baby's doing something weird. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-14-2007, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my little kicker has barely kicked me at all for the past 36 hours. And while I don't really think she's flipped again (at my last mw appt she was confirmed head down), something has changed about her position... the moving parts seem to be situated differently somehow.

Of course even though I don't think she's gone breech again it's something for me to sit here and stress over.... and I don't see my mw's again for another week!

It's always something, isn't it?
#2 of 4 Old 03-14-2007, 03:58 PM

As long as she's still moving that's good! You can do the breech exercises and all that right up until labor! Try not to worry too much!

Here's my vaginal breech birth story:
Do not give up hope women! My son turned footling breech about 2 weeks before Delivery and we tried a version : w/o epidural so that we wouldn’t risk forcing a C-section if it didn’t work- It didn't work. But worth trying! But all was stable and fine so they let me progress naturally hoping he would turn. Also tried the many breech tilt exercises - keep on trying girls! The EX's are good for us anyway! Thankfully he turned to a frank breech where his bottom was presenting and his legs were up in front of him. As long as his chin is tucked down to his chest and not extended up, then he is in a safe position for delivery. But the head cannot be looking up – will cause nerve damage as its coming through the canal.

Most US hospitals prefer C-sec..... I was just one of those moms trying to go as natural as possible and hated the thought of a C.... I didn't want any unnecessary surgery on my womb. And I got lucky, everything was favorable for a vaginal try as long as I agreed to the Epi and was already in the OR for emergency C. I know there are some mamas like me that hated the idea of a C unless it was truly unavoidable. I was just lucky in that it was avoidable for me; it is not always for others. And the baby's safety IS most important! It’s just not always as necessary to do C sections as the Doctors in this country believe. Sometimes they can do more damage trying too hard to be "preventative". Women have been delivering breach babies for over 100,000 yrs! It just has to be the right kind of breach position with no other complications, that's all. And now a days, with our technology we can see if it’s going to be ok before they commit to one option or the other! Ultrasounds & heart monitors are available during labor!

BUT- he folded his legs up (frank) and was butt first by the time my water broke and my midwife and doctor agreed to try a V-birth (w/epi) and have everything ready for a C if necessary.

It was easier than my first! He just rolled on out and they were both there to help keep him in the right position for his neck - NO PROBLEMS!!!!

Don't despair Ladies! Of course there had to be no other complications for my DR to agree with it but we were in the OR and all ready if it went wrong & IT WENT BEAUTIFULLY!

~Here wishing you all the best & safest outcomes!
Good luck!
#3 of 4 Old 03-14-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderinggypsy
So my little kicker has barely kicked me at all for the past 36 hours. And while I don't really think she's flipped again (at my last mw appt she was confirmed head down), something has changed about her position... the moving parts seem to be situated differently somehow.

Of course even though I don't think she's gone breech again it's something for me to sit here and stress over.... and I don't see my mw's again for another week!

It's always something, isn't it?
Maybe she turned over - from posterior to anterior? I think my little guy did that and I couldn't feel the kicks as much because they were on the back wall (where my placenta is too.) I mentioned it to the midwife on Monday at my appt - she felt him kicking her while she was feeling his position (and I couldn't really feel it!) Of course, now I'm feeling the kicks more and am wondering if he moved again.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#4 of 4 Old 03-15-2007, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

I think it might make sense that she turned around, and is now kicking me in the back.

I stopped in for a friendly visit with my family doctor yesterday (she's 5 minutes away, my midwives are a good hour away).... I mentioned that I've just been feeling 'meh', no energy, blah the past couple days. My blood pressure was quite low, especially for late pregnancy she said, and baby's heart rate, which has ALWAYS been between 145-150, was 134. My doctor said it's nothing that worries her, but she feels that my body and the baby are both preparing for birth, sooner than later. So maybe I won't have to wait until April 25, who knows! I'm talking a lot to my baby about staying put until April 4 so that we can have our homebirth. Anytime after that, I"m cool with her deciding to come out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page