New chat thread for the week of 9/16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 09-16-2006, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tonight I threw up while changing my toddler's diaper. That can't be good for his self-esteem. :

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 32 Old 09-16-2006, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hee hee! That's funny. The little guy I babysit has been making me gag too...and not only his poo....just looking at him while he eats....looking at the half-chewed up soggy animal cracker in his grubby little hand.....his yucky crusty runny nose.....ick! Every bit of gooey stuff oozing out of the cute little booger makes me want to barf.

I haven't puked WHILE changing him yet, though. You win!!!
#3 of 32 Old 09-16-2006, 11:22 PM

i haven't puked changing a diaper yet but all weekend i have been using it as an excuse to make Dh change our youngest, cause the thought makes me want to barf lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#4 of 32 Old 09-16-2006, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

I also can't open the fridge without gagging. Poor hubby.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#5 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 12:50 AM

Has anyone tried the preggy pops? I doubt they'd work on serious nausea but they do help take the edge off for me between meals (which I seem to need every hour or so!). Other than that discovery, I feel about the same and am soooo looking forward to this nausea tapering off. Also, I still get very exhausted in the afternoons.
#6 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 03:29 AM

Doing lots of work around the house here this weekend. I figure that we will try to get as much stuff done as possible before I have no energy and m/s kicks in full force. Need to get the old yucky couch down to the curb to make room for the kids to have a play area that isn't in the living room.

I have also been using stinky dipes as an excuse to get dh to change dipes. Hey, gotta use what works right? Off to try and get the baby to sleep.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#7 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 08:16 AM

You guys are cracking me up!

I am lucky here, feeling good most of the time. Really as long as I eat healthy I stay feeling good(avoiding mostly grains and other processed foods). Actually, most all nauseau I have is during the night. We were busy running around today and am looking forward to staying home tomorrow and eating the farm fresh eggs I bought along with the wonderful "natural anti/pest free" bacon I am going to have for breakfast along with a huge piece of cantaloupe.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#8 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 11:13 AM

I have a lovely side-effect of pregnancy: pimples. Everywhere. On my waist, behind my ears, on my back, some on my face... ugh.

I still am not showing any more than about 2 weeks ago. My breasts are a lot less sore, and my nausea is much better. But then again I am almost 12 weeks, so that all makes sense. I sneaked a listen at the little bug and heard the heartbeat at 165-170 for about 5 seconds, then felt guilty, and put.the.doppler.down. I am trying so hard not to worry in this stage, but failing miserably. Here I preach reduction in ultrasound, and I am using a doppler on my own kid (3 times now : ). But with the reduction in symptoms and a small belly, I was worried. Am I forgiven?
#9 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 11:29 AM

Forgiven. I bet the 5 seconds (15 total?) of exposure to the doppler are better than the days worth of worry hormones seeping into the baby through the placenta.

I am hoping to avoid u/s exposure as well. But, it did cross my mind that what if its missing a body part or organ or something? My mw does not offer u/s, so I don't even know how I'd get around that one, but I bet if I mentioned it to my mw that I was having a bit of irrational concern about missing body parts she would make me feel better.
#10 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 11:35 AM

your forgiven!!! i think if i had one i would be trying too also!!! i am glad i don't have one!! and cringe when i hear all these mommys renting/ buying them now!
but if there was one here that i could just pick up even knowing i shouldn't i would!

i can't even walk in the kitchen without gaging!! but this morning i tryed something new, i got up and puked, and then made tea and food for my self not the kids and took half a b-6 so 50mg and now i am feeling ok, so i can maybe feed the kids without gagging!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#11 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 12:40 PM

Totally forgiven. If I had access to a doppler, there'd be trouble.... I'd have to have someone hide it from me, even though I, too am opposed to unnessecary ultrasound exposure.

