My DH told me that I'm not allowed to - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-21-2006, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
feed myself anymore...

Because I chose to eat a chili dog for dinner and am now popping Tums like after dinner mints!!!

Please someone else tell me about your own crappy food choices so I feel less of an idiot...

I swear I couldn't help myself! I *WANTED* to order a baked potato. I don't know how the words 'chili dog' made it out of my mouth!
#2 of 12 Old 09-21-2006, 11:07 PM

It seems the only thing i can eat is Chicken nuggets from mcdonalds with orange HI-C.
IT IS SOOOOOO BAD. But i am so sick all the time, i guess any source of food is better than none.
#3 of 12 Old 09-21-2006, 11:39 PM

Sorry, I had beef tortellini and peas and two chicken thighs for dinner. But, then again, DH cooked! Yesterday was my day to cook, we went out for dinner. Tuesday, DH cooked.. healthy stuff. Tomorrow I plan on making a chicken lasagna. So far this week the most unhealthy thing I've had is Doritos, my favorite snack, pg or not! LAST week was awful, I ate macaroni with cheese whiz for about 9 meals in a row! :

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#4 of 12 Old 09-21-2006, 11:40 PM

I just sent DH to the store for sour apple candies and one of those pre-packaged, processed sandwiches. Preferably with mayo and on white bread: (which normally I hate but somehow they make me feel better). I'm doing what makes me feel better and planning to eat as healthy as possible in the next 2 trimesters.
#5 of 12 Old 09-21-2006, 11:45 PM

Hah! The baked potato would give me absolutely horrible reflux.

If the chili dog sounded good, who cares? Tums are fine if they work for you. The only problem with occasional heartburn is that it can worsen nausea.

I generally find a small sugar-free (stevia-sweetened whey powder is great) protein shake helps my reflux. I mix show-me-the-whey protein powder with milk. My hubby prefers mixing it with almond milk or coconut milk.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#6 of 12 Old 09-22-2006, 01:10 AM

I've lost about 14 lbs so far in the pregnancy--so my DH is just happy when I am able to get something down. For the last two days the only thing I can get down are crappy fish sticks dipped in spicy ranch dressing and those caprisun wild cherry juice drinks--frozen. I can't drink any liquids--so the caprisun things are my liquids for the day. I would like to eat healthier but right now I just can't stomach anything. What is just as bad is I can't take my prenatal vitamins either--just the thought of them makes me gag. I'm just hoping this babe will be healthy

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#7 of 12 Old 09-22-2006, 12:50 PM

Lately I've been doing what I've dubbed the "deep-freezer dive". It's when I stock my chest freezer with frozen foods, such as veggie burgers, samosas, sweet potato french fries, chicken-less nuggets, and other finger foods, and make it a meal with the microwave. It makes me feel at least semi-healthy--at least it's not a bunch of chocolate or potato chips. So easy and quick.

My DH doesn't cook. :
#8 of 12 Old 09-22-2006, 03:53 PM

Heck, it wouldn't matter if I had a chili dog, yogurt, or a big load of fresh fruit and veggies. I would have heartburn anyway.
#9 of 12 Old 09-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Banned

Colleen-- Whoa, they have frozen sweet potato fries?????????? WHERE did you buy them???? I MUST know!!! I LOVE sweet potatoes and I will go through the effort of making sp fries occassionally but oh my god if I could get them frozen....

Yes I have eaten half a tiny low fat cottage cheese cup and a tootsie roll pop for lunch. I have been hovering at the point where I'm not actually vomiting, just very... tenuous... and therefore eating crap because it seems good enough to go down easy and not make me hurl and overcome the fact that I'm really hungry but have no appetite.
#10 of 12 Old 09-22-2006, 06:03 PM

My husband said the other day, when we were going out to dinner, that it was a waste of money since I was just going to puke it up anyway.:

I have to admit that he does have a point, though.
#11 of 12 Old 09-22-2006, 06:55 PM

Ok, well, I have done better this week. But Saturday I had an entire pizza to myself (in my defense it was a CPK extra thin crust cheese/tomato pizza !) and it was good... until the heartburn. Mine only seems to come with tomatos, thankfully.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#12 of 12 Old 09-22-2006, 08:06 PM

I buy Alexia brand sweet potato fries from most of the supermarkets in town: Harris Teeter, Kroger, Giant, and Whole Foods. Food Lion and our local IGA don't carry 'em.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page