Okay so..... What name have you decided upon???? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 78 Old 01-26-2007, 11:38 PM
 
ladygaia87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kevin Matthew, I like Kevin Ethan better BUT...with Kevin Matthew everyone is happy, including my grandmother who hates boys lol. My dad doesn't like Ethan, my mom doesn't neither...my brother does. We all like Kevin Matthew. So, its Kevin Matthew.
ladygaia87 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#62 of 78 Old 01-26-2007, 11:57 PM
 
PiePie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: completely present with my children
Posts: 7,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i love name threads! (my dh won't talk names yet, so I get my fix on MDC)

seeing starts: Holly Jean?
PiePie is offline  
#63 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 01:46 AM
 
jecaly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: northern california
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
love the names!

marcimama, some friends recently called their new girl elinora, nickname ellie, which i think is just lovely.

we're being shy about telling, and i'm not even sure we'll end up with what i'm currently thinking because i don't know empirically that it's a boy and we have pretty much only boy names (although i love oona for a girl and am a little fixated on that), but i've been trying to ask this one what his (ha) name is and feel like i've arrived at something that *could* be his name.

i'm a big fan of arden--i like that it sounds a little like "ardent" and so has this big love connotation to it. so nice. bela too! and cormac! such great name-pickers you all are.

*j
jecaly is offline  
#64 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter
 
Live~Laugh~Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In my sewing roon
Posts: 3,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awww Arden is cute, we have the Arden Mall about 3 hours from here...
I like it, its different

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.
Live~Laugh~Love is offline  
#65 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 02:04 AM
 
boogiemonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lovely Canada
Posts: 1,225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybemama View Post
His name will be Henry.
I love this name.

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

boogiemonster is offline  
#66 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 02:14 AM
 
augustgirl69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty confident she will be
Maren Alice
augustgirl69 is offline  
#67 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter
 
Live~Laugh~Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In my sewing roon
Posts: 3,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustgirl69 View Post
I'm pretty confident she will be
Maren Alice
LOL, how do you say it?

Mair-in
Mahr-in

It is different too, how did you think of it, is ist after anybody?

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.
Live~Laugh~Love is offline  
#68 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 03:04 AM
 
augustgirl69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mahr- in (mar as in car)

No it's not after anyone- it's scadinavian, not sure how I came up with it

I like it becuse it's different, but not too different KWIM? It also flows well with my other 3 kids names. I practiced yelling all of them together just to see
augustgirl69 is offline  
#69 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 12:12 PM
 
mclisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: loving my scrapbooks!
Posts: 5,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffenyMomOf2 View Post
We are having a boy. So naturally Im letting Hubby be the main name picker. But he won't finalize until he see's the baby.

His 2 top names are : Ethan and Liam

I keep seeing Ethan everywhere now so Im kinda turning away from it. Althou I love the name but its a bit to common for my taste :
I love Liam! We can't use it because our last name starts with M and it sounds horrible. I hope you get to use this!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
mclisa is offline  
#70 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 12:15 PM
 
mclisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: loving my scrapbooks!
Posts: 5,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapejuicemama View Post

Aurora-Yes, I know I kicked this one off the list already, but I keep saying it.
Story-DH said no, but I'm still workin' it.
Keep saying it out loud when he's around. Maybe he'll like it once he hears it enough.

I love Aurora Sage. The two names work perfectly together!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
mclisa is offline  
#71 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 12:19 PM
 
mclisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: loving my scrapbooks!
Posts: 5,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post

I Like the nick name Ellie, but just can't find a name I love to use.
Maybe Elise or Eliza?
I have an Ellysia (E - lees-ia). My parents call her Ellie.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
mclisa is offline  
#72 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 01:14 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazi'smom View Post
Quinn was one of the first names we thought of but somehow it faded. I still like it though. we have a lot of boy's names picked out:
Bela
Kingston
Coltrane
Hendrix
(My husband is a musician, can you tell?)

My favorite for a girl is Piper Bayou (bye-you).
not piper lee anymore? you could two middle names... ( coming from the queen of two middle names--i think all of our kids will have two)

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#73 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 04:51 PM
 
mazi'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Kris~
Yeah, Lee might pop up somewhere in there. only because it's my middle name and my dad's, grandpa's, and so on. since there are only girls in my family it's been the only way to get a name passed down which i think is pretty cool.
mazi'smom is offline  
#74 of 78 Old 01-27-2007, 10:05 PM
 
Marcimama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecaly View Post
love the names!

marcimama, some friends recently called their new girl elinora, nickname ellie, which i think is just lovely.

we're being shy about telling, and i'm not even sure we'll end up with what i'm currently thinking because i don't know empirically that it's a boy and we have pretty much only boy names (although i love oona for a girl and am a little fixated on that), but i've been trying to ask this one what his (ha) name is and feel like i've arrived at something that *could* be his name.

i'm a big fan of arden--i like that it sounds a little like "ardent" and so has this big love connotation to it. so nice. bela too! and cormac! such great name-pickers you all are.

