My last day of work was yesterday! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-17-2007, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So now, On with the work of NESTIIIIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch out house, here I come!
#2 of 13 Old 03-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Banned

Mine was too, although my job was taking care of another toddler in my home, so the only thing that's going to change is that until the baby comes I can use a single stroller And nap when my dd does (not that she does very often...but at least now if she does, I can too)
#3 of 13 Old 03-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Congrats ladies! I hope this time is very restful for you!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#4 of 13 Old 03-17-2007, 03:23 PM

mine is today! although i don't work many hours in a week...but hey, it's nice to just focus on getting ready!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#5 of 13 Old 03-17-2007, 03:40 PM

Cool! I know that you ladies must be excited to have that over with!
I hope to start nesting soon, too (as soon as our stinkin' house is finished!)...
#6 of 13 Old 03-17-2007, 04:18 PM

I am finished work too -- and am looking forward to getting the last few things done around the house. The house has backslid as I 'hab a code' and am feeling rotten. I have a list, though, and so over the next few days I want to get the house tidy and organized. I don't think the baby is coming quite yet so I think I have time. I *hope* I have time, anyways.
#7 of 13 Old 03-17-2007, 04:58 PM

Ditto here too (though I did bring a small pile of work home with me to complete this week) and I, too, have a toddler at home. Regardless, it feels good to have that chapter closed for a while and be able to more fully prepare for this baby! We're all getting so close! This is so exciting!
#8 of 13 Old 03-17-2007, 06:42 PM

Mine was Wed and it feels good to be done now. I travelled up to NY on Thursday and will be up in MA as of tomorrow, so I'm feeling like this is all real finally.
#9 of 13 Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 AM

Enjoy your weeks at home getting things prepared! With DH staying home we need my paycheck for as long as possible so I'll keep up with work until the end. I think I'm going to try nesting at work, but office looks awful. I need to pitch a bunch of stuff.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#10 of 13 Old 03-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Friday was my last day of work too. I was pretty sad that it went off so unceremoniously. I cared for my husband's grandparents for just about every moment for the past year and there were more downs than ups. I had to be the one in control and the one who figured out what to do for most of the situations. I was the one with the baby monitor every night and never really fell all the way asleep. I guess I just hoped that it got noticed, but not so much. To be fair, the grandpa was wonderful and he cried and hugged me. He and I had been through a lot together. There were times when his dementia was so severe he couldn't figure out how to go to the bathroom and times when his physical health was so bad everyone was sure he would die and I slept in a chair (even through the pregancy sickness) when he was in the hospital. I leave him coherent, well-nourished, clean and pretty much aware who all the major family members are. He and I know I did a good job and we really love each other. I'm happy that I'll get to be a fully there mom now.
Quitting this job also means that we had to move out, so now, even though I sit in a chaos of boxes, I'm pretty excited that I get to start a whole new 'nest' from scratch. I just hope this baby stays put until I've unpacked!
#11 of 13 Old 03-19-2007, 01:39 PM

Congrats, ladies! Have fun nesting!
#12 of 13 Old 04-08-2007, 01:29 AM

I can finally say that I'm done with work. Thursday was my last day, and I was up doing laundry and organizing the tupperware before I even went in.

I'd love to have a week or so to nest and rest, but with the way I'm feeling...who knows.

This last week I got a lot of, "you're still here?!" But then when I was letting people know it was my last day, I received some, "really? why?"

Now to get my house together...
#13 of 13 Old 04-08-2007, 02:17 AM

That sounds nice! I (don't think) I have had my last day of work yet, but I worked today and have off until Friday so I can get stuff done at home...I really hope not to go back though

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page