What week do stretch marks often appear? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm fair and thin-skinned and I think my mom had them. I'm expecting to get them but see nada yet. Wonder when they might come? Any ideas?

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#2 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 03:17 AM

Saw this on new posts, I didn't get stretch marks until the end (last month). I was so happy to have avoided them and then I started seeing a couple on my sides and then they came like crazy on my belly. the good news is that they completely faded by 6 months postpartum! However, I did use Vita K cream although I am not sure whether it helped or not.

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#3 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 03:26 AM

Not from your DDC, but I just wanted to chime in that I didn't get any at all until I was 41 weeks pregnant. But even then there weren't many of them and they did fade away really quickly.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#4 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 04:00 AM

yeah usually when your at the end of preg, you skin cant take it anymore....

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.
#5 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 AM

I didnt get any till at least 37-38 weeks.
#6 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 12:09 PM

I was so excited at week 36 I had no stretch marks , then all the sudden around week 38 I popped out with stretch marks all over- granted I had pre-e and my belly went from measuring at 37 up to 45 in 1 1/2 weeks.
#7 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 01:33 PM

It depends a lot on your skin. My mom started to get them at 16 weeks with me. I didn't get them until about 38 weeks with my son. However, I did get them on my boobs much earlier, as I went from a 34 A to a 36 C quite fast. Once my milk came in, I was a D cup!!
#8 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 01:36 PM

Lurking from the Aug. DDC....

My mom got wicked stretch marks with me and my brothers... I have very fair skin and I'm pretty small but I didn't get any!

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#9 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 04:12 PM

LOL with DS1 I was all thrilled with myself for not getting any stretch marks. THen after he was born and I deflated, I saw a whole ring of them that were hanging out on the underside of the belly. Sneaky little things. I dont know why I never saw them in the mirror.
#10 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 04:20 PM

wow, i have had them since, i don't know, at least week 16, something like that. they are cute though, but hard to see over my bump. i felt them before i identified them. seems like i am all belly, and have been from the beginning.

married to my best friend sam sahm to beatrice (04/07) and mourning lucia, born still 12/22/08
#11 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 04:26 PM

None so far and Im praying they are nice and stay away!!!
#12 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 05:37 PM

With my first, I thought I had made it through my pregnancy without any, except some small ones on my breasts.

Then, one day, I was lying on my back, must have been at least 37 weeks along when I felt some strange things on the underside of my belly. I ran to my bathroom and did some strange manuvering so I could see under my belly and there they were!

I ran into my bedroom and asked my ex when those had shown up and he said, "Oh, a while ago.....I thought you knew they were there!"

I felt a little let down, but now I'm ok with it. I don't mind the stretch marks at all.
#13 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 06:19 PM

My wife foxxymama already posted here, oh well. She is 26 wks, no new ones have arrived, maybe she is putting the right cream on, helping with skin.
#14 of 20 Old 01-09-2007, 07:28 PM

I got them at 33 weeks last time, as for some reason my belly suddenly exploded in size at that time. They faded quickly, but you can still notice where they are.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#15 of 20 Old 01-10-2007, 03:26 AM

IF you are the type to get them (and no cream will actually help) it is something that you either get or you don't.....then you get it as soon as your skin stretches beyond where it can go...different for everyone. Sometimes you get them if you grow very quickly....like with PE.

I am blessed to have skin that gets them. LOL

With each pregnancy I just add to them...I get little red TOPS on the old silver ones when I reach a point BIGGER than I have ever been before.

I have tons of them after being PG 3 and now 4 times. I am 28 weeks and not red tops yet....but imagine before it is all over....I will have some LONGER ones than I have ever had before.
#16 of 20 Old 01-10-2007, 12:50 PM

none with DS1 - but then got them three days after my due date passed with DS2 - it was very upsetting...I'm only 25 weeks now and haven't seen anything new - I'm expecting the ones from last pregnancy will probably get a bit worse. I'm going to try strivectin after I'm done nursing. of course, that's a couple of years a way....so I'll just have to live with them!
#17 of 20 Old 01-10-2007, 09:22 PM

I got my first few around 28 weeks with my first son. I just had a couple, and then kapow!!! they were everywhere. You don't really quite know the extent of your stretchmarks until after you give birth, and your skin relaxes.

Warning! Me talking about my extreme stretchmarks follows!!!!!!!!
With my second son, I too got the previously mentioned "red tops", extending my stretchmarks about 2 inches...he was 2 lbs heavier. By the time I was done with #2, I had stretchmarks from 4" above my navel, to down past underwear line .....skip a few inches and then my legs have them. Some of my stretchmarks are more than 1"wide, so they don't really "fade". Basically, unless I remove the skin on my stomach...there will be no question that I had babies. I'm starting to think of the stretchmarks as a replacement for the tattoo I wanted to get to represent my babes..

Don't let this scare you though... I sincerely believe I got the "worst case" of stretchmarks you can possibly get...thanks Mom . That being said.... TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would do it again in a heartbeat...besides...I got my boobs upgraded in the process (A cup to C cup) and the stretchmarks on my boobs always disappear.

__________________________________________________ ___________
Kimberly(IMOSBC)-- Wife to Dennis 8-29-98
SAHM : to Brendon 1-25-03; James 5-1-05 and EDD #3 3-31-07
****5****10****15****20****25***30****35* ***40**
#18 of 20 Old 01-10-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherRN View Post
Saw this on new posts, I didn't get stretch marks until the end (last month). I was so happy to have avoided them and then I started seeing a couple on my sides and then they came like crazy on my belly. the good news is that they completely faded by 6 months postpartum!
I could've written this... except for the fading part. They are icky looking. They had almost gotten silvery (3 yrs later) and they are now coming back
#19 of 20 Old 01-11-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imosbc View Post
I got my first few around 28 weeks with my first son. I just had a couple, and then kapow!!! they were everywhere. You don't really quite know the extent of your stretchmarks until after you give birth, and your skin relaxes.

Warning! Me talking about my extreme stretchmarks follows!!!!!!!!
With my second son, I too got the previously mentioned "red tops", extending my stretchmarks about 2 inches...he was 2 lbs heavier. By the time I was done with #2, I had stretchmarks from 4" above my navel, to down past underwear line .....skip a few inches and then my legs have them. Some of my stretchmarks are more than 1"wide, so they don't really "fade". Basically, unless I remove the skin on my stomach...there will be no question that I had babies. I'm starting to think of the stretchmarks as a replacement for the tattoo I wanted to get to represent my babes..

Don't let this scare you though... I sincerely believe I got the "worst case" of stretchmarks you can possibly get...thanks Mom . That being said.... TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would do it again in a heartbeat...besides...I got my boobs upgraded in the process (A cup to C cup) and the stretchmarks on my boobs always disappear.

__________________________________________________ ___________
Kimberly(IMOSBC)-- Wife to Dennis 8-29-98
SAHM : to Brendon 1-25-03; James 5-1-05 and EDD #3 3-31-07
****5****10****15****20****25***30****35* ***40**
YUP...that's the ones I have..big dents in my belly from almost my back completely around. They are GREAT MOMMY stretchmarks!
#20 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 05:43 AM

Just found a newbie on the right boobie

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page