Inspired eating - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 09-16-2006, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tonight we are having steak (had a craving), steamed brocoli, and mini potatoes (told ya I was craving them big time). Pretty simple, but I worked all day and didn't want to be a chef tonight.
#32 of 55 Old 09-16-2006, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#33 of 55 Old 09-24-2006, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Yesterday was a good eating day, but I had some bad nausea in the afternoon.

For breakfast I ate just yogurt and a peach. But for lunch we went to a Thai restaurant because I was craving their Spicy Thai noodles with shrimp. It is so yummy and basically glass noodles, fresh coriander, fresh Thai basil, veggies, and hot spicy goodness. I also had a small bowl of lemongrass soup and a spring roll (ok, two).

For dinner we ate steak again, mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes/cheddar cheese/garlic (divine), fresh beets, green/yellow beans, and yellow bell peppers (raw). All organic except the steak.

For breakfast I am having various cheeses (went shopping yesterday), raspberries, a nice organic gala apple, and a black plum. Yum, yum! I'm going out to a visit with a client soon that could lead to a long day, so I needed to fortify myself with anti-junk food in case that's all I can get later.

Tonight I am making a broccoli cheese soup for dinner.

All these good eats and I still haven't put on more than 2-3 pounds!
#34 of 55 Old 09-24-2006, 10:49 AM

Ok Carolyn ya making me sick here, my weight keeps a climbing. Trying to eat relatively healthy, but I am now onto the I have to eat every 2 hrs. I think I am just destined to be fat and preggo. I have to have a huge and I mean huge breakfast or I am hungry an hour later, like I ate 3 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon (farm fresh all naturale) and a big nectarine, promptly 2 hours later I had an apple and raw milk cheese. 1 .5 hrs later I had kung pao chicken and rice with some garden fresh tomatoes and greens. 2 hrs later some kefir. Another 2 hrs and a big helping of panseared steak and onions, mashed potatoes and a fresh tomato. Then about 2.5 hrs later we are in town and I had to eat again as I was about to throw up.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#35 of 55 Old 09-24-2006, 11:17 AM

Oh boy... yesterday I had a booth at a trade show type event, and ate 'fair food' all day... fries, greasy sausage on a bun, etc, etc... but I also ate apples throughout the day and had a pile of veggies for dinner when I came home.

Today is my oldest ds's birthday party, so I am preparing lots of fresh cut up fruit and veggies to go with the inevitable pizza, and then of course the cake.... if I do berries and icecream with only a little piece of the cake, I won't feel so bad...
#36 of 55 Old 09-24-2006, 06:32 PM

Last night we went to Oktoberfest at the Horse Palace! What fun! Polka bands and everything. Have you ever had fresh Ribbon Fries?? To die for! And yummy fresh chicken-dumpling soup and of course Bratwurst! I was in heaven and ds loved the dancing on the wooden dance floor.

This am, I made a fresh pumpkin - pecan pie and we had sweet potato homefries with bacon for breakfast. An egg-salad sandwich (from our own hens) and tonight smoked Cornish Game Hen (also our own) and salad.
#37 of 55 Old 09-25-2006, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry -- I am a queen-sized Mummy so I am pleased that I am not getting more queen-sized. I'll be a bit more discrete at my delight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
Ok Carolyn ya making me sick here, my weight keeps a climbing. Trying to eat relatively healthy, but I am now onto the I have to eat every 2 hrs. I think I am just destined to be fat and preggo. I have to have a huge and I mean huge breakfast or I am hungry an hour later, like I ate 3 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon (farm fresh all naturale) and a big nectarine, promptly 2 hours later I had an apple and raw milk cheese. 1 .5 hrs later I had kung pao chicken and rice with some garden fresh tomatoes and greens. 2 hrs later some kefir. Another 2 hrs and a big helping of panseared steak and onions, mashed potatoes and a fresh tomato. Then about 2.5 hrs later we are in town and I had to eat again as I was about to throw up.
#38 of 55 Old 09-26-2006, 12:56 AM

Alls forgiven :P

Ignore me as I am just bitter. I have a newly prego friend (who is no where near overweight) who only put on 15 lbs for her first pregnancy (which shocker ended up early) and then just 20 for her last. She was going off on a tangent about women gaining so much during pregnancy and eating whatever they want. I seriously want to strangle her. I gained 55 lbs last time, but seriously ate way more healthy than her, for one thing I don't down mountain dews, but I digress. Feeling bitter about this...

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#39 of 55 Old 09-26-2006, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

For all my bravado, I gained 40-50 lbs with each pregnancy. It just looks better on you when you have a baby belly, and not just a mama belly!

I jumped on the scale today and I am up another 2 pounds....poetic justice, no?
#40 of 55 Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 AM

I gained a pile of weight with my second, and vowed to be more careful this time but as of yet I have not been working out,and I"ve developed a distinct grabable 'layer' on my abdomen. It stresses me out, but I'm coping. Trying to eat well though, and to get out for a walk at least if I can't handle the gym.
#41 of 55 Old 09-26-2006, 11:25 AM

Just started the day with strawberries and bananas, and english muffin with cream cheese.
It keeps me from feeling nauseous all morning, which is a miracle!