Its just so easy to get all worked up into a category 5 worry... and then we're doing what we said we wouldn't. Ugh. I'm glad my hyper paranoia tends to fade away once I give birth. Despite being a panicky pregnant lady, I am quite a relaxed mom.
#12 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovingmama
Has anyone tried the preggy pops? I doubt they'd work on serious nausea but they do help take the edge off for me between meals (which I seem to need every hour or so!). Other than that discovery, I feel about the same and am soooo looking forward to this nausea tapering off. Also, I still get very exhausted in the afternoons.
I tried the preggy pop drops. They do take the edge off, but I suspect they're just really overpriced sour hard candies.

#13 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie
I tried the preggy pop drops. They do take the edge off, but I suspect they're just really overpriced sour hard candies.
Yup, that is exactly what they are! But I do crave sweet/sour so that's probably why they help. And they are delicious!
#14 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 06:21 PM

Carolyn (or do you prefer CarolynMarilyn?), of course you are forgiven! I am with you on the reduce u/s.....yet I had one at 8 weeks because I had no idea how far along I was. I know I could have waited for other landmarks-hearing the hb for the first time, feeling movement, fundal height....but it is a tool that was there and we used it. I agree about the stress hormones too....tht isn't good for baby either.

I feel like dog poop these days. I am barely getting through each day doing the bare minimum to survive. If I don't eat often enough, the nausea is worse, but eating makes me nauseous too. I am soooooo stinking tired too. I fall asleep early at night, and usually feel okay for a few hours. But then around 1:00pm, I am ready for a nap again. Speaking of which..it is after 1:00....I need to sleep.
#15 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 07:53 PM

I am so sorry many of you guys are feeling so rotten. It *will* get better, just hang in there, and don't be afraid to ask for help if it is out of control.

Thanks for your kind words to me. I am happy to not be worrying anymore. I am a relaxed mom, too, but apparently I suck at being relaxed in pregnancy. But I will try harder!

Carolynn is just fine -- thanks for asking.

I am so grateful for this DDC!
#16 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 08:43 PM

i have a few updates. we had an ultrasound on thursday, and saw the little baby moving around! swoon.

i'm also still fighting this constant nausea. i've been throwing up more often, however. i think i'm getting tired and less diligent with eating often - that might be it.

they also adjusted my due date a little bit, back to where the internet has said all along . i'm now april 8th, measuring at 11 weeks exactly today. (i think). now for the Very Important Question: does the i-can't-believe-it's-just-around-the-corner 2nd trimester start at the beginning of 12 weeks, or at the end of 12 weeks? ;-). i need to know.

i alos just bought Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin, and seem to like it a bit more than Ina May's Guide To Childbirth. i like the detailed section for midwives in the back, and the many colorful terms she uses for vagina .

that is all. :-)
#17 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 10:21 PM

I think that the third trimester starts at 13+0 completed weeks. So you are *in* your 14th week, but haven't completed it. (just like you are in your first year, but 0 completed years).
#18 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 10:22 PM

Oh and I only have 9 more days to go of the first trimester!
#19 of 32 Old 09-17-2006, 11:58 PM

Must be nice to be on your way to the second trimester. For me it seems like it is eons away. According to the internet I won't get to my second trimester until Oct 22. *sniffle*

I am slacking right now to answer posts, so I better get back to cleaning. We have people in our house tomorrow, and I don't want to keel over from embarassment from the huge mess.

#20 of 32 Old 09-18-2006, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynnMarilynn
Oh and I only have 9 more days to go of the first trimester!
I can't wait for the 2nd trimester! Some relief from nausea (hopefully) and feeling more confident that my sweetie is here to stay!
#21 of 32 Old 09-18-2006, 04:06 AM

I have been feeling pretty good! I only get a couple minor waves of nausea a couple times a day, although I've been getting some headaches lately. My jeans still fit, and I've gained about 5 lbs (thank you, Taco Bell!). We saw the babe on u/s at 9 weeks, 1 day, and it looked fab and cute and was measuring right on date. It was kicking away and it's little arms were waving around. :
#22 of 32 Old 09-18-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Tonight I threw up while changing my toddler's diaper. That can't be good for his self-esteem.
:

too funny!!

