breech mamas roll call! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 03-23-2007, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sooooo happy to hear it!!
I never knew a version was such a big production, shouldn't they have checked the scan before hooking you up on an ivy and giving you meds?? Seriously...

Oh, and I didn't feel this one turn either, even if I was told it would be uncomfortable when she would...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 03-26-2007, 08:30 AM

I don't post very often... but I'm reporting in here, too. I'm 36w +3, baby was breech at 34wks when I saw the midwife to discuss the possibility of a HBAC or a VBAC in the birth centre - I'm in the UK, btw, though I've just not long moved up to Scotland, which was why I'd only just got round to discussing this with my *new* HCPs - and she wanted me to see the consultant to 'discuss' with him the risks of a HBAC. At his appointment - 35 weeks - baby was transverse, which appears to be where the baby settles most of the time, from what I can tell.

Though tbh, most of the time I've not a clue, and it feels like there's an octopus in there!

The consultant booked me in for another appointment and scan at 38 weeks, but I got anxious, so I'm due to see the midwife again on Thursday, and until then I've no idea what their thoughts will be on the whole thing. And as up until now, the VBAC has occupied most of my thoughts/research, I've had to read up *very* quickly on breech birth.

I'm just trying to keep in mind that babies turn around, remain positive about everything (not easy with all the blue hormones that appear to have made a comeback this last week or so), and do those exercises

And on top of all this... we're probably going to be moving when I'm 39 weeks! :

Much empathy to all the other mums here :
#33 of 45 Old 03-26-2007, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Elizabeth-I am so excited your lil' one is head down, that is great news! Good for you for standing up for yourself. It blows my mind that they were offering you an induction for an 8 lb baby when you have already birthed babies much larger than that no problem. I guess we are not allowed to have babies over 7 lbs.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#34 of 45 Old 03-26-2007, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

aminspace- I hope you that your lil' one turns soon as well. It sounds like you sure have a whole lot of stuff going on right now.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#35 of 45 Old 03-26-2007, 03:34 PM

Anyone have to have the EV? I had one last week (it was awful), and the baby seems to be staying head-down, but I think it made my uterus irritable. I'm having all kinds of stinging pain in my lower abdomen. It doesn't feel like the ctx I had last time, and I'm hoping that this is not going to add more pain to my labor.

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#36 of 45 Old 03-28-2007, 06:42 AM

us scheduled for friday because mw can't tell for sure but thinks baby is breech at 37w 3d, please cross fingers for me that head is down!

Mama to DS 4.22.07 (ana to peanuts) and DD 10.7.09
#37 of 45 Old 03-28-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabelly View Post
Anyone have to have the EV? I had one last week (it was awful), and the baby seems to be staying head-down, but I think it made my uterus irritable. I'm having all kinds of stinging pain in my lower abdomen. It doesn't feel like the ctx I had last time, and I'm hoping that this is not going to add more pain to my labor.
Oh no - sorry to hear it was a bit rough on you Mine is scheduled for tomorrow. The baby has been transverse (instead of breech) for about 5 days now, but I think she's made a move today, so it might be unnecessary after all.
#38 of 45 Old 03-28-2007, 04:26 PM

Good luck, Mezzy! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your baby is head down.

I should say it was awful for just a few minutes, though -- and then they had to monitor me for four hours because the baby's heart rate dropped really low for about a minute (which apparently is totally normal). I was on oxygen and IV. Oh, and first they gave me a dose of terbutaline, which is like adrenaline and made me feel like I'd drunk several espressos. Blech.

But in the end, the baby is still head down, so I'm thinking I'll get the homebirth I wanted and not a c-sec, so I'd do it again.

Let me know what happens!

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#39 of 45 Old 03-29-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymama
aminspace- I hope you that your lil' one turns soon as well. It sounds like you sure have a whole lot of stuff going on right now.
We picked up the keys for the new place this afternoon - so we should at least be able to move at a relaxed pace (still got to give four weeks' notice at our current place).

But even better news - I saw the midwife this morning, and baby has moved from transverse to head down! Not yet engaged, which I suppose means flipping back is always possible, but still, it's good to know there's nothing preventing baby from assuming a head-down position (and that it's not averse to doing so!). I did have a gentle hour-long swim at the local baths yesterday afternoon - not sure if that helped, but I'll be making a few more trips over the next few weeks, just for luck

Fingers crossed for the rest of you, too
#40 of 45 Old 03-29-2007, 08:35 PM

That's great news aminspace I'm happy to report that mine is also head down, and that I didn't need the ECV after all! I thought she had flipped on Wednesday and apparently I was right. I still went to my appointment for the ECV (as I wasn't sure if I was feeling a bum or a head) but an ultrasound revealed that she'd been a good girl and had done the job herself.

Just proves that a baby can still turn at 37+ weeks!
#41 of 45 Old 04-09-2007, 09:03 PM

:

I cannot believe this. I'm 40w2d today and had an appointment with the ob who works with my mw to have my fluid level checked. First I was put on the monitor for an NST: baby's heartbeat was way low, same place it's been for weeks. I was *seeing* kicks at the top of my fundus off and on through the whole NST (which went fine).

Then, it's off to the u/s room. The ob gels me, looks for a second on the u/s screen, and says, "Did you ever go for that Chinese medicine, acupuncture stuff you were going to try?" I said yes. She says, "Well, your baby's breech again. Here's her head right here," while scanning the very top of my fundus. Spine's along my right side, butt is down. She proceeds to measure my fluid, which is fine. She couldn't tell if her feet were down or up, but to her it doesn't matter -- breech is breech, which means a section.

I went for another Webster adjustment this afternoon, and am scheduled for another on Wednesday along with another trip to the acupuncturist that same day. We'll probably schedule a version for Thursday. If it's successful, they'll want to induce immediately -- especially since she's flipping around so much. If it's not successful, they'll want to go ahead and section me. I have no idea what to do. My uc dreams are slipping through my fingers ...

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#42 of 45 Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 PM

Oh heathenmom, I'm so sorry! I hope that the treatments work for you this week. Is there any hope of someone delivering this baby vaginally near you? I wish i had some advice or something but all I can offer are s. I hope the little one turns for you...
Anika

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#43 of 45 Old 04-09-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Oh heathenmom, I'm so sorry! I hope that the treatments work for you this week. Is there any hope of someone delivering this baby vaginally near you? I wish i had some advice or something but all I can offer are s. I hope the little one turns for you...
Anika
I've been trying to find someone (ob/mw) for months. To my knowledge, there is no one in my area who will even attempt a vaginal breech delivery. Except me. I'm trying to work up the courage to say "F all of you" and have my breech uc.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#44 of 45 Old 04-09-2007, 10:35 PM

It is so frustrating that no one will do it anymore!:
Good luck with whatever you decide...are you feeling confindent about a breech uc?

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#45 of 45 Old 04-09-2007, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

oh, my, goodness!!! I cannot even believe that! You have been working so hard to get and keep that lil' one head down. I wish you good luck with the turning attempts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page