Mama to DS 4.22.07 (ana to peanuts) and DD 10.7.09
#42 of 55 Old 09-26-2006, 04:44 PM

Yesterday:

Breakfast: oatmeal with honey, milk, and raisins
Lunch: turkey sandwich with everything (jalepenos, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onions, cheese, the works)
Supper: roast beef sandwich, 2 fried eggs

Today:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with sausage
Lunch: grilled cheese sandwich
Supper: hamburger with the works

I have minor nausea, but nothing to keep me from eating! I love to eat, and go from not at all hungry to starving very quickly. I have strong feelings about what I'm eating, though. Some things I just can't stand the thought of, and others, I crave.
#43 of 55 Old 09-26-2006, 05:14 PM

Today I had a great veggie wrap for lunch with salsa and cheese... supper will be haddock (breaded, but oh well), and a big green salad and baked potatos.
#44 of 55 Old 09-26-2006, 06:46 PM

Lunch was a Spicy chicken Fillet from Wendy's complete with jalapenos and pepper jack cheese. I forgot to ask for the extra lettuce and tomatoes like I usually do I was so excited about the jalapenos!

Dinner will be whatever hubby cooks for me, Tues is his night. I hope he does better than I have the last few nights. Sunday I had nothing and went out and got him two Double Whoppers (ugh!) and yesterday I made soup, which he had to make toast for so he wouldn't starve to death. Oh, and Saturday I boiled up some tortellini and made a salad, that was pretty healthy.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#45 of 55 Old 09-26-2006, 06:53 PM

Yay -- I must be easing out of the nauseous phase. Today I ate a large chopped salad with lots of veggies, nuts and edamame! I did combine it with a chocolate-banana milkshake , but I was pretty happy to be able to eat a salad! Also, I no longer crave McChickens (with the same intensity, anyhow...) I hope this means I am turning a corner with regard to food aversions.
#46 of 55 Old 09-26-2006, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

You know, I tried a McChicken today to see if they were *that* good, and you know what? it really wasn't. I am mourning those calories that could be ice cream now! Hmm.... ice cream.... be right back!!!!
#47 of 55 Old 09-27-2006, 03:12 AM

I'm so happy. For the past two days I've felt almost normal as far as eating goes. I haven't had to force myself to eat things and haven't had to burp them up for hours afterward. I sure hope this sticks!

I made a yummy delicious chicken caccitore last night and a chicken pot pie tonight.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#48 of 55 Old 09-27-2006, 01:55 PM

You mean there's an end to the burping?! Oh thank goodness!!!!

#49 of 55 Old 09-27-2006, 03:07 PM

woo hoo for chicken pot pie! That's what I'm making tonight... yum!

My latest indulgence... oh my goodness, I discovered danone danissimo mousse yogurt in lemon meringue pie flavor. I actually HIDE them in the fridge so nobody else can eat them. They are my new best friend!
#50 of 55 Old 09-28-2006, 02:18 PM

I made a great shepherd's pie last night for dinner. Overall it was pretty healthy except I loaded on the cheese.

This morning, I had some Malt-o-Meal, gawsh I love that stuff, two pieces of whole wheat toast and some oj.

I've been snacking on pumpkin seeds all morning. With a Reese's Pieces thrown in there once in a while for variety.

I'm going to try to go for a side salad and baked potato for lunch.
#51 of 55 Old 09-28-2006, 03:30 PM

Yesterday:
Breakfast: oatmeal cooked in apple cider, with raisins
Lunch: grilled cheese, grapes, apples
Supper: soft-boiled eggs with sourdough toast

Today:
Breakfast: blueberry/banana sourdough pancakes
Lunch: chicken noodle soup (chicken, homemade broth, carrots, celery, onions)
Supper: maybe homemade pizza, maybe something else. I think at this point, it's still a surprise to everyone, including me!

Snacks: crispy almonds, apples, apple slices with peanut butter, grapes, bananas, yogurt with berries

Chicken pot pie sounds delicious! That is always a big hit in my family.
#52 of 55 Old 09-28-2006, 03:45 PM

I made an apple crisp snack the other night in the microwave. I found the original recipe on allrecipes.com and was a little skeptical that any form of apple crisp in the microwave could be good, but it was actually tasty enough that I thought I'd share.

First, I cored and sliced two apples and spread them out into the bottom of two small creme brulee type dishes. Then, I mixed up:

1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons oats
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon

The original recipe called for 1/4 melted butter added to this, but I used 1/4 peanut butter instead and cut it in with a pastry cutter until it was nice and crumbly. I halved this mixture and spooned it over the apples in the dishes and baked it for about 10 minutes in the microwave. Yum.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#53 of 55 Old 10-01-2006, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Dinner tonight is homemade broccoli-cheese soup. Mmmmmm.

(Of course that partially makes up for the fact that at breakfast I ate a new Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich and poutine for a snack....)
#54 of 55 Old 10-01-2006, 08:44 PM

Breakfast was bacon, cheese and egg croissanwiches.
Lunch was crackers and a hot cheese/tomato and WAY too much garlic dip.
Dinner is steak and beans and potatoes.... maybe. maybe just steak.

#55 of 55 Old 10-01-2006, 10:07 PM

well, today was, how shall I say this... not the best nutritionally speaking!

I had cereal with apples and milk for breakfast.

I had (eating out) a chicken pesto sandwich and mushroom bisque soup and not one, but 2 big chocolate chip cookies, and potato chips. I can't stand potato chips, and ch.ch. cookies don't even sound good to me most days. Oh well...

I had leftover pizza and apple pie for supper. Both were homemade, but still, I've done better.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page