Hang in there.
#23 of 32 Old 09-19-2006, 01:07 AM

SOunds like many of us are doing better... yay! Hang in there Mamas! Oct. 22 is just around the corner... really!
#24 of 32 Old 09-19-2006, 01:59 AM

Still. So. Very. Sick.

I have a cold too...postnasal drip + morning sickness...so unfair!!!

My 3-1/2 year old is potty trained but lately has had an aversion to pooping and holds it just as long as she possibly can and then she has to poop about 5 times in a row over a period of an hour or so. And she's having poopy time right now. At least she can wipe her own butt pretty well. Of course I do the 'final' wipe when she's completely done pooping, since we're cosleeping and all...

OK. This has turned into just waaaay TMI! :

I'm up, fretting about getting one last thing done before my cleaning lady comes tomorrow. And then, one MORE last thing. etc, etc, etc. Plus the aforementioned poopy time precludes my going to bed just yet...

sigh. I have nothing of value to add here. I'll just end this post and talk to myself instead! :
#25 of 32 Old 09-20-2006, 12:46 PM

Happy happy joy joy
Happy happy joy joy
Happy happy joy joy
Happy happy joy joy

I feel better today.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#26 of 32 Old 09-20-2006, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Me too! It's Wednesday. I always feel better on Wednesdays.

#27 of 32 Old 09-20-2006, 02:52 PM

I'm feeling okie-dokie. Tired as heck, but that's my fault because I stayed up late and took my m/s drugs late last night. Hubby and I don't have T.V. but somehow, we ended up renting LOST on DVD, so now we will be addicts this entire week or so until we finish the series. I'm gonna be tired.

I am eating like it's goin' outta style, though! Now that my m/s is much, much better, I'm making up for lost time.

For the most part, I'm eating healthy, but I do confess I ate an entire DQ burger with a shake and fries yesterday! (Oh, and then chinese for dinner. Whoops)

Broccoli and carrots for breakfast, lunch and dinner today!

(Ignore the choc. chip and orange muffine I split with DS for breakfast......)
#28 of 32 Old 09-20-2006, 03:14 PM

Things are going pretty good here, though if I don't get my nap in the morning my whole day is shot to heck! OMGoodness do my boobs hurt when dd is nursing! Sometimes it is almost enough for me to want her totally off the boob all together. It is getting better, but man the first minute or two are really uncomfy for me.

I have to admit that being due so late makes me jealous of all you other Mama's who have already been down the m/s road or are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't even started down the tunnel yet, and it has me a wee bit worried. :

More later must change a dipe.

#29 of 32 Old 09-20-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Me too! It's Wednesday. I always feel better on Wednesdays.
wow, it's Wednesday already? This week is going by so fast.

12 weeks today. Only up 1 pound. I'm trying to be so good, but boy are the dress pants getting tighter and tighter for work. I'm in maternity jeans to run around in at home. I'm comfy there.

It's a little hard to be pg at work. My secretary and I are plotting how long to take off for maternity leave. That's the good part. The hard part is there is a secretary in a nearby area that is doing her 2nd round of clomid and nothing is happening. And her sister just announced another pg (little guy is not even 1) and her friend from church is expecting quads (clomid). Lots of hormones around here, just not in her.

Speaking of pukey, we moved the garbage can that used to be just inside the garage to the other end of the garage so I don't have to walk by it or smell it when someone comes in from the garage. Too much.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#30 of 32 Old 09-20-2006, 07:48 PM

So glad it is Wednesday! And still pg!!! And still have MS. bleh! Last night we had a bear in our yard and DH didn't know why our dog was barking like a maniac. He stepped out the door and the motionlight turned on and he was face-to-face with the bear! Scary! 3 or 4 weeks ago it was a cougar prowling around. We keep a close eye on ds. More later. Have a great Wed!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page