I think I may be having a miscarriage - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 09-24-2006, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gardenmommy I was just wondering how things were going for you? I was also wondering if you have had an ultrasound at any point in this pregnancy... if you have you may feel comforted to know that the risk of miscarriage goes WAY down once a heartbeat is determined.

Anyways, I'm thinking about you and your baby and praying for the best. And I understand what you mean about it being in God's hands. I was the same way when I was spotting.... you don't want to lose the baby, but you have to trust in the way things go, an the fact that there must be a reason for things.... hang in there!
#32 of 45 Old 09-24-2006, 09:29 PM

I am thinking about you as well.
#33 of 45 Old 09-25-2006, 02:05 PM

Praying for God's will!

Have to say too, being sick and uncomfortable is a still great sign!

Rachel, wife to Brian, mother of 5. Lover of birth.
Blog on profile.
#34 of 45 Old 09-25-2006, 05:33 PM

Checking in to see how you are feeling. Any news?
#35 of 45 Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, well I am cautiously optimisic. Today is the second day with no spotting at all, and Sunday I had next to none (just a very little in the morning). I spoke with my midwife yesterday morning. She was also cautiously optimisitc, given that I haven't had any more bright red, and no cramping since earlier last week. She told me what I already know: take it easy, be kind to myself, eat good food, drink plenty, rest when I can, etc.

I am hoping and praying that this means that this one will be here in 7 months, and not with the Lord. Please continue to pray for me. I really appreciate it!
#36 of 45 Old 09-26-2006, 04:53 PM

Could you have lost a twin? Did you have blood trapped in you uterus from an implantation bleed that finally desided to come out? No clots or anything of that sort? I know myself I had bleeding around 8 weeks three weeks ago, had an us because last time was a miss, turned out I lost a twin and it was the residual sp? that was left comming out. Now Iam almost 12 weeks and no more bleeding. Take it easy, but remember if you do miss it is nothing that you did, they just happen.

Midwife & Mom to Gracen 9 luxlove.gif, Avery 6joy.gif Urijah 4superhero.gif Greta Sue, 9-9-10babyf.gifuc.jpg  Oh Baby! 1sttri.gif Due in April

#37 of 45 Old 09-26-2006, 05:30 PM

Gardenmommy, I think that sounds good. I think it's so healthy and serene of you to be at peace with whatever the outcome is. I do pray that this little baby will be okay.
#38 of 45 Old 09-27-2006, 03:00 AM

Sending warm thoughts and positive vibes you and your baby's way.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#39 of 45 Old 09-27-2006, 10:36 AM

: Sending you lots of sticky vibes and warm thoughts!!!:
#40 of 45 Old 09-27-2006, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Hadn't thought of the poss. of losing a twin. I don't think so, just because the volume of blood wasn't that great, not a lot of clots (just some very small ones, not enough to hardly consider them clots), etc.

My midwife suggested that perhaps it's just bleeding that would occur during my normal cycle, or maybe some cervical abrasion (due to the blood vessels being enlarged/closer to the surface or whatever). No sex, as I just can't stand to be touched, much less intimate! (poor Dh, he is very patient!)

So, I am optimistic, but am cautious. I am trying to take it easy, but have so many things to do that really can't be put off, it's hard. I'm just trying to make life easier for me: lots of sandwiches instead of big meals, small amounts of laundry, letting the house slide (it really needs cleaning!), doing the minimal amount of stuff I can. My poor horses are barely getting a lick and a promise with regards to their care. Same with my cat.

We recently began a s system whereby the children have set chores, and others that are assigned for pay. This is helping tremendously, as they can do so much to help out around the house and yard. Plus, they like knowing they are contributing to the family, and earning some spending money. So that's taking some of the work off my shoulders, too.
#41 of 45 Old 09-29-2006, 01:04 PM

gardenmommy

I'm pregnant with my first, and I'm 12 weeks 5 days now. between 5 weeks to about 8 weeks I was bleeding on and off. I had brown blood nearly every day (sometimes I would skip a day or two in between). there were a couple days that I actually had a couple of good size clots - I thought FOR SURE it was the start of a mc.

well, at 6 weeks 4 days I went to get an u/s and we saw the heartbeat! everything is fine! the baby is growing (& goodness, so am I!). my midwife thinks that in my case it was probably something to do with endometriosis (I've had it since I was 16). there are SO many different possibilities for what it could be!

everyone has different experiences, & different bodies! I, personally, wouldn't be too concerned if the blood isn't red & isn't accompanied by cramping. although, my grandma tells me she bled bright red blood for 3 days straight with my dad & was put on bed rest for a week - obviously he was fine since I'm here

anyway, keep us updated & know that you're in my thoughts!
#42 of 45 Old 09-29-2006, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

It is very kind of you to post! Thanks for the encouragement. I have not had spotting since Monday of this week, so 4 days now without. I am really hoping that the risk of M/C has passed, although I am still cautious. I think to reassure myself, I am going to do another preg. test. Silly, perhaps, but it may give me some peace of mind.
#43 of 45 Old 09-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Banned

Don't feel silly! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking good now. I've been there and it's hard, and you do whatever you need. Best wishes!
#44 of 45 Old 09-29-2006, 05:30 PM

Yaaaay!!!! There's a baby in there!
#45 of 45 Old 09-29-2006, 06:19 PM

gardenmommy- I wanted to relate to you re: losing a twin. With my first pregnancy I had some spotting for a few days, maybe a week, with a bit of red, but really nothing much. When I went into the dr he said it looked like a had conceived twins but lost one.

So, happy to hear things are on the upswing for you!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page