Hber's how is everything coming together? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2007, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It all felt so far away. Now, it is almost here. I stopped trying to make lists. Now, I am just rolling with it.

The only other thing that I have in my birth kit is loose comfrey leaf for soothing a sore bottom or for tears. It is a great poltice and good for a lot of 'injury' type things.

Make sure you have plenty of snacks that you'd like. I have been chowing on frozen strawberries lately. Right out of the freezer and into my mouth. I'd imagine that this would be a really good thing to suck on during labor. So, needless to say, we have a lot of bags in the freezer. I highly recommend them.

Oh, and my favorite bottle of red wine. A half a glass during pre-labor came highly recommended and I am ready!

mama to cecilia and rosa with 1 old:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM

We are pretty much all ready at 38 weeks! There are a few things we CAN get, but don't really need.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 PM

Most of my things are together, I just need to get the tub here (mw has it) and get a couple more pairs of pants or baby legs for babe. I even showed the mw where all my supplies are, so we're ready.

I still have a couple of projects I'd like to do around the house, but don't know if I'll get to those, and they're not crucial, just nit picky stuff.

Still thinking about what to do for the midwives. Last time I didn't do a gift, but I'm sure it would be appreciated. It's hard to get motivated beyond cleaning the house and caring for ds.

I'm 37 weeks today! Still hard to believe I'm so close.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phytoangel View Post
Make sure you have plenty of snacks that you'd like. I have been chowing on frozen strawberries lately. Right out of the freezer and into my mouth. I'd imagine that this would be a really good thing to suck on during labor. So, needless to say, we have a lot of bags in the freezer. I highly recommend them.

Oh, and my favorite bottle of red wine. A half a glass during pre-labor came highly recommended and I am ready!
I like these ideas. What is you fave red wine?? I don't really have one. But maybe we will try yours!

I received our Birth Kit today!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:53 PM

Umm... red wine! I like a sweeter red wine and the one that I have always dug is called Love My Goat by Bully Hill in NY State. It is only $9 and super yummy. A bunch of us have been digging this stuff for years and it has a comfort level that I associate with it.

Enjoy!

mama to cecilia and rosa with 1 old:
Old 03-20-2007, 11:21 PM

hmm....... half glass of red wine??????? I didnt even think of that. I will add it to my list.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 PM

I just got everything together in a big wicker basket and have it next to my birth kit (which is still in its shipping box), so I am feeling pretty good!

We also FINALLY (after 1.5 years of planning) got our king natural latex mattress on Monday!!! We are putting it all together (bed frame, mattress, bedding) tonight!! I am so excited.

Of course, we're going to have a few weeks to get all used to spreading out and then have to go back to roughly the size of a queen when the baby joins us!

User Tag List