are any other first timers getting nervous? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-18-2007, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am 36 weeks and couple days along with my first baby, and lately (in the past week or so) ive been going through a second phase of shock. its really a bummer because i had to get used to the idea of being a mama to begin with, and now ive spent the last 7 months thinking about nothing but this lil babe, dreaming of the day i would meet him or her, and now i feel like i did when i first found out!
specifically i no longer feel brave about birth... i was feeling pretty confident in myself for a little while, and now i really just dont want to think about it.
and whats the weirdest, is that i dont really feel pregnant anymore!
its really weird feeling this way when my baby is more active than ever!

i thought at first that it must be so abnormal for a pregnant woman to feel this way but i told my aunt how ive been feeling and she said she was the same way with her first...
any body else now what im talking about??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 03-18-2007, 07:10 PM

I absolutely felt the same around that time with my first. You aren't alone... and are totally normal!!
#3 of 14 Old 03-18-2007, 08:57 PM

Honestly this is my third and lately I have been feeling the same as you

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#4 of 14 Old 03-18-2007, 10:03 PM

Yeah, this is my fifth and I'm feeling the same way!
#5 of 14 Old 03-18-2007, 11:19 PM

I am not afraid, but a bit anxious. I keep wondering when it'll all happen, but at the same time I keep telling the baby that it should come when it is ready. I feel ready, but maybe it isn't.

The big thing that is bothering me is that I hate working. I absolutely hate it. I don't want to be bothered with it any longer.

The whole process has gone by so fast and I have loved every minute of it. The unknown is a bit daunting, but we keep saying that this is the biggest present that we'll ever receive that makes it all worthwhile.

Reading is really helping me understand more and feel good about everything. I'll keep thumbing through Spiritual Midwifery and other Ina May books until the day comes.

Soon!

mama to cecilia and rosa with 1 old:
#6 of 14 Old 03-18-2007, 11:23 PM

My first was not planned, actually I never really wanted children but.........
I felt ambivalent through out my pregnancy but finally I accepted it and was very excited. That changed as I approached my due date. I would almost have panic attacks and would think "what have i gotten myself into!!!!!!!!!" That lasted until I was so uncomfortable from pregnancy that I just didnt have the energy to be anxious. Right at the end it was almost like I was on valium or something- I was okay with everything. WHen dd was born I felt so peaceful- it was just amazing to look at her. I did have a little anxiety when we brought her home and I realized she would always be here ( I know that sounds crazy). I would look at her and think what do we do now?? It was definitely a huge transformation but the most worthwhile transformation I have ever experienced. I love being a mother- much more than I would have ever imagined. I was so scared I would 'loose' myself but actually I have 'found' myself and I like this person better.
I am so excited to be expecting my second but lately I have had some brief moments of anxiety and I think to myself " what did I get myself into!!!!!!!!!"
What a crazy, beautiful cycle.
#7 of 14 Old 03-18-2007, 11:48 PM

I know exactly how you feel...I didn't know about all of this extra pain and I've been thinking of how hard it is for me even walk, the thought of labor at this point is horrid!
#8 of 14 Old 03-19-2007, 01:17 AM

I'm alternating between feeling really nervous and not ready to be a mom...and feeling like I cannot wait for him to be born and to meet him. I'm 34 1/2 wks so I guess it is just starting to sink in that this kid could arrive soon!!
#9 of 14 Old 03-19-2007, 01:21 AM

I wouldn't say nervous.

I have no fear about the labor/delivery part. I am more concerned about bringing home another human being! I can't imagine what life is going to be like!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#10 of 14 Old 03-19-2007, 05:00 AM

:

married to my best friend sam sahm to beatrice (04/07) and mourning lucia, born still 12/22/08
#11 of 14 Old 03-19-2007, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Definetely!! I've been getting SO nervous! I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and I know this LO could come at any time. I can't wait to get to see and hold my new baby. But theres a certain fear about the labor & delivery.
#12 of 14 Old 03-19-2007, 05:53 PM

The anticipation is killing me! I'm not really afraid of giving birth since it is so natural. I am curious to know what it is like. I'm a bit nervous about the GBS test I'm having in a couple of days and going overdue/inductions/etc because I don't want to have to make decisions about interventions. I hope things progress normally/naturally!

I am nervous about bringing baby home. Neither DH or I have been around babies at all. We are going to really be winging it - but like birth, I'm betting mothering and fathering are naturally instinctive.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#13 of 14 Old 03-19-2007, 05:58 PM

this is my second and i have days when i'm nervous...

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#14 of 14 Old 03-20-2007, 11:00 PM

I am so nervous. It's really been hiting me lately that this is going to happen soon! I'm so anxious, I can't wait to bring baby home, but I'm nervous about the labor and delivery. I just really hope everything goes smoothly, and before we know it we're holding our beautiful son. I really am ready to be done being pregnant. *sigh* and not knowing when it's going to happen is driving me crazy! It could be tomorrow, it could still be another month! how do you live with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happimommi
I know exactly how you feel...I didn't know about all of this extra pain and I've been thinking of how hard it is for me even walk, the thought of labor at this point is horrid!
I feel the same way! I was feeling like I could handle it, and that it would be empowering and overall enjoyable... but as the days go by I'm starting to get really scared! I have no idea what to expect, and I hate not knowing what's going to happen...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page