Combo of cloth and disposable 13 18.57%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cause I'm a cloth freak and have to know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 PM

Yes! And i have the stash to prove it!
#3 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 06:07 PM

Yes, but a combo. We do not have enough to only cloth diaper, so we will do both
#4 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 06:17 PM

I voted combo only because we don't know how open daycare will be to cloth. But it will be cloth & maybe a little EC at home.

No stash yet but I have requested cloth diapers as gifts from family - they probably think we're crazy.

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)
#5 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 06:25 PM

YES and I am so excited I just finished buying my stash!
#6 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 06:29 PM

yes!! this is the first time since birth always before i waited till they where bigger... silly me.

so i am building my stash! i tryed to order some today but my stupid credit card was declined!!! i don't know why.ugg. i was excited lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#7 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 06:32 PM

I put combo, because I'm going to be using Gdiapers as well. They aren't exactly cloth, and they aren't exactly disposable...a combo of both. I will of course be using Fuzzi Bunz again as well.
#8 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 07:26 PM

we will be using fulltime as we did last time.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#9 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 08:27 PM

Absolutely! I have been busy knitting the soaker/pants/shorts stash right now because that takes the longest. I'll start sewing the diaper stash next month probably. I can't wait.
#10 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 09:03 PM

LOL! Yep, we're using cloth!
#11 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 09:03 PM

Yes, I love using cloth dipes!! I do have to order a few more dipes and some smaller covers for the new babe since we gave ours to SIL when she had her babe 7 months after DS was born (and we weren't expecting to have anymore children ).

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#12 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 09:21 PM

Yes, this will be my first time CDing a newborn and I'm looking forward to it!
#13 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 09:51 PM

I voted yes, but it will actually be a combo of ec and cloth.
#14 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 10:25 PM

This is my first and my first experiance with cloth but I plan to cloth. I am getting some of my stash soon and I can't wait...I love the TP!!!!

Bobbi
#15 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Banned

Yes, that's the plan! I guess I'd better start buying some, huh? !!!

I might look into EC for some of the time, see how it goes...
#16 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 10:46 PM

Yup, I voted combo though because we will use a disposable at night and cloth during the day and evening. I will also wait to use the cloth until after the meconium poops
#17 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 PM

Building up a stash as well. Might use sposie's for the tiny newborn stage, but after that I'm into Fuzzi Bunz!!
#18 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 11:19 PM

Yes....and is in just a little wierd how freakin much you can like diapers I was actually just at a store picking up a few new ones for my toddler and I can't believe how I OOOGLE CD

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#19 of 36 Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 PM

I switched to cloth to be cool...I admit...but within a week I realized that I was 'out of diapers' and didn't have to run to the store to get more because I had a full stack of warm and fuzzy prefolds in the drawer...and I was hooked.

Now I've started getting into fitteds and cute diapers...it's a horrible addiction that I refuse to try and break. Now if only I can keep from making any commitment at all to wool, maybe I can stay within my budget?
#20 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 03:24 AM

definitely cloth diapering! I love it and can't wait for a newborn in tiny dipes

This will be my 2nd baby cloth diapered from birth and I remember it was super easy last time and I will also have 2 in diapers again for a little while.

I can't imagine not using cloth on my brand new baby, it's one of the reason's I wanted another one

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#21 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 01:04 PM

All the way baby! I can't wait to cd my own babe. My newborn stash is basically finished, although I'll probably make another soaker or 2, and I'm currently working on smalls. Someday I'll get around to putting a pic in my siggy.
#22 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 01:26 PM

Yep! I didn't start using cloth with dd until she was 6 months old, and I'm am SO excited to cloth diaper a newborn this time!
#23 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 02:57 PM

we did cd until ds was about 3 months old... probably do the same this time. we'll see. we use disposables at night and for travelling, camping, etc...

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#24 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Jes

Yes, we'll be CDing. I have all the dipes ready and just can't wait to use those tiny little diapers.
#25 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 03:39 PM

yes yes yes!!! LOVE cloth diapering. we're freaks.

we have some FBs left over from Mable. and 3 XSmall FBs. just to be on the safe side we want to pick up some proraps and prefolds. but that's not mandatory.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#26 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 03:49 PM

I said no because of a couple different reasons...A lot of my family used them including my mom, well when I was younger I tried to help me mom out by changing my brother's diaper and I stuck him really bad with the pin AND myself it was terrible and I still have nightmares about it...Plus I won't have a washer and dryer when the baby is born and I can't stand the smell of cd's it makes me gag AND they gave all the babies I saw using them really bad rashes and leaking all over even with more than one plastic pants and thats after an hour of wearing it...I think I will stick to disposable dipes
#27 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 05:53 PM

I voted yes.

I'm in the minority in that I'll be using a CD service, though. I used it with DD and LOVED it. I started using it with DS, but wimped out (that's how I feel about it) and used 'sposies.

I'm looking forward to CD'ing this new one. And I love that I can just throw it all into a hamper and they bring me fresh ones every week.
#28 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 06:04 PM

I admire all of you who cloth diaper, but since DH is the SAH parent, he wants to use disposables and I think that is his decision to make.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#29 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 06:10 PM

I am so excited!!!! I started my stash last week. They will arrive in two days!!!!! I cd my son, now 15 from birth to potty training and stared dd,6 but wimped out because i worked full time( she wnt with me) but it was just too much. I am now a sahm again and cannot wait!! I have spent hours online getting to know all of the options out there. WOW! so much has changed since ds was little.

I am starting with dsq prefolds, pins, pants and a few proraps seconds. That is what I am comfortable with for now. I am hoping to score some kissloves nb to make it easier for dh,ds and dd to help out with the didy duty. I think I am scaring dh a little with how much I am getting into it all.
#30 of 36 Old 01-10-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2soon2b3 View Post
I said no because of a couple different reasons...A lot of my family used them including my mom, well when I was younger I tried to help me mom out by changing my brother's diaper and I stuck him really bad with the pin AND myself it was terrible and I still have nightmares about it...Plus I won't have a washer and dryer when the baby is born and I can't stand the smell of cd's it makes me gag AND they gave all the babies I saw using them really bad rashes and leaking all over even with more than one plastic pants and thats after an hour of wearing it...I think I will stick to disposable dipes
Just wanted to let you know the majority of mommas that cd now use a wonderful invention called the snappi, no worrry about poking babies with those.

Also, it is not the cd's that smell, unless you have a child on solids. The poops of bf'd babies has a nice smell, kind of sweet.

On the rashes, that is different for everyone. However, kids are much more likely to get rashes with sposies- as they have all kinds of nasty chemicals. If a kid is getting a rash with cloth, generally speaking it would be worse with sposies. That can be helped by making sure to change often, and using a liner like fleece next to their skin. Also, in the "olden" day days the covers used were not breathable at all and would likeable contribute to this as well. Today most cd parents use wool, fleece and other covers that allow the babies skin to breathe.

Also, laundry practices have changed a lot as well. There is no need to do a wet pail. You can get a diaper pail with lid, that will contain all your odors. You just throw the dirty dipes in and when you need to wash (depending on how many you have) you just throw in the wash and voila- easy, peasy.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page