*j
I like Elinora, Eliora or Eliana, but dh isn't too fond of them.
I REALLY like Arden. It is very unique, but still easy to say and spell!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

 

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Marcimama is offline  
#75 of 78 Old 01-28-2007, 05:35 PM
 
finn'smama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: home...
Posts: 2,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegal View Post
No freakin' clue. Was just looking at baby names right now...

It's a lot harder when you already have one child. Then you have to make their names go relatively well together.
: But I'm gleaning some good ideas from this thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Xavier Ion

...or perhaps some other "I" middle name. Any suggestions?
What about Ira?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybemama View Post
His name will be Henry.
I adore this name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
Since I don't know any of you IRL....I'll spill, because it's eating me up not telling!

Gidget...not sure about the middle name yet, but I love Delaney and Fiona. My husband is Irish by heritage, and I'm German...so I was hoping of an Irish or German middle name...but I have yet to find a German name I like with Gidget.
My husband has surfed practically his entire life, and his daddy has surfed since the 50's. SO...we named our son Kai (ocean) because of that. Wanting to kind of stick with that theme, we chose Gidget. Not because of the Sally Field show from the 60's, but because the real Gidget is a famous surfer, that still resides here in So Cal (Malibu). She frequently surfs in our hometown, and is very active in the surfing community. She's also an activist for maintaining the integrity of the ocean and our local beaches. That is something close to our hearts.
I love this too...and I love that it has so much meaning for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiztic View Post
90% sure (waiting until we meet the little one to decide for sure):

Boy: Quinn Herrick
Girl: Anika Elizabeth
I have to say, I am partial to the name Anika!

We are tossing around Oliver, Oakley (which I love) and Burton...I like Gulliver, but dp has totally vetoed it and I also like Winter but that's gonna be a hard sell too. Naming this little one is actually stressing me out a bit!:

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
finn'smama is offline  
#76 of 78 Old 01-28-2007, 06:01 PM
 
kerikadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Training in Houston
Posts: 4,362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustgirl69 View Post
Mahr- in (mar as in car)

No it's not after anyone- it's scadinavian, not sure how I came up with it

I like it becuse it's different, but not too different KWIM? It also flows well with my other 3 kids names. I practiced yelling all of them together just to see

A friend of mine just had her baby girl in September and named her Maren Elyse but they pronounce it Mare-in, her boys are Aiden and Oliver. Maren or Marin also means from the water and her DD was born in the water at home
My friend was a bit disappointed to learn that another couple also named their daughter Maren (Elizabeth) but they pronounce it the same way you do. Neither couple knew they were having a girl and neither had shared their names. Odd because there were only 6 couples in the class.

Keri

 Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
kerikadi is offline  
#77 of 78 Old 01-28-2007, 06:17 PM
 
augustgirl69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerikadi View Post
A friend of mine just had her baby girl in September and named her Maren Elyse but they pronounce it Mare-in, her boys are Aiden and Oliver. Maren or Marin also means from the water and her DD was born in the water at home
My friend was a bit disappointed to learn that another couple also named their daughter Maren (Elizabeth) but they pronounce it the same way you do. Neither couple knew they were having a girl and neither had shared their names. Odd because there were only 6 couples in the class.

Keri
Too funny. Names often have this funny way of getting around. My ODD is Ella- she's 7 and we have not meet anyone her age with the name, but boy are there a tons of Ella's who are 2,3 & 4!!

This is the first time I have decided on a name before the baby is here and the first time I have felt strongly about a name! The other kids, we went to the hospital with 3 names and decided there and even then I was iffy about the final choice for a few weeks.

Maybe it's b/c this is my last baby??
augustgirl69 is offline  
#78 of 78 Old 01-28-2007, 08:41 PM
 
wsgrl84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For us it's gonna be Justin Nathaniel. Which I picked out last minute because I was having/wanting a girl.

For a girl, it would of been Jasmine Marie.
wsgrl84 is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off