Name Weirdness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2007, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Several weeks into the pregnancy my husband and I started looking for names. We're a little silly and decided that the baby's initials would spell out the first name of the opposite sex parent.
The girl one was set pretty easily to Kora Akacia M(?) and the boy one we hunted and hunted and came up with Xavier Ion (Xavier is my great grandfather's name and Ion just seems 'right'). We found out it was a boy before we were able to get to the M for the girl name.
Funny thing is that most days I don't overly love the name we chose but I keep coming back to it no matter how many names we look at. I don't know if we would call him by the first name or the middle name of some sort of nick name. I even went to other letters. THOUSANDS of names and nothing else seems to fit as well despite me not always being crazy about this one.
Maybe I'm just pregnant and nuts, or maybe he has 'told' us what his name is meant to be.
Of course, we agreed not to confirm anything until we've met him but does anyone have any thoughts on what we should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2007, 09:49 PM

I am having the same problem!
We've been debating different names since the very beginning and once we found out it was a boy we narrowed it down to a list of 4 or 5 choices, and then finally decided that Landon Scott was the one.

We knew we wanted the middle name to be Scott (it's my dads name as well as dp's middle name). But now I'm just not crazy about Landon all of the time, yet nothing else seems to stand out either. Idk. I know exactly how you feel! we are also waiting to meet him before we decide for sure, and we might end up going back to that original list for more options. But for some reason we always keep coming back to Landon, even though I'm not that crazy about it... It's frustrating lol... we're just counting on knowing when we see him... I'm sure it will be perfect. So good luck in the name game! I'm sure you'll know when you meet the little guy...
Old 03-20-2007, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We can never decide or feel right about a name until we see the little person! That is why we have like 8 names for each picked out!!!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Old 03-22-2007, 10:58 AM

Hi! Maybe you can tell that I'm looking through your posts to see if you've posted anything along the lines of, "I'm in labor!" yet. Anyway, I hope things are going well for you. I'm getting really excited for you!

I'm sort of the same with names. That's why I was so obsessed with names before I even got pregnant. I was just sure that the perfect name was out there somewhere, and I didn't want to settle on anything that just wasn't the right one. I've put the name search on hold for a bit because I'm basically just concentrating on asking the baby to stay with me. I'm sure the search will be back on in a month or two.

Anyway, take it easy!

Casey - Mama to Zola (10-20-07) and Felix (4-30-09)
Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i had to post this best tip i can share is just keep the name to your self with in a few days you will know if it right i ended up filing the birth papers not really in love with the first name of ds he was going to be going by the 1st middle name (he has 2 we all do) and i ended up getting the papers back saying that i missed filling in a part and would have to do it again and post it back to them by this time my ds was a month old i was like OMG i get to change his first name i did it with out looking back so i say you will know as soon as you are looking at dc and calling the name first, middle, nick, and his whole name you will be able to feel if it fits or if it needs to be changed keep looking for back ups but stick to the ones u choosed congrats and good luck
Old 03-22-2007, 02:47 PM

I might be a little biased in that I love Xavier so much I named my second son...Xavier.

Xavier Ulysses.

You'll decide when you see the kid. I was supposed to be a Cheryl, till I was born and looked nothing like a Cheryl. I still don't .
Old 03-22-2007, 02:56 PM

DH and I couldn't come up with many boy names we liked and couldn't agree on any. One night, I randomly said 'Logan' and we just knew that was it. I keep trying to tell myself I should consider other names and have backups just in case - but it just feels right. I hope I feel the same way when I meet him!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
Old 03-23-2007, 01:43 AM

I have to say I LOVE the name Xavier! It's one that will be on my list of names if I am ever expecting a boy. I guess I lucked out because the name we came up with for our daughter-to-be has the same initials as mine, and my hubby and I both loved it. i had an interesting time coming up with the first name though, because we both liked Alexa but I felt it wasn't right for my baby. For the middle name though, I took the letters of my middle name, my mom's middle name and my m-i-l's middle name and came up with a spelling of a new name that included some letters from all: Raenelle. Wondering if it was a real name, I found out that Renee (my middle name) has many different spellings and pronunciations in different languages and Raenelle was very close to a version of Renee! So I guess we have the same middle name, just different spelling and pronunciation. BTW, the first name is Shiloh (hebrew, "his gift"--also the place where Hannah prayed for a baby and later got Samuel) which is perfect because my hubby is going to be a pastor and he's been studying hebrew, so of course that was a natural choice. I'm just so in love with the name we picked and i hope and pray it fits her!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganC View Post
Hi! Maybe you can tell that I'm looking through your posts to see if you've posted anything along the lines of, "I'm in labor!" yet. Anyway, I hope things are going well for you. I'm getting really excited for you!
Well...how about you be the first I tell? Are there any rules about your labour buddy being in the same DDC or time zone?
Old 03-23-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Well...how about you be the first I tell? Are there any rules about your labour buddy being in the same DDC or time zone?
I'd be honored! Yay! I don't see why we couldn't be labor buddies. You've got some time to wait before I go into labor, however!

Casey - Mama to Zola (10-20-07) and Felix (4-30-09)

User Tag List