It's already beginning......... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-23-2006, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why is it that when we're pregnant, our bellies are either "Way too small" or "Geez, you're huge!"

I mean really, where did all of these experts come from? And what makes them think I would like their input on my anatomy?

Already, today, a co-worker says to me,

"How far are you?"

"Four months."

"Are you sure? You don't look big enough...."

What da heck? If I were any bigger, she'd be saying, "Only four months? Are you sure?"

As my belly becomes more and more visible, I'm preparing myself for these comments. It doesn't really matter where we fall in the spectrum, people will say what they want. I always just reply, "My midwife says I'm right on track and very healthy!"
#2 of 4 Old 10-23-2006, 09:43 PM

Ha, too funny! I got all the "wow, you'll never make it to your due date" last time. I think I am a bit smaller this time around, I know I have gained less. Either way it is annoying as everyone thinks they're an expert. I haven't had anyone comment on size yet, I think I am still small enough that if people don't know that I am prego they are too scared to ask.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#3 of 4 Old 10-23-2006, 11:08 PM

Which is why, if I ask a mama how far along she is, or when she is due, I ALWAYS say "You look fantastic/great/beautful" How hard it it to just give a compliment without judgement?
#4 of 4 Old 10-23-2006, 11:25 PM

wildthing- I agree. Even if I may be an expert and comment on the size of the belly too, but unless I honestly can't say they look half-decent (in which place I wouldn't say anything at all) I ALWAYS give a sincere compliment on how they look. I want to perpetuate the idea that pregnancy is beautiful- not just if you're a model- and almost always the women DO look fantastic. I love the way a pregnant mama's body looks (yes- I'm an artist) and that includes how our bodies change!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page