So, how much weight so far? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 09-13-2006, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am freaking out a teeny tiny bit here. I gained about 3 lbs last week after only gaining a couple in the previous 3. I had a super big appetite last week, with little energy. So, right now I am up 6 lbs- started at 124 this time. Last time I started at about 122 and had gained 4 lbs by week 6, so I guess I am doing a bit better. I have really tried to watch what I eat better this time, and only eat to hunger. Thankfully the fact that I am not craving icecream all the time has got to help!

I know that weight gain is normal and natural. I know I am being irrational here. I just don't want to be a beached miserable whale for the last 3 mo like list time. I have really tried to be more active as well, of course with a toddler it is hard not to be. We have been spending a lot of time out and about walking and such.

So, how is everyone else doing?

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#2 of 33 Old 09-13-2006, 10:04 AM

I've been stressing a little, too. I started out, ahem, a little heavier than you ... ... at 274.5. As of today (10w4d) I've gained 3.5 lbs. I started my 1st pregnancy at 270 and gained 33 lbs. Even though I lost all but 4 of that, I really want to keep my weight gain down this time. It's difficult when the only things that don't make you sick are bread, potatoes and popsicles.: Unfortunately, the ONLY exercise I'm getting is toddler-wrestling, and not nearly enough of that. I bought a couple of prenatal exercise videos, but have only managed to do one of them, once. I'm just too freaking sick & tired. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, things will get better in a couple of weeks.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#3 of 33 Old 09-13-2006, 10:30 AM

I gained three pounds in one week when I had an appetite that wouldn't quit. So far at 12 weeks (today!), I've gained 5 pounds total. Luckily, I have not had a sweet tooth at all--in fact, even OJ is too sweet sometimes. That has helped immensely. I never had m/s, so I think my weight gain is just fine (I've heard 2-4 pounds in the first trimester is "normal"). I started out a bit heavier than I would've liked (around 10-15 pounds), but I'm feeling good about my body now.

Definitely need to exercise more--but with the insomnia and fatigue it's been quite impossible to get motivated! Right now I'm giving myself permission to let things happen or not and I'm not getting stressed out over it (or trying not to anyway).
#4 of 33 Old 09-13-2006, 11:38 AM

I haven't gained anything, I have lost a few pounds. I am nauseous all day long, and eating usually makes it worse. The bad part is, NOT eating makes it even worse than eating. If I am hungry, I feel a bit nauseous. If I eat something, I can get down a few bites and then I feel sick, like I just ate the whole turkey at Thanksgiving and I am about to puke. If I don't eat anything, then my stomach starts to feel like it is gnawing on itself, and I feel like I am going to dry heave.
#5 of 33 Old 09-13-2006, 01:40 PM

I have no idea...I refuse to get on a scale!
#6 of 33 Old 09-13-2006, 01:45 PM

I wish I could tell. My scales suck. I got a new set yesterday and weighed in at 126 last night. This morning I was at 124. I don't think I've gained anything though. I would have figured I'd gained a pound or two since my belly looks like it is getting pudgy. I'm not really showing at all - my belly just looks rounded out and plump.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#7 of 33 Old 09-13-2006, 03:12 PM

I starting out way too heavy. So far at 11 weeks, I haven't gained anything. That's what I want for this first trimester. My goal is the 20-25 pound range. I really don't want to see 200 on the scale.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#8 of 33 Old 09-14-2006, 04:55 PM

I was about 35 lbs overweight to begin with...

I've lost 10 pounds so far and I'm 7 weeks along. I'm eating healthy foods, drinking lots of water and of course morning sickness helps a lot!

I'm trying really hard to eat good things to make up for the smaller amounts of food I'm eating. I hope all goes well. I don't want to starve my little one!

ANyone else have this problem?

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#9 of 33 Old 09-14-2006, 05:57 PM

I don't have a scale so I don't know if I've gained or lost but I do know that even with the birthday cake that my family made me eat last night (SS's 7th birthday) I only ate about 1600 calories all day and am supposed to be eating between 2100-2400 or something like that. I'm just not that hungry these days....
I agree though, I try to just eat healthy foods and hope for the best.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#10 of 33 Old 09-14-2006, 06:42 PM

I have gained about 4 lbs. My *real* scale is at the gym and I haven't gone in a bit. But from what I remember to how that scale relates to my one at home I have just gained 2 kilos or so. I am pleased because I started out overweight and want to just put on what is healthy for pregnancy. I have been eating well but pretty slovenly. I go back on call tomorrow, so we'll see that that does to everything!
#11 of 33 Old 09-14-2006, 07:13 PM

I have not kept track. I think it might be too much of a shock for me right now!
#12 of 33 Old 09-14-2006, 07:41 PM

I think about 5lbs so far, the food aversions were bad for a few weeks thats what put the 5 on, I was only able to eat fast food for about a week, but I have been exercising right along 4-5x a week, 3-4days cardio and 2-3days weights so I'm proud of that so hopefully I wont gain more than the 5 this first trimester now that I can start to eat a little more normal

~Susan
widowed from Marc Nov. '09(love you more babe) mom to Sophia (9) Emma (8) Lily (5) :

#13 of 33 Old 09-14-2006, 07:55 PM

I went from being 134 at 5 weeks to 133 at 10. the low-to-mid 130s has always been my "high activity" weight, when i've been running long distances often, etc. And I've hardly run a lick since we've conceived, so I'm actually kind of viewing that one lb loss as a little more worrisome than usual. I feel like I should have gained weight just from sheer inactivity.

