Mothering Forum banner

back to the cervix

590 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jenns_3_babies 
#1 ·
OK OK OK. I know some of you were discussing cervix stuff a few days ago, but at the time I was a wreck from renovations here and I didn't read it all. Then last night on a whim (wooo -hooo!) I thought I'd check my cervix. I could barely reach the darned thing, since I had to get around The Belly first. But when I did reach it with just the tips of two fingers, it was reaallllllly soft and squishy. And it felt a little open. Which is fine, because I know women can wander around a centimeter or two dialated for weeks. I just thought it was kind of cool.

So if any of you don't mind posting a cervix update, I'd be fascinated. (It doesn't take much these days...)

Thanks!

#4 ·
Funny, I've been checking my cervix every couple days as well. Last week, it was very, very low. OVer the last couple days, it moved back, but now it's *flatter* and tilted back. I'm not sure exactly what that means (effacing??). It's very mushy and I could get 1 finger in easily, but I figured that's from me already given birth. I don't know!! I also noticed that it hurt to touch the sides and back of the cervix...it's very senstive now.

I've been having those dang BH cx with lots of pressure every day now. The other day I had to do a search to see what exactly a mucous plug is like. I had on 2 occasions in 1 day VERY thick yellowish discharge.

This baby has another 6 weeks, at least, of cooking to do before I can meet him.

#5 ·
Is your cervix supposed to hurt when it's touched? I remember this feeling when I was in labor with my 1st. It hurt like a SOB when they'd check me and I cried and screamed.

Does it mean that I 'bothered' it too much, or that it's becoming softer,....or something??

Last night I could feel the baby's head rubbing side to side along my cervix, and OMG did it hurt. He did it a few times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.