Baby Turned Transverse at 37 weeks???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-19-2007, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright...so I'm 37 weeks pregnant and since like 31 weeks the baby has been head down. I didn't ask at my last appt on Friday..however, I'm pretty sure she was still head down then.

Lately...I've been wondering if she's turned transverse (sideways)! I feel a very hard bump on my right side, but I also feel either arms or legs, and I feel kicks there as well. I also feel a hard bump on my left side. Depending on how I'm laying, when I get up, my whole stomach is warped with two HUGE bumps on each side of stomach. It feels like my stomach is stretching so much that it's just going to split! I, on the other hand, feel pressure in my cervix and feel like baby is sticking her little fingers down there. OUCH!

Any ideas on how she is laying? I've been visiting www.spinningbabies.com to try to see what her position is, but for some reason I can NOT figure how how the heck she's inside of me right now!

I'm trying not to panic as I know she probably won't come for another week or so at LEAST, but it's hard not to when she NEEDS to be head down and I'm just not 100% sure she is.

I've been doing my hip exercises, I've been sitting on my birthing ball, and I've been on my hands and knees too. Any suggestions/advice?! :

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#2 of 5 Old 03-19-2007, 07:03 PM

go get adjusted by a chiropractor who knows the webster technique! you could have some strained or tight ligaments keeping your babe in that position. i am a walking ad for chiropractic care these days; ours helped this baby flip from breech three times in the last 6 weeks. for us, it just took one adjustment each time, but it can take as many as 3 or 4.

if that doesn't work, you could get an ultrasound to check for any cord issues or other obstructions.

good luck! late positioning badness is so frustrating, i know...

*j
#3 of 5 Old 03-19-2007, 07:30 PM

i second the chiro for sure!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#4 of 5 Old 03-20-2007, 06:18 AM

Do you ever feel the hiccups? That can help you figure out position. I would make a run into your practitioner and have them palpate before you invest a ton of energy worrying. However, if they confirm your suspicions then I third the suggestion for the chiro.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#5 of 5 Old 03-20-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
Do you ever feel the hiccups? That can help you figure out position. I would make a run into your practitioner and have them palpate before you invest a ton of energy worrying. However, if they confirm your suspicions then I third the suggestion for the chiro.

Not from your ddc (due in early May) but wondering about this as well. How do you know from where the hiccups are? I know baby was head down last week and it was confirmed by my OB...but now it feels like baby has turned--I'm feeling some hard little lumps around my belly button. I still have time to get her to turn but I'm just curious. I'm almost 34 weeks now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page