I do feel like I'm getting squishier, though, so maybe I'm just losing my muscle tone. Freaking A. That took so long ;-).
#14 of 33 Old 09-14-2006, 08:06 PM

I started at 120 and have gone down to 115, but now I'm back up to 118.

It flucuates all the time.

I'm still getting purty soft in the belly and behind, though! I've barely run at all and that probably explains the soft tush, but I don't mind a bit.

I gained about 25-30 lbs with Ayla and Mason, so I anticipate about the same with Baby Bean #3.
#15 of 33 Old 09-14-2006, 08:53 PM
RAF

I have gained a ton already, around 12-14 pounds. I started out underweight though. I also don't eat any junk food, so it is all whole foods and fairly healthy. I don't ever remember putting on this much weight this early (this is my 3rd pregnancy at 8.5 weeks) and am now really wondering if it will be twins. I won't be getting ultrasounds if I can help it, so probably won't know for sure for a while yet if I am measuring large or if there are two heartbeats. Anyway, I don't really mind the weight gain, but it is still rather shocking to me.
#16 of 33 Old 09-15-2006, 11:50 AM

I've lost 2lbs. When will this horrible morning sickness end? *weeps*
#17 of 33 Old 09-15-2006, 12:31 PM

I lost 10 in the first two weeks of m/s, but when I started taking anti-nausea medicine, I stopped losing. Since then I've stayed the same, so I'm 10 lbs. under overall.
#18 of 33 Old 09-15-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMommy
I lost 10 in the first two weeks of m/s, but when I started taking anti-nausea medicine, I stopped losing. Since then I've stayed the same, so I'm 10 lbs. under overall.
What meds are you taking for nausea? I kinda woant something, since my m/s is debilitating, but I'm not sure what's safe to take.

TIA, Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#19 of 33 Old 09-15-2006, 07:07 PM

At my 9 wk appt I'd gained 8 lbs, but I started out a little underweight, so it's ok. I put on 40+ lbs with ds, but this time I'm still nursing, so who knows! I'd like to not get quite as big as I did last time (at least not in the legs and behind! ) but my belly is definitely popping out now...

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#20 of 33 Old 09-16-2006, 01:50 AM

Iam down about 12 pounds so far. I cant really eat and what i do always comes back up.
I needed to lose some weight anyway. I just hope i dont lose 30 or 40 like i did with my last 2 pregnancies.
Morning sickness sucks!
#21 of 33 Old 09-16-2006, 06:38 AM

I'm quite a bit overweight so I tend to lose weight during the first trimester. So far I have lost 12 lbs and with the morning sickness getting somewhat worse I think I will probably lose a little more.

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#22 of 33 Old 09-16-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Mama2B~~
What meds are you taking for nausea? I kinda woant something, since my m/s is debilitating, but I'm not sure what's safe to take.

TIA, Kristi
I am taking Zofran. My midwife suggested it, and it's been wonderful. I was a little concerned because it's actually made for chemo patients and not pregnant women, but I think it's healthier than not being able to have anything in my stomach, ever. Also, I think it's worth it because I really wasn't functioning before and now I can actually live a somewhat normal life.
#23 of 33 Old 09-16-2006, 01:50 PM

#24 of 33 Old 09-16-2006, 06:33 PM

I am stressing out big time about this.. I think I have gained about 5 pounds this month... its hard to say because my regular dr, my mw and my scales all say something different. But I suspect its about 5 pounds. I am very overweight to begin with, so I was hoping to just gain the 8 pounds or so of baby.
#25 of 33 Old 09-17-2006, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMommy
I am taking Zofran. My midwife suggested it, and it's been wonderful. I was a little concerned because it's actually made for chemo patients and not pregnant women, but I think it's healthier than not being able to have anything in my stomach, ever. Also, I think it's worth it because I really wasn't functioning before and now I can actually live a somewhat normal life.
Interesting. Thanks!

#26 of 33 Old 09-19-2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Heathenmom: Unfortunately, the ONLY exercise I'm getting is toddler-wrestling,
:
#27 of 33 Old 09-19-2006, 07:44 PM

My first pregnancy, i started at 205 and gained 35-40 lbs.

This pregnancy I started at 225. So far, my weight seems to flux. I am 7 wks. I pick up 2-3 lbs one week and lose it the next. It feels like I eat every 90 minutes all day long, but they are very tiny meals.
#28 of 33 Old 09-20-2006, 09:38 AM

I've gained about a pound according to my scale.
#29 of 33 Old 09-20-2006, 11:25 PM

at 11 weeks i'm up 4 pounds. i'm coming out of the morning sickness (thankfully, since it lasted to the 8th month the first time around) and i think that is due 100% to the fact that i made myself eat by the clock. i force proportioned, healthy meals, high in carbs and protein and i eat handfuls of nuts throughout the day. the nuts really REALLY take the edge off of the constant nausea.

last time i was throwing up, this time that started at about 3 weeks but was mostly over by 5 weeks or so but i've been plagued with constant nausea and excessive salivation (which makes me more nauseated). if i pop a handful of nuts i generally feel better within 15 minutes or so, for about an hour. then i have the next handful. right now i'm on a raw cashew kick.
#30 of 33 Old 09-20-2006, 11:31 PM

12 weeks and I don't think I've gained any. My tummy seems huge but when I weighed myself at my mom's I was the same as always. I don't have a scale though so maybe by now a pound or two. I tend to start gaining slowly in the 2nd trimester and then more quickly at the end. I've gained between 40-50 lbs during each pregnancy. Though it eventually all comes off I wouldn't mind only gaining say 25-30 lbs this time

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page