after we found out this time around. Good thing too, since I'm repeating the half-day-in-the-bathroom thing.
#10 of 14 Old 09-14-2006, 02:47 PM

My meeting with my boss went really well yesterday. I'm sleeping better and quite giddy now.
#11 of 14 Old 09-23-2006, 11:04 AM

I hope it went well!!

I haven't told anyone besides my principal. I probably wouldn't have told her that early, except I was concerned about placement of an autistic child in my class and I wanted to be sure that she thought this child would be ok with me not finishing the year off. She was really sweet and has been terrific at keeping it mum.

I really dread telling my team, because I don't know if they will be supportive or not. With my old staff, I felt totally comfortable telling them. I wish I did with this group.

I am not telling anyone else at work until I hear the heartbeat--which hopefully will happen at my appt on the 10th.
#12 of 14 Old 09-23-2006, 04:06 PM

I am really glad to hear people are telling others (meaning non-family or not as close friends) at 11 weeks.
We are having an equinox/birthday party for my husband tonight, and I was planning on telling a some casual friends, including some people I work with. This being my first pregancy, I was worried that this was too early, I am 11 weeks today.
I will not be telling people at work for a while, however. I would guess I have at least a few weeks before they can really tell. This is my first, and I still fit in my jeans (except for my "skinny jeans" that I'm afraid to try...)
I think we'll wait until next week, when we hear the heartbeat, to tell the rest of our world, people that are out of town, etc.
Really, I am just happy to know other people tell at this time. I had a friend who said that some women were really mean and aggressive to her when she made (even discreet) announcements to friends before 12 weeks.
Wish me luck!

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#13 of 14 Old 09-24-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenger View Post
I am really glad to hear people are telling others (meaning non-family or not as close friends) at 11 weeks.
We are having an equinox/birthday party for my husband tonight, and I was planning on telling a some casual friends, including some people I work with. This being my first pregancy, I was worried that this was too early, I am 11 weeks today.
I will not be telling people at work for a while, however. I would guess I have at least a few weeks before they can really tell. This is my first, and I still fit in my jeans (except for my "skinny jeans" that I'm afraid to try...)
I think we'll wait until next week, when we hear the heartbeat, to tell the rest of our world, people that are out of town, etc.
Really, I am just happy to know other people tell at this time. I had a friend who said that some women were really mean and aggressive to her when she made (even discreet) announcements to friends before 12 weeks.
Wish me luck!
That is awful about your friend! I couldn't help telling everyone as soon as we found out with both preg. I just figured I would want them to know why I was sad if I ms. So do what feels right to you.
#14 of 14 Old 09-25-2006, 01:36 PM

The equinox/birthday party went well!
I pulled aside a few girlfriends, and said something like, don't scream, I'm pregnant. My husband didn't tell anyone all night, then, after I had gone to bed, and the last revelars were hanging out, he told a sort-of random group of people. See, I told trusted friends, he just needed to tell people. I guess I have been slowly letting my closest friends, while he has just told family and really close friends.
It ended up being great, even the random group at the end. One of that group had two young ones at home, and I think offered the use of her birthing tub. She was someone I had never even met before! Yeah, they well all excited and supportive.
I am less than one week from 12 weeks, Friday we are going to listen for the heartbeat, and then I'll really feel o.k. about letting it out.
Thanks MonTana Momma for your support!

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page