Menstrual like cramps? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2007, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so I am having something that feels like menstrual like cramps. During which my whole abdomen tightens. Are these contractions? I have had them a few time and everytime I go to the L&D they say they are not registering on the monitor. I am wonder what the heck these are?

Thanks
Torre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2007, 03:42 PM

I get those and I have been told it is just an irritable uterus, but mine do show up on an NST test. But I have 14 lbs of baby in me so I have no doubt my uterus is IRRITABLE!

J
twins coming MONDAY!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:35 PM

Sometimes my BH contractions feel like menstrual cramps right before the tightening of my uterus. These are just practice contractions to help your body prepare for the real work of labor. One thing to know if you are really in labor is to see if the contractions go away by trying to drink some water, change position (if lying down get up and move, or if moving around lie down on your left side), try to go to the toilet (sometimes I get more BH when I have to pee or poo). Also, before going to labor and delivery, you might want to wait until you are far along in the labor process. For example, you can't walk or talk during a contraction, they are coming at regular intervals, and you can't take your mind off of them--can't be distracted from them. I'm sorry if I sound preachy about going to l&d too early, but I really feel that is why DD was a c-sec, because I got there and was put through so many medical interventions--pit, epidural, antibiotics, c-sec with epidural window, c-sec under general anesthesia, not seeing my DD until she was over 4 hours old, DD having tons of bloodwork, glucose solution, formula, etc. . .It was hell!

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:34 PM

My BH have felt a little achey in my low back the past few days too but it only lasts for a very short while (just during the contraction.) I've strangely started getting them in my sleep too - when turning over my uterus turns rock hard and has been pretty unncomfortable. I think it is just my body doing some prep work. I've been secretly hoping they were doing something and that I'd dialate some a little early - but I haven't lost my mucus plug so I doubt much change has happened.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
Old 03-21-2007, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitii View Post
My BH have felt a little achey in my low back the past few days too but it only lasts for a very short while (just during the contraction.) I've strangely started getting them in my sleep too - when turning over my uterus turns rock hard and has been pretty unncomfortable. I think it is just my body doing some prep work. I've been secretly hoping they were doing something and that I'd dialate some a little early - but I haven't lost my mucus plug so I doubt much change has happened.
This is exactly what I've been feeling, except the achey lower back is fairly constant. I just keep telling the babies that they have to stay in a little while longer.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:48 AM

I have been getting that too for a couple weeks now - sometimes they are regular for up to an hour but then stop...mostly irregular - I guess our bodies are just practicing?? They do feel totally different than the BHCs that I have on the upper part of my belly.

User Tag List